Attorney Files Suit Against E-Cig Battery Retailer
The Carlson Law Firm’s Steve Dummitt has filed a lawsuit against e-cigarette retailer Monster Vape, on behalf of his client Zareck Barrows.
Earlier this year, Barrows purchased two 18650 3000 mAh e-cigarette batteries from a Monster Vape retail store in San Antonio, Texas. A little more than a month later, with one of the batteries and his cell phone in his front pocket, Barrows sat down to eat a bowl of cereal. As he began to eat, the battery exploded, severely injuring his left hand and leg.
Barrows sustained severe 2nd and 3rd degree burns. He underwent a painful skin graft from his right thigh to replace the burnt skin on his left thigh. Due to these injuries Barrows’ ability to stand and walk has been seriously impaired.
Despite numerous instances of e-cigarette battery explosions across the United States, e-cigarette retailers such as Monster Vape continue to sell e-cigarette batteries to unsuspecting consumers like Barrows. These batteries are manufactured in China which lacks government oversight and regulation and often produces dangerous and harmful products.
“Unfortunately the e-cigarette market is largely unregulated by the FDA, and Chinese manufacturers and distributors take advantage of this lack of oversight by making products that should never be sold on U.S. store shelves,” says Dummitt, who specializes in personal injury law. “These 18650 batteries are basically small sticks of dynamite that can blow up at any moment. My client hopes that with this lawsuit, others will be made aware of the risks that e-cigarette batteries are to the public and hopes to prevent others from being seriously injured,” he adds.
If you, or someone you love, have been seriously injured due to an exploding e-cigarette battery, it is important that you contact an attorney as soon as possible. Here at The Carlson Law Firm we have a team of dedicated and knowledgeable attorneys, nurses and personal investigators who are ready to fight for you, and protect your rights.
- Written by admin