The San Antonio Car Accident Lawyer you want on your side understands just how quickly an auto collision can change your life. In addition to its mammoth 1.4 million population, San Antonio is one of the top tourist destinations in Texas. On any given day, millions of motorists are traveling on San Antonio highways and roads. The Texas Department of Transportation reported more than 46,000 San Antonio car accidents. Car accidents can lead to very serious personal injuries that can have lifelong effects on your quality of life. You can recover damages from another person’s negligence by hiring an expert San Antonio Car Accident Attorney from The Carlson Law Firm.
The Carlson Law Firm has two convenient locations serving the people of San Antonio. If you were the victim of a negligent motorist, our firm can help. The Carlson Law Firm has 40 years helping Texans hold at-fault parties accountable for their negligence. Our experienced attorneys, nurses and private investigators on staff will guide you through your physical and financial recovery. Contact our team today for a free consultation. We are available to talk 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Why Choose The Carlson Law Firm as Your San Antonio Car Accident Attorney?
The Carlson Law Firm is a national law firm recognized for our skilled legal representation for personal injury clients. A qualified car crash attorney in San Antonio will:
- Handle your case with no upfront costs to you.
- Communicate with the other driver’s insurance.
- Gather evidence proving the at-fault party’s negligence.
- Work with your doctors to ensure they provide the necessary medical information to prove damages.
- Help you recover medical expenses.
- Negotiate fair settlements.
- Handle lien holds.
What sets us apart from other law firms is our car accident attorneys are also trial lawyers. Our personal injury attorneys are unafraid to take your case to court should the insurance company offer an unfair settlement. Our San Antonio clients can count on us to advocate for them every step of the way. Contact us today for a free case evaluation.
The Types of San Antonio Car Crashes We Handle
We’ve been representing car accident victims for over 40 years. Our team of highly-skilled car accident attorneys is able to handle a variety of auto collision cases. One of our attorneys can help you if you’ve been involved in one of the following accidents:
Seven Tips to Follow After a San Antonio Car Accident
On average, 20-50 million people are injured or disabled in traffic accidents in the United States, according to the Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT). Additionally, nearly 1.3 million people die in car accidents every year. Defensive driving is the key to avoiding car crashes. However, we recognize sometimes even your best defensive driving won’t stop others’ negligence. It is important that if you find yourself injured in an auto accident, you’re prepared for what is to come.
If you are involved in a San Antonio car accident, our personal injury attorneys urge you to do the following:
- Stay put: Your first reaction may be to leave and get help or go somewhere safe. Leaving the scene of a car accident, especially if there is an injury or death, can bring about serious criminal charges.
- Assess the damage: The safety of yourself and those around you after a car crash is vital. Make sure you, and those affected by the accident, stay out of harm’s way of other vehicles that may still be in the vicinity. This will prevent additional collisions.
- Contact the authorities: By calling 9-1-1, you are making sure you get the medical care you need, as soon as possible.
- Watch what you say (and sign): Never apologize or sign anything taking responsibility for a wreck until you have consulted an experienced auto accident lawyer first.
- Gather information: It’s important to gather the information from other parties involved in a car collision. Make sure to note the names, contact information and driver’s license number of other drivers, passengers, and even witnesses.
- Collect evidence: Pictures of your car and the scene of the crash can be an important resource later to prove damages. Make sure you take pictures of the entire scene, including street signs and roadways.
- Get help from a Car Accident Lawyer: Reach out to a car accident lawyer who specialized in this type of matter. An experienced car crash lawyer from The Carlson Law Firm will put your health first. Additionally, we will handle your auto accident lawsuit for you, so that you can focus on what really matters: your recovery.
Common car accident Injuries
Auto accidents can cause injury to almost every party of the body. However, the severity of your injuries depends on the type of crash; as well as the severity of the impact. Common car accident injuries includes the following:
- Head: Eye injuries, partial vision loss, concussion, facial or jaw fractures and dental injuries
- Neck and Back: Whiplash, strained muscles, and disk injuries
- Abdominal: Injuries to abdominal organs including the liver, spleen, and kidneys
- Broken Bones: Tibia/fibula, femur, rib, hip, pelvis, facial and back fractures are most commonly caused by high-impact crashes.
- Leg and Knee: Bruises, fractures, and meniscus tears
- Feet: Ankles, feet, and toes can be strained, sprained or broken
- Catastrophic Injuries: Auto accidents are the leading cause of catastrophic personal injuries. These injuries typically have a life-long effect.
Because there are so many different types of car accident injuries that you can suffer a result of a car crash, it is important you seek an examination from a medical professional as soon as possible. A doctor will be able to diagnose the type and extent of any injuries or confirm that no injuries occurred. Even if you do not believe that you suffered an injury, it is still a good practice to visit a doctor or other qualified medical professional.
How does a San Antonio Car Accident Attorney Prove Negligence?
Many people believe they can handle the aftermath of a car accident without the help of an attorney. However, many complications can arise when navigating the American legal system. By hiring a San Antonio Car Accident Lawyer, we can help you prove negligence in your personal injury case.
How to determine negligence after a car accident
In order to win a negligence case, the injured party has to prove four points to show that a person at fault acted negligently:
- Duty: The defendant owed a legal duty to the plaintiff under the circumstances
- Breach: The defendant breached that legal duty by acting or failing to act in a certain way
- Causation: It was the defendant’s actions (or inaction) that actually caused the plaintiff’s injury
- Damages: The defendant’s actions harmed or injured the plaintiff
An accomplished Personal Injury Lawyer from The Carlson Law Firm can help you to determine the above elements
Contact a San Antonio Car Accident Attorney
When you are injured in a car crash, contact an attorney with the experience and know-how to represent you. Our San Antonio Car Accident Lawyers can be reached at 866-831-1486, or fill out car crash contact form.
A San Antonio Car Accident Lawyer Can Help You
At The Carlson Law Firm, our clients come first. From the very first moment you contact us, we will show you why we are the right choice. A car accident lawyer understands the toll that a motor vehicle crash takes on you. We understand the new challenges you will face after a car wreck. A car wreck attorney from The Carlson Law firm is here to help you. We can get you just compensation for your injuries or loss of a loved one with an Auto Accident Lawsuit. The Carlson Law Firm has more than 40 years of experience in personal injury law. Additionally, our accomplished Texas personal injury lawyers have successfully represented thousands of complex personal injury claims.
We also help our clients pursue wrongful death claims against at-fault drivers in order to get justice for their loved ones and provide future security for their families. With 13 locations statewide, The Carlson Law Firm has car accident attorney ready to handle your case.
We have a legal team that can provide you the answers you need if you’re wondering if an auto accident lawsuit is the right choice for you. Our legal team has a wide range of skills for your benefit. We have a 40 year proven history of success in recovering compensation for car crash victims. A car accident lawyer will fight for the maximum amount of compensation available. Moreover, our team will work tirelessly to achieve a resolution that can allow you to fully recover from your injuries. Contact a Texas car accident lawyer from our firm at your earliest convenience.