450,000 Blind Recall Prompted by 2009 Strangulation of Toddler
Posted By The Carlson Law Firm || 7-Sep-2012
The death of a 2-year-old girl has prompted a blind recall of more than 450,000 units after the young girl was strangled by the loop of a vertical blind cord, officials said.
According to the Associated Press, Blinds Xpress called back more than 450,000 units that do not attach to the wall or floor, creating a danger to children, who can become entangled.
News of the bad blinds stemmed from the accident, which occurred in 2009. Although the product recall involves hundreds of thousands of dangerous blinds that could create risk of entanglement for children, some safety advocates wonder why it took years for the defective product to be pulled from shelves and stores.
According to the Associated Press, the recalled blinds were sold between 1995 and 2011 in Michigan, Ohio and Indiana. Consumers are urged to stop using the blinds and seek a repair kit from the Window Covering Safety Council.
A variety of product recalls occur almost every day, affecting everything from the food we eat to the toys our children play with, to the vehicles we drive. But despite the prevalence of bad products, not all goods are pulled from the reach of consumers. Second hand products leave consumers at risk of injury resulting from dangerous products. In addition, some recalls take years and hundreds or thousands of complaints to provoke a company to pull a defective product from stores.
If you or someone you love has been seriously injured or killed as a result of a defective baby product, faulty auto equipment or other bad products, call our product liability attorneys at 254-633-2983, contact our personal injury law firm in Texas online or visit one of the 11 office locations for our accident injury attorneys in Austin, San Antonio and across the state. We care. We can help.
- Written by admin