A good Killeen car accident lawyer knows that a car crash can change your life in a split second. Our personal injury attorneys can help you hold another driver accountable for their failure to adhere to speed limits, obey signs or drive under the influence. Unfortunately, Killeen is seeing an increase in the number of car accidents reported every year. Car accidents can have lasting effects on your ability to live a happy and fulfilled life, but a good attorney will understand your losses and help start you on the road to recovery. A Killeen car accident attorney from The Carlson Law Firm is ready to help.
For more than 40 years, The Carlson Law Firm has represented Killeen’s personal injury victims. When you hire an attorney, it is important that you hire an attorney who is familiar with your community. Our firm first opened its doors in Killeen in 1976. Since then, we have helped thousands of Bell County residents recover millions of dollars in the aftermath of car collisions. A skilled Killeen car accident attorney at The Carlson Law Firm can help you prove the other driver is at fault. Our team of attorneys, nurses, and investigators will take a detailed look at your case. We will help you every step of the way through the physical and financial recovery process.
Why Choose The Carlson Law Firm as Your Killeen Car Accident Attorney?
The Carlson Law Firm has been voted Best Law Firm in Central Texas because we provide skilled legal representation for personal injury clients. A qualified Killeen car accident attorney will:
- Handle your case with no upfront costs to you.
- Communicate with the other driver’s insurance.
- Gather evidence proving the at-fault party’s negligence.
- Work with your doctors to ensure they provide the necessary medical information to prove damages.
- Help you recover medical expenses.
- Negotiate fair settlements.
- Handle lien holds.
Our Killeen car crash attorneys are also trial attorneys. This is what sets The Carlson Law Firm apart from other law firms. We are unafraid to take your case to court if the insurance company is offering an unfair settlement. Contact us today for a free legal consultation.
Types of Cases our Killeen Car Accident Attorneys Handle
We’ve been representing car accident victims for over 40 years. Our team of highly-skilled car accident attorneys is able to handle a variety of auto collision cases. One of our attorneys can help you if you’ve been involved in one of the following accidents:
What to do after a Killeen Car Crash
In 2016, nearly 63% of the traffic crashes that occurred in Killeen resulted in some sort of injury. It is important that you know what to do in the unfortunate event you are involved in a car crash. The following tips are what a Killeen car accident attorney recommends in the aftermath of a crash:
- Stay put: Your first reaction may be to leave and get help or go somewhere safe. Leaving the scene of a car accident, especially if there is an injury or death, can bring about serious criminal charges.
- Assess the damage: The safety of yourself and those around you after a car crash is vital. Make sure you, and those affected by the accident, stay out of harm’s way of other vehicles that may still be in the vicinity. This will prevent additional collisions.
- Contact the authorities: By calling 9-1-1, you are making sure you get the medical care you need, as soon as possible.
- Watch what you say (and sign): Never apologize or sign anything taking responsibility for a wreck until you have consulted an experienced auto accident lawyer first.
- Gather information: It’s important to gather the information from other parties involved in a car collision. Make sure to note the names, contact information and driver’s license number of other drivers, passengers, and even witnesses.
- Collect evidence: Pictures of your car and the scene of the crash can be an important resource later to prove damages. Make sure you take pictures of the entire scene, including street signs and roadways.
- Get help from a Car Accident Lawyer: Reach out to a car accident lawyer who specialized in this type of matter. An experienced car crash lawyer from The Carlson Law Firm will put your health first. Additionally, we will handle your auto accident lawsuit for you, so that you can focus on what really matters: your recovery.
Common car accident Injuries
Auto accidents can cause injury to almost every party of the body. However, the severity of your injuries depends on the type of crash; as well as the severity of the impact. Common car accident injuries includes the following:
- Head: Eye injuries, partial vision loss, concussion, facial or jaw fractures and dental injuries
- Neck and Back: Whiplash, strained muscles, and disk injuries
- Abdominal: Injuries to abdominal organs including the liver, spleen, and kidneys
- Broken Bones: Tibia/fibula, femur, rib, hip, pelvis, facial and back fractures are most commonly caused by high-impact crashes.
- Leg and Knee: Bruises, fractures, and meniscus tears
- Feet: Ankles, feet, and toes can be strained, sprained or broken
- Catastrophic Injuries: Auto accidents are the leading cause of catastrophic personal injuries. These injuries typically have a life-long effect.
Because there are so many different types of car accident injuries that you can suffer a result of a car crash, it is important you seek an examination from a medical professional as soon as possible. A doctor will be able to diagnose the type and extent of any injuries or confirm that no injuries occurred. Even if you do not believe that you suffered an injury, it is still a good practice to visit a doctor or other qualified medical professional.
How does a Killeen Car Accident Attorney Prove Negligence?
When you suffer car crash injuries, a Killeen car accident attorney must establish that the person who caused the wreck was negligent in order for you to collect compensation for your injuries. By definition, negligence is the failure to use ordinary care. In other words, when a person or business fails to do what a person of ordinary prudence would have done under the same or similar circumstances they are negligent.
How to determine negligence after a car accident
In order to win a negligence case, the injured party has to prove four points to show that a person at fault acted negligently:
- Duty: The defendant owed a legal duty to the plaintiff under the circumstances
- Breach: The defendant breached that legal duty by acting or failing to act in a certain way
- Causation: It was the defendant’s actions (or inaction) that actually caused the plaintiff’s injury
- Damages: The defendant’s actions harmed or injured the plaintiff
An accomplished Personal Injury Lawyer from The Carlson Law Firm can help you to determine the above elements
Contact a Killeen Car Accident Lawyer
When you are injured in a car crash, contact an attorney with the experience and know-how to represent you. Our Killeen Car Accident Lawyers can be reached at 254-526-5688, or fill out car crash contact form.
How a car accident lawyer at The Carlson Law Firm Can Help You
At The Carlson Law Firm, our clients come first. From the very first moment you contact us, we will show you why we are the right choice. A car accident lawyer understands the toll that a motor vehicle crash takes on you. We understand the new challenges you will face after a car wreck. A car wreck attorney from The Carlson Law firm is here to help you. We can get you just compensation for your injuries or loss of a loved one with an Auto Accident Lawsuit. The Carlson Law Firm has more than 40 years of experience in personal injury law. Additionally, our accomplished Texas personal injury lawyers have successfully represented thousands of complex personal injury claims.
We also help our clients pursue wrongful death claims against at-fault drivers in order to get justice for their loved ones and provide future security for their families. With 13 locations statewide, The Carlson Law Firm has car accident attorney ready to handle your case.
We have a legal team that can provide you the answers you need if you’re wondering if an auto accident lawsuit is the right choice for you. Our legal team has a wide range of skills for your benefit. We have a 40 year proven history of success in recovering compensation for car crash victims. A car accident lawyer will fight for the maximum amount of compensation available. Moreover, our team will work tirelessly to achieve a resolution that can allow you to fully recover from your injuries. Contact a Texas car accident lawyer from our firm at your earliest convenience.