Car Accident Lawyer in Killeen, Texas
Were you injured in a car accident in Killeen, Texas? Fill out the contact form or call 254-526-5688 to schedule your free case evaluation with a Killeen car accident lawyer.
Our personal injury attorneys can help you hold another driver accountable for their failure to adhere to speed limits, obey signs, driving under the influence or other forms of negligence. The Carlson Law Firm has convenient options to schedule your free case evaluation. Our Killeen car accident attorneys are available 24/7 to answer all of your questions.
Killeen, Texas is a growing town situated next door to one of the world’s largest military bases, Fort Hood. The city is currently experiencing a population boom and is the driver of the local economies for cities like Harker Heights, Copperas Cove, and Nolanville. Between a growing population and serving several local cities, car crashes are becoming more common in the area.
How a Killeen Car Accident Lawyer Can Help
The Carlson Law Firm has been voted Best Law Firm in Central Texas by Killeen Daily Herald readers because we provide skilled and experienced legal representation for injury clients. A qualified car accident attorney in Killeen will:
- Handle your case with no upfront costs to you.
- Communicate with the other driver’s insurance.
- Gather evidence proving the at-fault party’s negligence.
- Work with your doctors to ensure they provide the necessary medical information to prove damages.
- Help you recover medical expenses.
- Negotiate fair settlements.
- Handle lien holds.
Our car crash attorneys are also trial attorneys. This is what sets The Carlson Law Firm apart from other law firms in the area. We are unafraid to take your case to court if the insurance company is offering an unfair settlement. Contact us today for a free legal consultation.
Who Can I Hold Accountable After a Car Crash in Killeen, Texas?
There are several parties who can be held accountable for the injuries you sustained from another driver’s negligence. For this reason, it is incredibly important that you hire a qualified Killeen Car Accident Lawyer to investigate your case and identify all responsible parties. This is not something you can do on your own. Our firm has in-house private investigators who are prepared to gather all necessary information. In addition to the driver of another passenger vehicle, our team of legal professionals may find the following parties contributed to the circumstances around your crash:
- Government agencies
- Employers of negligent parties
- Trucking companies
- Bus drivers
- Company vehicles
- Delivery drivers
- Uber drivers
The Carlson Law Firm has a reputation for handling complex motor vehicle crash cases—even among other law firms. We have successfully handled car accident cases involving the U.S. Military at Fort Hood, Texas, the City of Killeen and local police departments. You may not know if your case calls the experience of a trial lawyer, but no matter what your case calls for, The Carlson Law Firm has a team of more than 40 attorneys ready to offer compassionate legal assistance.
What types of cases does a Killeen Car Accident Attorney Handle?
Killeen currently has a population of 150,000. However, experts say that the Killeen population is projected to balloon to 180,000 by 2030—bringing more drivers and traffic to the city. The common causes of car wrecks in Killeen are from driver negligence. Auto crash lawyers in our Killeen office often see injuries from the following types of driver negligence:
- Drug use
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Inattention to traffic signs and signals
We’ve been representing car accident victims from our Killeen office for over 40 years. Our team of highly-skilled car accident attorneys is able to handle a variety of auto collision cases. Our injury attorneys can help you if you’ve been involved in one of the following accidents:
What should I do after a Killeen Car Crash?
In 2016, nearly 63% of the traffic crashes that occurred in Killeen resulted in some sort of injury. It is important that you know what to do in the unfortunate event you are involved in a car crash. The following tips are what a Killeen car accident attorney recommends in the aftermath of a crash:
- Stay put: Your first reaction may be to leave and get help or go somewhere safe. Leaving the scene of a car accident, especially if there is an injury or death, can bring about serious criminal charges.
- Assess the damage: The safety of yourself and those around you after a car crash is vital. Make sure you, and those affected by the accident, stay out of harm’s way of other vehicles that may still be in the vicinity. This will prevent additional collisions.
- Contact the authorities: By calling 9-1-1, you are making sure you get the medical care you need, as soon as possible.
- Watch what you say (and sign): Never apologize or sign anything taking responsibility for a wreck until you have consulted an experienced auto accident lawyer first.
- Gather information: It’s important to gather the information from other parties involved in a car collision. Make sure to note the names, contact information and driver’s license number of other drivers, passengers, and even witnesses.
- Collect evidence: Pictures of your car and the scene of the crash can be an important resource later to prove damages. Make sure you take pictures of the entire scene, including street signs and roadways.
