Multi-vehicle Accident on I-20 Injures One
Posted By The Carlson Law Firm || 20-Dec-2011
A chain of accidents that included multiple 18 wheeler trucks resulted in the serious injury of one woman and provoked authorities to close Interstate 20 for several hours Monday, said the Texas Department of Public Transportation.
Officials said there were at least four semi-trucks involved in the accident and several passenger vehicles.
One woman was injured in the pile-up and was transported to the hospital with severe neck injuries. She was recently listed in critical condition and she appeared to have broken her neck, preliminary observations revealed.
The roadway where the multiple-vehicle accident occurred has a large steep hill, which authorities say is particularly dangerous during icy and wet winter conditions.
According to the Operational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), drivers can take specific precautions while operating a vehicle on icy or wet roads. Some of their top tips for winter driving include:
- Keep your vehicle maintained: Check safety equipment, including tires, wipers, etc.
- Keep safety equipment on hand; such as flashlights, food, warning devices and blankets, in case of an emergency.
- Plan ahead: make sure you plan your arrival, allowing for plenty of travel time and stops.
- Be familiar with your vehicle and equipment, like brakes, and how it operates during icy and wet conditions.
- Slow down.
- Avoid fatigue
- Use proper safety equipment, such as seat belts, and make sure children are fastened into safety seats correctly.
If you or someone you love has been seriously injured or killed in an accident involving a negligent driver or fault vehicle equipment, call our personal injury attorneys in Austin, San Antonio, Waco and statewide Texas at 888-335-7492, contact us online or visit one of the 11 office locations for our personal injury law firm in Texas for a free consultation today.
Our experienced accident lawyers, professional medical consultants, private investigators and caring staff will help you uncover answers to some of the questions associated with your accident or the accident of a loved one while seeking just compensation for your injuries and loss. We care. We can help.
- Written by admin