Waco Man Killed in Electrocution Workplace Injury
Posted By The Carlson Law Firm || 27-Jul-2012
A worker with Cornerstone Plumbing Co. passed away from a workplace injury after he brushed against exposed electrical wires while working beneath a house on Edmond Ave. in Waco, officials said.
The man was identified as 32-year-old Pedro Garcia. According to authorities, Garcia was checking underneath the house for a natural gas leak when he brushed against the exposed wiring. He was shocked and became unconscious, his co-workers said.
According to emergency personnel, the co-workers who were with him attempted to administer CPR. Garcia was transported to the hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.
The electrical accident in Waco occurred at approximately 6 p.m.
According to the U.S. Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics, more than 2,500 workers in the U.S. died over a seven year period, as a result of electrocution workplace accidents. Workplace injuries, in general, can be detrimental to the financial well being of families, even when the victim survives the accident. Lost time at work can be devastating for families relying on the steady income of their job.
If you or someone you love has been seriously injured or killed in a workplace injury accident, call our workplace accidents attorneys in Waco, Austin, San Antonio and statewide Texas at 254-633-2983, contact our electrical injury lawyers online or visit one of the 11 office locations for our workplace injury law firm in Texas for a free consultation today.
Our experienced lawyers, professional medical consultants, private investigators and caring staff will help you uncover answers to some of the questions surrounding your work accident or the on-the-job accident of a loved one while seeking just compensation for your injuries and loss. We care. We can help.
- Written by admin