- Get help from a Car Accident Lawyer: Reach out to a car accident lawyer who specialized in this type of matter. An experienced car crash lawyer from The Carlson Law Firm will put your health first. Additionally, we will handle your auto accident lawsuit for you, so that you can focus on what really matters: your recovery.
What is The Carlson Difference?
Car accidents can have lasting effects on your ability to live a happy and fulfilled life. The lawyer you want on your side will understand your losses and help start you on the road to recovery. A Killeen car accident attorney from The Carlson Law Firm is ready to help.
What common car accident Injuries can I recover money for?
Auto accidents in Killeen can cause injury to almost every part of the body. However, the severity of your injuries depends on the type of crash; as well as the severity of the impact. Common car accident injuries include the following:
- Head: Eye injuries, partial vision loss, concussion, facial or jaw fractures and dental injuries
- Neck and Back: Whiplash, strained muscles, and disk injuries
- Abdominal: Injuries to abdominal organs including the liver, spleen, and kidneys
- Broken Bones: Tibia/fibula, femur, rib, hip, pelvis, facial and back fractures are most commonly caused by high-impact crashes.
- Leg and Knee: Bruises, fractures, and meniscus tears
- Feet: Ankles, feet, and toes can be strained, sprained or broken
- Catastrophic Injuries: Auto accidents are the leading cause of catastrophic personal injuries. These injuries typically have a life-long effect.
Because there are so many different types of car accident injuries that you can suffer a result of a car crash, it is important you seek an examination from a medical professional as soon as possible. A doctor will be able to diagnose the type and extent of any injuries or confirm that no injuries occurred. Even if you do not believe that you suffered an injury, it is still a good practice to visit a doctor or other qualified medical professional.
How can a Killeen Car Accident Attorney Help Me Prove the Other Driver's Negligence?
When you suffer car crash injuries, a Killeen car accident attorney must establish that the person who caused the wreck was negligent in order for you to collect compensation for your injuries. By definition, negligence is the failure to use ordinary care. In other words, when a person or business fails to do what a person of ordinary prudence would have done under the same or similar circumstances they are negligent.
How to determine negligence after a car accident
In order to win a negligence case, the injured party has to prove four points to show that a person at fault acted negligently:
- Duty: The defendant owed a legal duty to the plaintiff under the circumstances
- Breach: The defendant breached that legal duty by acting or failing to act in a certain way
- Causation: It was the defendant’s actions (or inaction) that actually caused the plaintiff’s injury
- Damages: The defendant’s actions harmed or injured the plaintiff
What Kind Damages are Available After a Killeen Car Crash?
Injuries from a car crash are more than physical. When you’ve been hurt in a Killeen car accident your mental health can be seriously affected. For this reason, the law generally allows for you to collect several types of damages when you’ve suffered harm and losses. A Killeen car accident attorney from The Carlson Law Firm will be able to help you determine the type of compensation you may be eligible to receive for your injuries. Generally speaking, you may be able to receive the following types of compensation:
- Medical bills (past, present and future)
- Lost wages
- Lost income
- Diminished earning capacity
- Emotional distress
- Mental anguish
- Loss of quality of life
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Physical therapy
- Property damage
- Home modifications
- At-home medical equipment, such as hospital beds, wheelchairs, stairlifts, etc.
- Disfigurement (traumatic amputations, burns and scarring)
- Funeral expenses
- Wrongful death
The Carlson Law Firm’s personal injury attorneys work tirelessly on behalf of our clients. Our injury lawyers will look over every detail in your case to determine available compensation. Once we’ve done this, we will provide compassionate legal counsel to help you determine your next legal step.
An accomplished Personal Injury Lawyer from The Carlson Law Firm can help you to determine the above elements
Contact a Killeen Car Accident Lawyer
When you are injured in a car crash, contact an attorney with the experience and know-how to represent you. Our Killeen Car Accident Lawyers can be reached at 254-526-5688, or fill out a car accident contact form.
The Carlson Law Firm in Killeen is located at 100 E. Central Texas Expy Killeen, TX 76541.
Schedule a free consultation with a car accident lawyer in Killeen near you.
How a car accident lawyer at The Carlson Law Firm Can Help You
At The Carlson Law Firm, our clients come first. From the very first moment you contact us, we will show you why we are the right choice. A car accident lawyer understands the toll that a motor vehicle crash takes on you. We understand the new challenges you will face after a car wreck. A car wreck attorney from The Carlson Law firm is here to help you. We can get you just compensation for your injuries or loss of a loved one with an Auto Accident Lawsuit. The Carlson Law Firm has more than 40 years of experience in personal injury law. Additionally, our accomplished Texas personal injury lawyers have successfully represented thousands of complex personal injury claims.
