San Antonio Car Accident Lawyer
Free Consultations Available 24/7
San Antonio Car Crash Lawyer
In addition to its mammoth 1.4 million population, San Antonio is one of the top tourist destinations in Texas. On any given day, millions of motorists are traveling on San Antonio highways and roads. The Texas Department of Transportation reported more than 46,000 San Antonio car accidents. Car accidents can lead to very serious personal injuries that can have lifelong effects on your quality of life. You can recover damages from another person’s negligence by hiring an expert San Antonio Car Accident Lawyer from The Carlson Law Firm.
Car accidents range from minor to severe. However, more severe accidents lead to major personal injuries or even death for those involved. Our San Antonio Car Accident Lawyers understand how life can change after an accident. We can help you focus on your recovery and move forward with your life.
If you were the victim of a negligent motorist, our firm can help. The Carlson Law Firm has 40 years experience helping Texans hold at-fault parties accountable for their negligence. Our experienced attorneys, nurses and private investigators on staff will guide you through your physical and financial recovery. Contact our team today for a free consultation. We are available to talk 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Common Car Crash Injuries in San Antonio
San Antonio is the most populous city in Texas and Texas has some of the highest speed limits in the country. This mix can make San Antonio car accidents extremely dangerous. Auto accidents can harm nearly every part of the body. The type of crash and the severity of the impact determine the severity of those injuries. Common injuries from a San Antonio car accident include:
- Head: eye injuries, partial vision loss, concussion, facial or jaw fractures and dental injuries
- Neck and back: whiplash, strained muscles, and disk injuries
- Abdominal: hip fractures and injuries to abdominal organs including the liver, spleen, and kidneys
- Leg and knee: bruises, fractures, and meniscus tears
- Feet: ankles, feet, and toes can be strained, sprained or broken
- Catastrophic injuries: auto accidents are the leading cause of catastrophic personal injuries. These injuries typically have a life-long effect.
The injuries from a car accident are endless. It is essential to seek medical attention right away—even if you do not believe you’re injured. A doctor will diagnose the type and extent of any injuries or confirm that no injuries occurred.
What to do After a San Antonio Car Crash
On average, 20-50 million people are injured or disabled in traffic accidents in the United States, according to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT). Additionally, nearly 1.3 million people die in car accidents every year. Defensive driving is key to avoiding accidents. However, we recognize that sometimes even your best defensive driving won’t stop others’ negligence. It is important that if you find yourself injured in an auto accident, you’re prepared for what is to come.
If you are involved in a San Antonio car accident, The Carlson Law Firm encourages you to do the following:
- Stay put: Your first reaction may be to leave and get help or go somewhere safe. However, leaving the scene of a car accident, especially if someone has been injured or killed in the crash, can bring serious criminal charges.
- Assess the damage: Your safety and those involved in the accident takes priority. Make sure to keep yourself and other out of harm’s way if other vehicles are still moving in the area. This will prevent any additional collisions or pedestrian accidents.
- Contact the authorities: Calling 9-1-1 will ensure you get the medical care you need, as soon as possible.
- Watch what you say (and sign): Never apologize or sign anything taking responsibility for a car accident until you have consulted an experienced auto accident lawyer first.
- Gather information: It’s important to gather the information from other parties involved in a car collision. Take down the names, contact information and driver’s license number of other drivers, passengers, and even witnesses.
- Collect evidence: Pictures of your car and the scene of the crash are an important resource later to prove damages. Make sure you take pictures of the entire scene, including street signs and roadways.
- Get help: Reach out to a San Antonio car accident lawyer. An experienced car accident lawyer will make sure your health is cared for and will handle your claim for you so that you can focus on what really matters; your recovery.
The Types of San Antonio Car Accidents We Handle
The Carlson Law Firm has represented car accident victims for more than 40 years. Contact us to set up a free consultation with a highly-skilled San Antonio car accident lawyer. We handle a variety of cases including:
Car and Bicycle Crashes
Bikers have every right to use the roadway just as much as motor vehicles. Devastating consequences can occur when negligent motorists fail to observe the rights of bicyclists and pedestrians. A San Antonio car accident lawyer will fight for the victims of bicycle accidents.
Car and Motorcycle Crashes
Motorcycle accidents often lead to deadlier accidents when involved with passenger cars. Even with it’s “Share the Road” campaign, Texas Department of Transportation reports that 493 riders lost their lives and 2,006 were seriously injured in 2016. Car and truck collisions are responsible for nearly half of all motorcycle accidents. Drivers may not see, or misjudge how close the motorcycle is and the speed it’s traveling.
Commercial or Company Vehicle Accidents
A commercial or company vehicle is a car, van, truck or bus that is owned and operated by a company used by employees or agents of that company. Commercial vehicle accidents occur while employees are doing work assigned duties; such as, carrying work equipment, hauling goods or transporting passengers. These incidents may also arise during work-related employee transportation.
