Car Accident Lawyers in Lubbock, Texas
The Lubbock car accident attorney that you want on your side will understand that your recovery should be your priority after a car wreck. Car crashes are life-changing for everyone involved. However, they can particularly alter the lives of the victims of negligence and their families. In fact, fatal car crashes in Lubbock doubled in 2019—making it the deadliest car crash year this century in Lubbock. If you or a loved one suffered an injury, contact a qualified Lubbock car accident attorney from The Carlson Law Firm.
For more than 40 years, The Carlson Law Firm has helped clients of personal injuries hold negligent parties accountable. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with a qualified Lubbock personal injury attorney.
The Carlson Difference in Your Car Accident
Knowing the right lawyer to choose can make all the difference in your case. Car accidents are extremely complex legal matters that require more than negotiation. When you choose to work with our Lubbock injury lawyers, you are choosing a national law firm that is consistently recognized for our skilled legal representation for personal injury clients. When you’re injured after a crash, your primary focus should be your recovery. Instead of dealing with callous insurance agents, hire a qualified car crash attorney to advocate on your behalf. A Lubbock car crash attorney will:
- Handle your case with no upfront costs to you.
- Communicate with the other driver’s insurance.
- Gather evidence proving the at-fault party’s negligence.
- Work with your doctors to ensure they provide the necessary medical documents to prove damages.
- Help you recover medical expenses.
- Negotiate fair settlements.
- Handle lien holds.
What sets us apart from other law firms is our car accident attorneys are also trial lawyers. Our personal injury attorneys are unafraid to take your case to court should the insurance company devalue or deny your claim. Our Lubbock clients can count on us to advocate for them every step of the way. Contact us today for a free case evaluation.
What Are the Common Causes of Car Crashes in Lubbock, TX?
Statewide, Texas has some of the highest speed limits in the nation. This can be a bad mix for the open roads of West Texas. As auto crashes in the Lubbock area continue to rise, it’s increasingly important that drivers use their best defensive driving skills.
Top causes for Lubbock car crashes include the following:
- Distracted driving
- Impaired driving
A driver engaging in any of the above is behaving recklessly and negligently. They should be held accountable for any injuries they cause others on the roadways.
Icy Roads Driving
While many people think of Lubbock as a hot desert town, during the fall and winter months it is susceptible to wintry road conditions, such as ice and snow. On October 26, 2020, the city shut down several roads because there were more than 70 weather-related car accidents between 4 a.m. and 7 a.m.
Street Racing: A Growing Concern in Lubbock
In 2019, the Lubbock Police Department responded to 171 calls regarding drag racing. As of March 9, 2020, LPD had responded to 48 calls for service in regards to street racing. In a press conference held in early March, LPD addressed street racing within city limits. Police officials discussed the recent uptick in vehicle racing cases and introduced a plan to combat the issue.
If you were involved in a street racing crash in Lubbock, contact a qualified car crash attorney. These incidents are not just criminal acts, they are also civil violations by breaching duties owed to other motorists on the roadways.
Seven Tips to Follow After a Lubbock Car Accident
Car crashes are unexpected. But above all, a car crash is scary. When emotions are running high, it is human nature to be unable to think clearly. If you’re involved in a crash, the following steps will help protect your rights:
- Stay put: Your first reaction may be to leave and get help or go somewhere safe. Leaving the scene of a car accident, especially if there is an injury or death, can bring about serious criminal charges.
- Assess the damage: The safety of yourself and those around you after a car crash is vital. Make sure you, and those affected by the accident, stay out of harm’s way of other vehicles that may still be in the vicinity. This will prevent additional collisions.
- Contact the authorities: By calling 9-1-1, you are making sure you get the medical care you need, as soon as possible.
- Watch what you say (and sign): Never apologize or sign anything taking responsibility for a wreck until you have consulted an experienced auto accident lawyer first.
- Gather information: It’s important to gather the information from other parties involved in a car collision. Make sure to note the names, contact information and driver’s license number of other drivers, passengers, and even witnesses.