We also help our clients pursue wrongful death claims against at-fault drivers in order to get justice for their loved ones and provide future security for their families. With 13 locations statewide, The Carlson Law Firm has a car accident attorney ready to handle your case.
We have a legal team that can provide you the answers you need if you’re wondering if an auto accident lawsuit is the right choice for you. Our legal team has a wide range of skills for your benefit. We have a 40 year proven history of success in recovering compensation for car crash victims. A car accident lawyer will fight for the maximum amount of compensation available. Moreover, our team will work tirelessly to achieve a resolution that can allow you to fully recover from your injuries. Contact a Texas car accident lawyer from our firm at your earliest convenience.
We support our Killeen neighbors!
The Carlson Law Firm has been named “Business of the Year” by the Killeen Chamber of Commerce. Our firm continues to support our community through our charitable organization Carlson Cares. We actively build community relationships through the following:
- Supporting Families in Crisis
- Donating to Communities in Schools
- Our annual Veteran’s Day Food Truck Rally
- Hosting car seat checks
- Volunteering with local non-profit organizations
For more than 40 years, The Carlson Law Firm has represented Killeen’s personal injury victims. When you hire an attorney, it is important that you hire an attorney who is familiar with your community. Our firm first opened its doors in Killeen in 1976. Since then, we have helped thousands of Bell County residents recover millions of dollars in the aftermath of car collisions. A skilled Killeen car accident attorney at The Carlson Law Firm can help you prove the other driver is at fault. Our team of attorneys, nurses, and investigators will take a detailed look at your case. We will help you every step of the way through the physical and financial recovery process.
At The Carlson Law Firm, a car accident lawyer from our team will help you to file a claim to recover compensation for:
Killeen Car Accident FAQs
Is it worth getting a lawyer for a Killeen car accident?
Any time you suffer an injury in a crash, you should consult with a Killeen car wreck lawyer. Consulting with an attorney is the best way to receive sound legal advice to get the compensation you deserve.
What is considered a catastrophic injury after a Killeen car accident?
As mentioned above, speeding is one of the leading causes of crashes in Killeen. Often, car crashes at high speeds lead to more severe injuries. Catastrophic injuries are generally considered anything that leaves a victim permanently injured. A qualified Killeen car accident attorney can help if you’ve suffered the following catastrophic injuries:
- Damage to internal organs
- Damage to orthopedic function
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
There are significant lifelong costs associated with catastrophic injuries. With the cost of living rising in Killeen, it’s important you hire a catastrophic injury lawyer in Killeen who can get you the compensation needed to live a life as close to normal as possible.
What sets your Killeen car accident attorneys apart?
While other law firms advertise for your business in Killeen, many of them are not even located within the city’s limits or only have lawyers available to you part-time. The Carlson Law Firm, however, was founded in Killeen in 1976 and has a team of injury legal professionals available to you and your case 24/7. Further, those other firms pride themselves on the number of settlements they achieve, while ignoring the fact that injury cases are becoming much more difficult to get fair settlements on. Securing the amount of compensation you actually deserve may require taking a claim to court. At The Carlson Law Firm, we aren’t just personal injury lawyers, we’re personal injury trial lawyers. This means, we can take your claim to court when the insurance company is being unjust in their settlement negotiations—and they usually are.
When should you get a Killeen lawyer for a car accident?
You should contact a Killeen car wreck attorney the moment you realize you’re injured or a loved one has been seriously injured or killed in a car accident.
Should I get a lawyer for a Killeen car accident that wasn’t my fault?
Yes. When someone harms or injures you, you have the right to hire a lawyer and seek compensation. A Killeen car accident attorney can help you file a claim and help you through your financial recovery.
What is a reasonable settlement for a Killeen car accident?
The specifics of your case are unique and can influence how the insurance company will assess your claim. Further, any information you may find online claiming a range of numbers may not apply to your claim—especially if you try to settle the claim without the help of a lawyer. A qualified Killeen car accident lawyer can evaluate your case and help you secure an amount that is fair to you and your family. Our lawyers can take the guesswork out what you should ask an insurance company for by handling the claim for you. Call a Killeen car accident attorney at 254-526-5688 to discuss your potential claim.
How long do I have to file a lawsuit after a car accident in Killeen?
Generally speaking, Texas allows you two years to file an injury lawsuit. For this reason, speaking with a legal professional as soon as possible after your accident is important.
Further, hiring the Killeen injury team at The Carlson Law Firm immediately after your crash can help preserve the evidence needed to prove your claim. Consultations are free and we are available 24/7.