Car Accident Lawyers in Bryan, Texas
According to TXDOT, in 2019, there were 1,626 car crashes in Bryan. College Station wasn’t too far behind with 1,421 accidents in the Brazos Valley. For both cities, this is an alarming number of car crashes that happen each year. When adjusted for their population sizes, the Bryan-College Station Metropolitan area ranks 16th in Texas for severe car accidents. Further, between the two cities, there were 77 suspected serious injury crashes and seven fatalities in 2019. Our compassionate Bryan Car Accident Lawyer understands that a crash can change your life in a split second.
When you or someone close to you is injured in a car accident, it is vital that you seek the help of an attorney who is familiar with your community. A skilled Bryan car accident lawyer at The Carlson Law Firm can help you prove the other driver is responsible for your injuries.
The Carlson Difference
The Carlson Law Firm is consistently voted one of the best law firms in our communities. Our clients recognize that when you hire an injury attorney from The Carlson Law Firm you’re getting legal representation that is both compassionate and experienced. A qualified Bryan car accident lawyer from our firm will do the following:
- Handle your case with no upfront costs to you.
- Communicate with the other driver’s insurance.
- Gather evidence proving the at-fault party’s negligence.
- Work with your doctors to ensure they provide the necessary medical information to prove damages.
- Help you recover medical expenses.
- Negotiate fair settlements.
- File a lawsuit on your behalf if the insurance company fails to agree to a fair settlement.
- Handle lien holds.
What sets The Carlson Law Firm apart is our dedication to our clients. Our firm has some of the most recognizable and respected injury attorneys in the nation. Our Bryan, Texas lawyers have recovered significant damages for clients injured through various forms of negligence. Choosing The Carlson Law Firm means choosing a lawyer who won’t settle your case because of time or resource constraints. We have the resources to hire experts and take your case before a judge and jury should the insurance company deny or devalue your claim.
Types of Cases our Bryan Car Accident Lawyers Handle
Located near one of Texas’ largest university systems, our Bryan office serves the needs of College Station and all of the Brazos Valley. With a population just north of 87,000 and its proximity to Houston, car accident are frequent in Bryan.
According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), Bryan had 1,626 car crashes. College Station was not far behind with 1,421 crashes.
Our Bryan Car Accident Lawyers represent victims of crashes who have been injured through another person’s negligence. Our clients often suffer injuries when other drivers do the following dangerous acts:
- Drug use
- Failure to yield the ride of way
- Inattention to traffic signs and signals
We’ve been representing car accident victims for over 40 years. Our team of highly-skilled car accident attorneys is able to handle a variety of auto collision cases. We can show you what sets The Carlson Law Firm apart.
What Should I do after Bryan Car Crash
In 2019, nearly 30% of the traffic crashes that occurred in Bryan, Texas resulted in some sort of injury. It is important that you know what to do in the unfortunate event you are involved in a car crash. Our Bryan car accident lawyers recommend you do the following after a crash:
- Stay put: Your first reaction may be to leave and get help or go somewhere safe. Leaving the scene of a car accident, especially if there is an injury or death, can bring about serious criminal charges.
- Assess the damage: The safety of yourself and those around you after a car crash is vital. Make sure you, and those affected by the accident, stay out of harm’s way of other vehicles that may still be in the vicinity. This will prevent additional collisions.
- Contact the authorities: By calling 9-1-1, you are making sure you get the medical care you need, as soon as possible.
- Watch what you say (and sign): Never apologize or sign anything taking responsibility for a wreck until you have consulted an experienced auto accident lawyer first.
- Gather information: It’s important to gather information from other parties involved in a car collision. Make sure to note the names, contact information and driver’s license number of other drivers, passengers, and even witnesses.
- Collect evidence: Pictures of your car and the scene of the crash can be an important resource later to prove damages. Make sure you take pictures of the entire scene, including street signs and roadways.
