Find a Location
Kerrville Car Accident Lawyer
The average household in Kerrville, Texas owns at least two vehicles. It is the county seat for Kerr County. As of 2019, the city had a population of about 24,000. Since 2000, Kerrville’s population has continued to grow. The city rising population along with the growth in popularity of the Texas Hill Country has continued to contribute car crashes in Kerrville and surrounding areas. It’s important to contact a qualified Kerrville car accident lawyer near you if you’ve been injured in a wreck.
Why Choose a Kerrville Car Accident Lawyer from The Carlson Law Firm?
The Carlson Law Firm is widely considered one best law firms in Texas by our clients because we provide skilled and experienced legal representation for injury clients. A qualified car accident attorney in Kerrville will:
- Handle your case with no upfront costs to you.
- Communicate with the other driver’s insurance.
- Gather evidence proving the at-fault party’s negligence.
- Work with your doctors to ensure they provide the necessary medical information to prove damages.
- Help you recover medical expenses.
- Negotiate fair settlements.
- Handle lien holds.
Not all injury lawyers are the same. In fact, there are several factors that set injury lawyers apart. At The Carlson Law Firm, we treat our clients with dignity and respect. The Carlson Difference is we are compassionate and caring trial lawyers. This is what sets our firm apart from other law firms in the area. We are unafraid to take your case to court if the insurance company is offering an unfair settlement. Contact us today for a free legal consultation.
Kerrville Car Crash Statistics
Historically, March and April are Kerrville’s highest months for car wrecks, followed closely by July. A majority of car crashes in Kerrville happen during the evening hours. Fortunately for Kerr county residents, the number of car wreck fatalities has dropped significantly since they peaked in 2013.
Between 2012-2014, the number of drunk driving in Kerrville outpaced the state averages.
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, there were 478 Kerrville car accidents in 2019.
Over the past five years, Kerrville has experienced the following number of crashes each year:
These crashes have resulted in thousands of injuries. It’s important if you’ve been injured through someone else’s negligence that you contact a Kerrville car accident lawyer as soon as possible. An injury lawyer from our firm can help you determine your legal options.
What Types of Cases Does a Kerrville Car Accident Lawyer Handle?
Auto crash lawyers in our Kerrville office often see injuries from the following types of driver negligence:
- Drug or alcohol use
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Inattention to traffic signs and signals
We’ve been representing car accident victims for over 40 years. Our team of highly-skilled car accident attorneys is able to handle a variety of auto collision cases. Our injury attorneys can help you if you’ve been involved in one of the following accidents:
What Should I do After a Kerrville Car Crash?
After seeking medical treatment, knowing how to preserve your rights and evidence after a crash can help in your recovery. The following tips are what a Kerrville car accident attorney recommends in the aftermath of a crash:
- Stay put. Your first reaction may be to leave and get help or go somewhere safe. Leaving the scene of a car accident, especially if there is an injury or death, can bring about serious criminal charges.
- Assess the damage. Ensuring your own safety as well as those of yourself around you after a car crash is vital in preventing more injuries. Make sure you, and those affected by the accident, stay out of harm’s way of other vehicles that may still be in the vicinity. This will prevent additional collisions.
- Contact the authorities. By calling 9-1-1, you are making sure you get the medical care you need, as soon as possible.
- Watch what you say (and sign). Never apologize or sign anything taking responsibility for a wreck until you have consulted an experienced auto accident lawyer first.
- Gather information. It’s important to gather information from other parties involved in a car collision. Make sure to note the names, contact information and driver’s license number of other drivers, passengers, and even witnesses.
- Collect evidence. Pictures of your car and the scene of the crash can be an important resource later to prove damages. Make sure you take pictures of the entire scene, including street signs and roadways.
- Get help from a Car Accident Lawyer. Reach out to a car accident lawyer who specialized in this type of matter. An experienced car crash lawyer from The Carlson Law Firm will put your health first. Additionally, we will handle negotiations or file an auto injury lawsuit for you.
Our skilled legal team wants you to focus on what matters most: your recovery.
What is The Carlson Difference?
Car accidents can have lasting effects on your ability to live a happy and fulfilled life. The lawyer you want on your side will understand your losses and help start you on the road to recovery. A Kerrville car accident attorney from The Carlson Law Firm is ready to help.