- Collect evidence: Pictures of your car and the scene of the crash can be an important resource later to prove damages. Make sure you take pictures of the entire scene, including street signs and roadways.
- Get help from a Car Accident Lawyer: Reach out to a car accident lawyer who specialized in this type of matter. An experienced car crash lawyer from The Carlson Law Firm will put your health first. Additionally, we will handle your auto accident lawsuit for you, so that you can focus on what really matters: your recovery.
Common car accident Injuries
The type of car crash and its severity often determines the kind of injuries a person will suffer. Regardless, auto collisions may harm nearly every part of the body. Common injuries our personal injury attorneys see in Lubbock are as follows:
- Head: Eye injuries, partial vision loss, concussion, facial or jaw fractures and dental injuries
- Neck and Back: Whiplash, strained muscles, and disk injuries
- Abdominal: Injuries to abdominal organs including the liver, spleen, and kidneys
- Broken Bones: Tibia/fibula, femur, rib, hip, pelvis, facial and back fractures are most commonly caused by high-impact crashes.
- Leg and Knee: Bruises, fractures, and meniscus tears
- Feet: Ankles, feet, and toes can be strained, sprained or broken
- Catastrophic Injuries: Auto accidents are the leading cause of catastrophic personal injuries. These injuries typically have a life-long effect.
Car crash injuries are endless. For this reason, even if you don’t think you are hurt, it is important that victims of crashes seek medical attention immediately. The more serious a car wreck, the more medical treatment you will likely need. If this is your new reality, contact a Lubbock car wreck attorney from The Carlson Law Firm. We will speak to the insurance company and negotiate on your behalf while you focus on your recovery.
How does a Lubbock Car Accident Attorney Prove Negligence?
Many people believe they can handle the aftermath of a car accident without the help of an attorney. However, many complications can arise when navigating the American legal system. By hiring a Carlson Law Firm Lubbock Car Accident Lawyer, we can help you prove negligence in your personal injury case.
How to determine negligence after a car accident
In order to win a negligence case, the injured party has to prove four points to show that a person at fault acted negligently:
- Duty: The defendant owed a legal duty to the plaintiff under the circumstances
- Breach: The defendant breached that legal duty by acting or failing to act in a certain way
- Causation: It was the defendant’s actions (or inaction) that actually caused the plaintiff’s injury
- Damages: The defendant’s actions harmed or injured the plaintiff
An accomplished Personal Injury Lawyer from The Carlson Law Firm can help you to determine the above elements
How a car accident lawyer at The Carlson Law Firm Can Help You
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, there were 7,231 car crashes in Lubbock in 2019. Fortunately, most of these crashes are minor and only involve property damage. Still, one in three accidents involves bodily injury to the driver or passengers. Further, of those with bodily injuries, one in five accidents leads to fatal injuries. If you required medical attention, seeking the help of a qualified personal injury attorney will ensure that your bills are covered.
If you have recently suffered injuries or loss because of another person, a Lubbock car accident attorney can help. For more than 40 years, The Carlson Law Firm has represented victims of car crashes, motorcycle wrecks, and commercial vehicle crashes. We have recovered millions of dollars on behalf of victims. Let our skilled attorneys help you in your recovery process.
Lubbock and West Texas residents suffering from car crash injuries can depend on Carlson. The insurance industry has influenced a court system that favors their business. However, with a qualified Lubbock car crash lawyer from The Carlson Law Firm, you will ensure that you are getting a fair fight. Our firm has the in-house resources to handle your claim with the attention it deserves.
Contact a Lubbock Car Accident Attorney Near You!
The Carlson Law Firm is ready to take your call. If you’ve been injured in an auto crash, call a Lubbock car accident lawyer at 806-401-0500 to learn more about how we can help.
Find a car accident lawyer near you at 2424 50th St. Suite 304 Lubbock, TX 79412.
We Care About the Lubbock Community!
The Carlson Law Firm in Lubbock is heavily involved in giving back to our community. We host several community-focused events through a charitable organization Carlson Cares. Keep an eye out on social media to find out about our next Lubbock Party With a Purpose!