- Get help from a Car Accident Lawyer: Reach out to an injury attorney with significant experience handling these types of matters. Our team will handle all communications with the insurance company for you so that you can focus on what really matters: your recovery.
The Injury Lawyer You Hire Makes a Difference
In addition to medical bills, economic losses, and a decline in the quality of your life, car crashes are serious legal matters. You need a lawyer who understands every aspect of how your injuries can and will change your life. A Bryan car accident lawyer will listen to your needs and work tirelessly to ensure you get the payment you are owed.
Common Car Accident Injuries in Bryan-College Station
Auto accidents in Bryan-College Station can result in injuries to every part of the body. . However, the severity of your injuries depends on the type of crash; as well as the severity of the impact. Common car accident injuries include the following:
- Head: Eye injuries, partial vision loss, concussion, facial or jaw fractures and dental injuries
- Neck and Back: Whiplash, strained muscles, and disk injuries
- Abdominal: Injuries to abdominal organs including the liver, spleen, and kidneys
- Broken Bones: Tibia/fibula, femur, rib, hip, pelvis, facial and back fractures are most commonly caused by high-impact crashes.
- Leg and Knee: Bruises, fractures, and meniscus tears
- Feet: Ankles, feet, and toes can be strained, sprained or broken
- Catastrophic Injuries: Auto accidents are the leading cause of catastrophic personal injuries. These injuries typically have a life-long effect.
Because there are so many different types of car accident injuries that you can suffer a result of a car crash, it is important you seek an examination from a medical professional as soon as possible. A doctor will be able to diagnose the type and extent of any injuries or confirm that no injuries occurred. Even if you do not believe that you suffered an injury, it is still a good practice to visit a doctor or other qualified medical professional.
How can a Bryan Car Accident Attorney Help Me Prove the Other Driver's Negligence?
When you suffer car crash injuries, a Bryan injury lawyer must establish that the person who caused the wreck was negligent in order for you to collect compensation for your injuries. By definition, negligence is the failure to use ordinary care. In other words, when a person or business fails to do what a person of ordinary prudence would have done under the same or similar circumstances they are negligent.
How to determine negligence after a car accident
In order to win a negligence case, the injured party has to prove four points to show that a person at fault acted negligently:
- Duty: The defendant owed a legal duty to the plaintiff under the circumstances
- Breach: The defendant breached that legal duty by acting or failing to act in a certain way
- Causation: It was the defendant’s actions (or inaction) that actually caused the plaintiff’s injury
- Damages: The defendant’s actions harmed or injured the plaintiff
Contact a Local Bryan Car Accident Lawyer
When you are injured in a car crash, contact an attorney with the experience and know-how to represent you. Our Bryan Car Accident Lawyers can be reached at 979-260-5688, or fill out a car accident contact form.
The Carlson Law Firm in Bryan is located at 1121 Briarcrest Dr. Suite 200, Bryan, TX 77802.
We support our Brazos Valley Neighbors!
Each year through our Carlson Cares program, we donate Thanksgiving Dinner in a Basket to deserving families in the Brazos Valley. In 2020, we gave away 86 baskets that were filled with enough to feed a family of four.
How a Car Accident Lawyer at The Carlson Law Firm Can Help You
At The Carlson Law Firm, our clients come first. From the moment you contact us, we will show you why The Carlson Law Firm is the standard for personal injury representation. Our injury lawyers understand the emotional, physical, and financial toll a car wreck takes on you. Our team will advocate for you to get you just compensation for your injuries or loss of a loved one when the insurance company denies or devalues your injuries or the loss of life.
With 14 locations statewide, The Carlson Law Firm has a car accident attorney near you ready to handle your case.
We have a 40-year proven history of success in recovering compensation for crash victims. A car accident lawyer will fight for the maximum amount of compensation available. Moreover, our team will work tirelessly to achieve a resolution that can allow you to fully recover from your injuries.