What Common Car Accident Injuries Can I Recover Money For?
Auto accidents in the Texas Hill Country can cause injury to almost every part of the body. However, the severity of your injuries depends on the type of crash; as well as the severity of the impact. Common car accident injuries include the following:
- Head: Eye injuries, partial vision loss, concussion, facial or jaw fractures and dental injuries
- Neck and Back: Whiplash, strained muscles, and disk injuries
- Abdominal: Injuries to abdominal organs including the liver, spleen, and kidneys
- Broken Bones: Tibia/fibula, femur, rib, hip, pelvis, facial and back fractures are most commonly caused by high-impact crashes.
- Leg and Knee: Bruises, fractures, and meniscus tears
- Feet: Ankles, feet, and toes can be strained, sprained or broken
- Catastrophic Injuries: Auto accidents are the leading cause of catastrophic personal injuries. These injuries typically have a life-long effect.
Because there are so many different types of car accident injuries that you can suffer a result of a car crash, it is important you seek an examination from a medical professional as soon as possible. A doctor will be able to diagnose the type and extent of any injuries or confirm that no injuries occurred. Even if you do not believe that you suffered an injury, it is still a good practice to visit a doctor or other qualified medical professional.
How can a Kerrville Car Accident Attorney Help Me Prove the Other Driver’s Negligence?
When you suffer car crash injuries, a Kerrville car accident attorney must establish that the person who caused the wreck was negligent in order for you to collect compensation for your injuries. By definition, negligence is the failure to use ordinary care. In other words, when a person or business fails to do what a person of ordinary prudence would have done under the same or similar circumstances they are negligent.
How to Determine Negligence After a Car Accident
In order to win a negligence case, the injured party has to prove four points to show that a person at fault acted negligently:
- Duty: The defendant owed a legal duty to the plaintiff under the circumstances
- Breach: The defendant breached that legal duty by acting or failing to act in a certain way
- Causation: It was the defendant’s actions (or inaction) that actually caused the plaintiff’s injury
- Damages: The defendant’s actions harmed or injured the plaintiff
An accomplished PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER from The Carlson Law Firm can help you to determine the above elements.
How a Car Accident Lawyer at The Carlson Law Firm Can Help You
At The Carlson Law Firm, our clients come first. From the very first moment you contact us, we will show you why we are the right choice. A car accident lawyer understands the toll that a motor vehicle crash takes on you. We understand the new challenges you will face after a car wreck. A car wreck attorney from The Carlson Law firm is here to help you. We can get you just compensation for your injuries or loss of a loved one with an Auto Accident Lawsuit. The Carlson Law Firm has more than 40 years of experience in personal injury law. Additionally, our accomplished Texas personal injury lawyers have successfully represented thousands of complex personal injury claims.
We also help our clients pursue wrongful death claims against at-fault drivers in order to get justice for their loved ones and provide future security for their families. With 13 locations statewide, The Carlson Law Firm has a car accident attorney ready to handle your case.
We have a legal team that can provide you the answers you need if you’re wondering if an auto accident lawsuit is the right choice for you. Our legal team has a wide range of skills for your benefit. We have a 40-year proven history of success in recovering compensation for car crash victims. A car accident lawyer will fight for the maximum amount of compensation available. Moreover, our team will work tirelessly to achieve a resolution that can allow you to fully recover from your injuries. Contact a Texas car accident lawyer from our firm at your earliest convenience.
Contact a Kerrville Car Accident Lawyer
When you are injured in a car crash, contact an attorney with the experience and know-how to represent you. Our Kerrville Car Accident Lawyers can be reached at 830-353-6688, or fill out a car accident contact form.
The Carlson Law Firm in Kerrville is located at 301 Junction Highway, Suite 100, Kerrville, Texas 78028. Schedule a free consultation with a car accident lawyer in Kerrville near you.
There’s a Carlson Law Firm Near You
With over a dozen locations throughout Texas, there’s a Carlson Law Firm near you. We have law offices located in Killeen, Temple, Waco, Round Rock, Austin, San Antonio, Kerrville, Laredo, Bryan, Lubbock, Midland, and Corpus Christi.