Car Accident Lawyers in Midland, Texas
Experiencing a car accident in Midland, Texas can lead to a range in the severity of injuries a victim may experience. With a population of 135,134 people and situated in the Permian Basin, the Midland-Odessa area experiences some of the deadliest car crashes in the country. If another driver is responsible for your injury, call a Midland car accident lawyer with experience, knowledge and compassion.
In addition to Midland, our car accident lawyers serve the surrounding areas of Odessa, Stanton, Andrews, Big Spring, Seminole, Lamesa, Kermit, Monahans, and beyond. We offer free case evaluations and are available 24/7.
The Carlson Difference
The Carlson Law Firm’s Midland office is run by Midland-native J. Russell Shrauner. Russell receives glowing reviews for his tireless advocacy for those injured in Permian Basin. When you choose The Carlson Law Firm to represent you, you are choosing a qualified car accident attorney in Midland who will:
- Handle your case with no upfront costs to you.
- Communicate with the other driver’s insurance.
- Gather evidence proving the at-fault party’s negligence.
- Work with your doctors to ensure they provide the necessary medical information to prove damages.
- Help you recover medical expenses.
- Negotiate fair settlements.
- File a lawsuit on your behalf if the insurance company fails to agree to a fair settlement.
- Handle lien holds.
Our car crash attorneys are also trial attorneys. This is what sets The Carlson Law Firm apart from other law firms in the area. We are unafraid to take your case to court if the insurance company is offering an unfair settlement. Contact us today for a free legal consultation.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Midland, Texas
The biggest employer in Midland is the gas and oil industry. As a result, a significant number of crashes can be attributed to large company vehicles carrying heavy or toxic chemicals. Currently, Midland is the 23rd most populous city in Texas with 136,872 residents. However, a study by the Texas Demographic Center shows that Midland could be in for a population boom and hit well over half a million residents by 2050. With the growth in industry and population, traffic accidents in Midland should be expected to increase.
Our Midland injury attorneys often see clients who were injured when other drivers:
- Used drugs or alcohol before driving.
- Failed to drive the speed limit.
- Failure to yield the right of way.
- Tailgating or driving too closely.
- Inattention to traffic signs and signals.
Our lawyers have been representing clients in West Texas for more than 40 years. Our team of highly skilled car accident lawyers can help you if you’ve been hurt in one of the following crashes:
What Should I do after Midland Car Crash?
Our Midland car accident lawyers recommend you do the following after a crash:
- Stay put: Your first reaction may be to leave and get help or go somewhere safe. Leaving the scene of a car accident, especially if there is an injury or death, can bring about serious criminal charges.
- Assess the damage: The safety of yourself and those around you after a car crash is vital. Make sure you, and those affected by the accident, stay out of harm’s way of other vehicles that may still be in the vicinity. This will prevent additional collisions.
- Contact the authorities: By calling 9-1-1, you are making sure you get the medical care you need, as soon as possible.
- Watch what you say (and sign): Never apologize or sign anything taking responsibility for a wreck until you have consulted an experienced auto accident lawyer first.
- Gather information: It’s important to gather information from other parties involved in a car collision. Make sure to note the names, contact information and driver’s license number of other drivers, passengers, and even witnesses.
- Collect evidence: Pictures of your car and the scene of the crash can be an important resource later to prove damages. Make sure you take pictures of the entire scene, including street signs and roadways.
- Get help from a Car Accident Lawyer: Reach out to an injury attorney with significant experience handling these types of matters. Our team will handle all communications with the insurance company for you so that you can focus on what really matters: your recovery.
Let Us Show You The Carlson Difference
In addition to medical bills, economic losses, and a decline in the quality of your life, car crashes are serious legal matters. You need a lawyer who understands every aspect of how your injuries can and will change your life. A Midland car accident lawyer will listen to your needs and work tirelessly to ensure you get the payment you are owed.
How can a Midland Car Accident Attorney Help Me Prove the Other Driver's Negligence?
When you suffer car crash injuries, a Midland car accident attorney must establish that the person who caused the wreck was negligent in order for you to collect compensation for your injuries. By definition, negligence is the failure to use ordinary care. In other words, when a person or business fails to do what a person of ordinary prudence would have done under the same or similar circumstances they are negligent.
How to determine negligence after a car accident
In order to win a negligence case, the injured party has to prove four points to show that a person at fault acted negligently:
- Duty: The defendant owed a legal duty to the plaintiff under the circumstances
- Breach: The defendant breached that legal duty by acting or failing to act in a certain way
- Causation: It was the defendant’s actions (or inaction) that actually caused the plaintiff’s injury
- Damages: The defendant’s actions harmed or injured the plaintiff
An accomplished injury lawyer from The Carlson Law Firm can help you determine the above elements.
Contact a Midland Car Accident Lawyer
If you were injured in a Permian Basin car or truck accident, call a Midland car accident lawyer at 432-247-6611 or fill out a contact form. We are available 24/7 and offer free consultations.
The Carlson Law Firm’s Midland office is located at 900 Loop 250 Frontage Rd b, Midland, TX 79705.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does a lawyer charge after a car accident?
The cost of hiring a lawyer to represent you against the insurance company often plays a role in your decision in retaining counsel. However, our Midland car accident lawyers will never make you pay anything up front. Speaking with our lawyers is free of charge and we only get paid if we successfully resolve your case.
How much money can I get for pain and suffering after a car accident?
Every car accident is different and the injuries you suffer are unique. Generally speaking, the more severe the injuries sustained, the higher the likelihood of a larger pain and suffering award. There are several other factors that can influence how much you can be compensated for your injuries. A car accident lawyer from our firm can help determine an accurate estimate for your compensation.
What is the average settlement for a car accident?
There are several factors that can influence the average payout for a car accident. Settlements generally vary based on the extent of your injuries; past present and future medical bills; insurance policy limits; and many other damages. Contact a Midland lawyer for help in determining what you can expect.
Will I need to go to court if I hire a lawyer for a car accident?
Whether or not you go to court for a car accident claim depends on the cooperation of the insurance company. Our attorneys do our best to keep our clients from reliving the worst moments of their lives in a trial, however, when the insurance company or trucking company is not being fair or considerate of your injuries, we are trial attorneys who can advocate for you every step of the way. Call The Carlson Law Firm at 432-247-6611.
How can I meet with a lawyer?
The first step to meeting with a lawyer is calling us at 432-247-6611 or by filling out an online contact form. Our offices have reopened for in-person consultations. We also have the technical capabilities to consult with you over the phone or video conference.