Research indicates that it takes 27 seconds for driving to regain a motorist’s full attention after using a cellphone or other device in a vehicle. TxDOT reports that distracted driving accidents account for 100,000 crashes on Texas roads. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) recognizes three types of distracted driving.
- Visual: taking your eyes off the road
- Manual: taking your hands off the wheel
- Cognitive: taking your mind off of driving
A San Antonio car accident lawyer from The Carlson Law Firm can assist you in proving the other driver was at fault because of distracted driving.
Drunk Driving Accidents
It is illegal to get behind the wheel of a car with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of .08 or higher. Alcohol in your system impairs the ability to safely operate a vehicle. Every year, drunk driving puts nearly 112 million people at risk because of poor decisions and dangerous habits. But for innocent people in San Antonio, another’s personal choice to drive drunk can carry lifelong consequences.
Hit and Run Accidents
Some of the most tragic types of wrecks a Carlson Law Firm San Antonio car accident lawyer handles are when a driver leaves the scene. Texas laws require individuals to stay at the scene and exchange information until law enforcement and ambulances arrive. It is normal to experience anxiety surrounding the claims and investigation process, especially when there is difficulty locating the other driving. Fortunately, you still have a chance to take legal action.
While any car wreck can have potentially devastating effects, a multi-vehicle crash tends to be particularly catastrophic. A chain reaction, or pile-up accident, involves three or more cars. Many times, these types of accidents result in serious injuries for all parties involved. Pile-up accidents raise complex legal issues when determining who is at fault for the wreck and holding them accountable.
Sidewalks and crosswalks should be safe places for San Antonio pedestrians to walk and jog. Unfortunately, negligent drivers fail to observe the rights of pedestrians, leading to serious accidents. If you’re the victim of a pedestrian accident, contact us to speak with a skilled San Antonio car accident lawyer for a free consultation. We will advocate for you every step of the way.
Uninsured/Underinsured (UM/UIM) Motorists
Roughly 14 percent of Texas drivers are uninsured; however, it’s nearly impossible to put a number on the number of underinsured drivers on Texas roads. These policies you and any household family member riding in any car as well as any non-family members riding in your insured automobile.
Rear End Collisions
Informally called fender benders, these collisions are common where the roads are congested. A rear-end collision is among the most common types of car crashes that occur on Texas roadways. Rear-end crashes happen when the front bumper of one vehicle strikes the back end of another.
A car clipped at just the right angle can go into a spin and roll over. Rollover and roof crush accident can happen to any vehicle. However, studies and years of litigation have shown that some vehicles have an unreasonably high tendency to roll over, even under normal driving conditions.
Drivers who speed neglect this responsibility and put themselves and others on the roads in danger. Accidents caused by speeding produce some of the most serious and catastrophic car accident injuries due to the sheer high velocity and impact of these crashes.
A San Antonio Car Accident Lawyer Can Determine Fault
In order to collect compensation, you will need to prove your injuries and property damage were caused by the negligent acts of another driver.
What is Negligence and How is it Determined?
Many people believe they can handle the aftermath of a car accident without the help of an attorney. However, many complications can arise when navigating the American legal system. By hiring a Carlson Law Firm San Antonio Car Accident Lawyer, we can help you prove negligence in your personal injury case.
In order to win a negligence case, the injured party has to prove four elements to show that a person is at fault:
- Duty – The defendant owed a legal duty to the plaintiff under the circumstances
- Breach – The defendant breached that legal duty by acting or failing to act in a certain way
- Causation – It was the defendant’s actions (or inaction) that actually caused the plaintiff’s injury
- Damages – The plaintiff was harmed or injured as a result of the defendant’s actions
How A San Antonio Car Crash Lawyer From The Carlson Law Firm Can Help You
The Carlson Law Firm is a client first firm. From the very first moment you contact us, we will show you that you made the right choice. A San Antonio car accident lawyer from The Carlson Law Firm understands that the aftermath of an unexpected injury can be filled with challenges. We are here to help you seek just compensation for your injuries or loss of a loved one. We have more than 40 years of experience in personal injury law. Our San Antonio attorneys have successfully recouped millions of dollars for our clients who suffered a personal injury.
Our legal team can provide you with the answers you need. We can help you determine if an auto accident lawsuit is the right choice for you. Our legal team has a wide range of skills that can be used to your benefit. We have a proven history of success in car crash cases. A good car accident lawyer will fight for the maximum amount of compensation available, but a great car wreck attorney will also ensure your physical recovery. A Carlson Law Firm car accident attorney will work tirelessly for the legal resolution that allows you to fully recover from your injuries.
Contact a San Antonio car accident lawyer from our firm at your earliest convenience.