Two Killeen Motorcycle Accidents Claim the Lives of Two People in 24 Hours
Two motorcycle accidents on Killeen highways have resulted in the deaths of two people in less than a 24 hours. On Thursday, December 3, a motorcyclist was killed after colliding with a tractor-trailer on Stan Schlueter Loop. According the Killeen Police Department, the victim was a 21-year-old Fort Hood soldier. Less than a day later, in the early afternoon of Friday, December 4, a 44-year-old motorcyclist lost his life after leaving East U.S. Highway 190 for unknown reasons. Police are currently investigating the causes of the accidents. Read more via the Temple Daily Telegram.
Motorcycle Safety Tips
Motorcycle accidents are responsible for tens of thousands of injuries and fatalities every year in the United States. Because riders are exposed to the elements while riding their motorcycles, they are more likely to experience serious injury or death in collisions than those riding in passenger vehicles. According to Killeen Police Department spokeswoman Carroll Smith, “you don’t have anything that is going to protect you, it’s your body against metal for the most part, or the road, and usually you don’t win.”
The Carlson Law Firm urges you to keep these motorcycle safety tips in mind:
- Don’t drive faster than the speed limit or what is safe for current weather conditions. Treating a motorcycle like a racing bike on a highway is one of the biggest sources of accidents that the Killeen Police Department sees.
- Never drink and drive! This includes driving under the influence of drugs, prescribed or otherwise.
- Be aware of your surroundings, and watch out for patches of road that are in disrepair or are covered in gravel or debris.
- Wear protective safety gear. Without it, a rider is at an enormous risk of serious injury or death.
- Keep your motorcycle well maintained to avoid accidents caused by mechanical failures.
Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Killeen, TX
If you are in need of personal injury representation after a motorcycle accident, we encourage you to speak with a Killeen motorcycle accident lawyer at The Carlson Law Firm as soon as possible. Depending on the circumstances of your case, you may have grounds for a personal injury lawsuit through which you may be able to recover compensation. Our team of lawyers can help you establish who may be held liable and what types of damages you may be able to pursue.
Fill out an online contact form to request your free consultation.
- Written by admin