Seven Workers Injured in Carbon Dioxide Leak in Brownsville
Seven workers, believed to be contracted with Keppel AmFELS, were transported to a hospital after a carbon dioxide leak in Brownsville left them injured, officials said, Friday.
None of the identities of the seven men who became ill as a result of the carbon monoxide leak have been released yet, authorities said. All seven were transported to a local hospital on Thursday afternoon but have since been listed in stable condition.
Officials said the workers were contracted to work on a fire suppression system on a vessel. The carbon monoxide leak accident at the Port of Brownsville occurred at Keppel AmFELS, which is a company that constructs and maintains drilling platforms and rigs.
Workplace accidents can be caused by an array of factors, including:
Poor employee training
Improper or inadequate safety gear
Poor equipment maintenance
If you or someone you love has been seriously injured or killed in a workplace accident, call our workplace injury attorneys in San Antonio, Austin, Waco and statewide Texas at 254-870-3621, contact our workplace accident lawyers online or visit one of the 11 office locations for our personal injury lawyers in Texas for a free consultation today.
Our experienced team of accident injury lawyers, professional medical consultants, private investigators and caring staff will help you uncover some of the details associated with your injuries or the fatal workplace accident of a loved one while seeking just compensation for your injuries and loss. We care. We can help.
- Written by admin