Car Accident Lawyers in Laredo, Texas
Laredo is one of the fastest-growing cities in Texas with an estimated population of 262,491 as of July 2019. This is a city full of culture that is home to the largest inland port on the Mexican border. With a population this size, Laredo has some of the busiest roads in Texas, making car accidents a frequent occurrence. For example, Mines Road, IH-35, Cuatro Vientos and Loop 20 are dirt roads that, according to police, fatal car accidents generally occur. A Laredo car accident lawyer from The Carlson Law Firm understands that injuries resulting from a car accident can have life-altering effects on victims and their families.
If you are involved in a car accident in Laredo, you have legal options. For more than 40 years, The Carlson Law Firm has been protecting your rights. We will fight tirelessly to get you the compensation you deserve. Our firm will help you through your recovery process. Contact us today for a free no-obligation consultation.
The Carlson Difference
Knowing the right lawyer to call after a crash can make a difference in how you recover from your injuries. At The Carlson Law Firm, we provide qualified legal representation for clients with personal injuries. A qualified Laredo auto accident attorney will do the following:
- Handle your case with no upfront costs to you.
- Communicate with the other driver’s insurance.
- Gather evidence proving the at-fault party’s negligence.
- Work with your doctors to ensure they provide the necessary medical information to prove damages.
- Help you recover medical expenses.
- Negotiate fair settlements.
- Handle lien holds.
Our car crash attorneys are also trial attorneys. This is what sets legal representation with The Carlson Law Firm apart. We are unafraid to take your case to court when the insurance company offers an unfair settlement. Further, our Laredo Car Accident Lawyers can help identify all guilty parties in the event that you have were involved in a company vehicle crash. Day or night, call us today at 956-712-2588, we’re available 24/7.
Where do Car Accidents Happen the Most in Laredo?
According to local news reports, Laredo’s car crash fatalities decreased by 60% from 2018 to 2019. Even with the significant decline in fatal crashes in the city limits, Laredo police say fatal car accidents occur most often on the following roads:
- Mines Road
- Cuatro Vientos
- Loop 20
Car crashes can occur for a number of reasons. In addition to defective auto parts, car crashes are often the result of driver negligence. The most common issues the Laredo police department continues to see include the following:
- Drunk driving
- Texting and driving
- Not wearing seatbelts
Our team of injury attorneys has been representing car accident victims for more than 40 years. We have a team of highly-skilled car crash lawyers that handle a variety of car accidents in Laredo.
Types of Car Accidents our Laredo Lawyers Handle
The most common cause of car wrecks in Laredo is driver negligence. Our Laredo Car Accident Lawyers often see injuries from the following types of driver negligence:
- Drug use
- Failure to yield the ride of way
- Inattention to traffic signs and signals
We’ve been representing car accident victims for over 40 years. Our team of highly-skilled car accident attorneys is able to handle a variety of auto collision cases. Call us today to see how an auto accident attorney can help you. We represent clients involved in some of the most severe and difficult cases. Our team can if you’ve been involved in one of the following accidents:
What You do After a Laredo Car Crash May Help or Damage Your Claim
A car accident will probably be a terrifying experience and you will have your mind going in a million different directions. However, to protect your rights, it is important to try and remember to do the following if you ever find yourself in that situation.
- Stay on the scene: Your first reaction may be to leave and get help or go somewhere safe. Leaving the scene of a car accident, especially if there is an injury or death, can bring about serious criminal charges.
- Assess the damage: The safety of yourself and those around you after a car crash is vital. Make sure you, and those affected by the accident, stay out of harm’s way of other vehicles that may still be in the vicinity. This will prevent additional collisions.
- Contact the authorities: By calling 9-1-1, you are making sure you get the medical care you need, as soon as possible.
- Be careful what you say (and sign): Never apologize or sign anything that takes responsibility for an accident until you have first consulted an experienced car accident attorney.
- Collect information: It is important to collect information from other parties involved in an auto collision. Be sure to write down the names, contact information, and driver’s license number of other drivers, passengers, and even witnesses.
- Gather evidence: Images of your car and the accident scene may be an important resource later on to prove the damage. Be sure to take pictures of the entire scene, including road signs and roads
Get help from a Laredo car accident attorney – Contact a car accident attorney specializing in these types of matters. An experienced Laredo car accident attorney from The Carlson Law Firm will put your health first. Plus, we’ll handle your car accident lawsuit for you, so you can focus on what really matters: your recovery.
How can a Laredo Car Accident Lawyer Help Me Prove Negligence?
When you suffer car crash injuries, a Laredo car accident attorney must establish that the person who caused the wreck was negligent in order for you to collect compensation for your injuries. By definition, negligence is the failure to use ordinary care. In other words, when a person or business fails to do what a person of ordinary prudence would have done under the same or similar circumstances they are negligent.
How to determine negligence after a car accident
In order to win a negligence case, the injured party has to prove four points to show that a person at fault acted negligently:
- Duty: The defendant owed a legal duty to the plaintiff under the circumstances
- Breach: The defendant breached that legal duty by acting or failing to act in a certain way
- Causation: It was the defendant’s actions (or inaction) that actually caused the plaintiff’s injury
- Damages: The defendant’s actions harmed or injured the plaintiff
Contact a Laredo Car Accident Lawyer
When you are injured in a car crash, contact an attorney with the experience and know-how to represent you. Our Laredo Car Accident Lawyers can be reached at 956-712-2588, or fill out a car crash contact form.
The Carlson Law Firm in Laredo is located at 5112 McPherson Rd Suite 106, Laredo, TX 78041.
Schedule a free consultation with a car accident lawyer in Laredo near you.
With Carlson, You Are Never Alone
When you’re injured in a car crash, you should speak with a car accident lawyer who puts their clients first. From the moment you contact The Carlson Law Firm, our team will show you why you made the right decision. Our injury lawyers understand that navigating the financial and physical consequences of an unexpected injury can be challenging. Our compassionate team is here to help you seek fair compensation for your injuries or the loss of a loved one. We have represented injury victims across Texas for nearly 45 years.
Our legal team can provide you with the answers you need. We can help you determine if a car accident lawsuit is the best option for you. Our legal team has a wide range of skills that can be used to your advantage. We have a proven track record of success in auto accident cases. A Laredo car accident attorney from The Carlson Law Firm will work tirelessly to achieve a resolution that will allow you to recover physically and financially. We care, we can help.