San Antonio Work Injury Lawyer
Free Consultations • Offered 24/7
San Antonio Work Injury Legal Representation
Even with regulations in place, countless work injuries occur in Texas every year. These injuries are usually preventable and stem from companies not using proper safety measures to protect their employees. If you or a loved one suffered a work injury, we have a qualified San Antonio Work Injury Lawyer ready to assist you on your journey to recovery. Contact The Carlson Law Firm today for a free consultation.
Our firm has over 40 years of experience helping people just like you. We will hold negligent parties accountable. Work injuries occur when you least expect. The injuries can cost you in various ways. For example, loss of wages, medical bills and pain and suffering are just some of the negative effects of a work injury. As the victim, you may be entitled to compensation under Texas workers’ law. A San Antonio work injury lawyer from The Carlson Law Firm can help you move forward with your life.
Work Injury Compensation
Workers Compensation provide money and benefits to employees injured on the clock. However, these temporary or permanent payments are very low. Unfortunately, these benefits don’t cover the added stress of pain and suffering or other punitive damages. A San Antonio work injury lawyer can hold your employer accountable for negligence. We can help prove that poor working conditions led to your injury. Once you contact The Carlson Law Firm, we will work tirelessly to make sure that your work environment improves for you, your coworkers and future employees.
I was injured, but won’t workers’ compensation cover me?
Not necessarily. As we stated above, these payments can be very low. And depending on the severity of your injury, you may require more medical and financial assistance than you think. Unfortunately, Texas doesn’t require private companies to carry workers’ compensation insurance. Because of this, a work injury lawyer can help you:
- Recoup the full amount for the damages you suffered. In most cases, workers’ compensation only pays around two-thirds of worker’s wage loss. Typically, these benefits are temporary disability. These benefits usually have a wage cap and are for a limited time.
- Collect punitive damages. This includes pain and suffering and any other emotional distress you suffered at the hands of your employer’s negligence.
Who is at fault for a Work Injury
One of the many benefits of hiring a San Antonio work injury lawyer is that we can help you prove your employer’s negligence. Employers have a duty to exercise reasonable care and create a safe workplace for you. Sadly, that doesn’t always happen. An employer’s negligence or failure to follow regulations to ensure reasonable care can have lasting effects on your life.
Employer negligence includes:
- Bad Hiring
An employer shows negligence if an individual who has committed a serious crime such as murder, sexual assault, injury or theft is hired. Employers who don’t conduct a basic background check can be found negligent in a court of law.
- Poor Training
Once hired, employees should be adequately trained on all equipment they will use for the duration of their employment.
Employers have a responsibility to maintain a safe work environment for all of their employees. If an employee is irresponsibly handling dangerous equipment then an employer must take corrective action. If you suffered an injury through the negligence of another employer contact a workplace injury lawyer today.
- Poor Supervision
Poor supervision happens when an employer fails to reasonably monitor or control the actions of employees. This can include failure to monitor proper equipment use or reports of sexual harassment
Like most personal injury cases in Texas, the statue of limitation to filing a personal injury case against your employer is two years from the day the incident occurred. So as to not miss this window, it is important that you speak with a San Antonio Work Injury Lawyer as soon as possible.
Proving Employer Negligence
Negligence can appear in many forms. However, there are generally four main points that must be met in order to prove negligence by an employer. If the employer:
- Owed the victim a duty of case. Employers have an understood duty of care. It is an employers job to ensure that employees are safe when on the premises or using equipment.
- Breached the duty of care. After the duty of care is established, it must be proven that the employer somehow violated that care. Your attorney can prove a breach of duty if the act that led to your injury was something a reasonable person would have noticed.
- An injury actually occurred. In order to move forward with a case, workplace injuries should be measurable. This can be a loss of life, limb or any other physical injuries that occurred on the job. In some cases, emotional or psychological trauma can be considered when establishing a victim’s injuries.
- The injury was the result of the employer negligence. Simply, an employer must maintain proper safety measures to prevent injuries. By contacting a Carlson Law Firm workplace injury lawyer, we can help you establish an employer’s negligence.
If You Are Injured On the Job
As we have established, an injury in the workplace can have serious lasting effects on the quality of your life. In order to avoid your rights being trampled, it is important to know what to do in the event you’re injured on the job.
If you are hurt on the clock:
- Stop working immediately
- Report your injury to a supervisor as soon as possible
- Get medical treatment
- Do not give a formal statement, sign any paperwork or accept any money from the company (besides your normal paycheck) prior to speaking with an experienced workplace injury lawyer.
- Contact an experienced San Antonio workplace injury lawyer as soon as possible.
Can I hold my employer responsible?
After an injury, you may believe that you can only get workers’ compensation. While this is a general rule, there are several exceptions where you may be to recoup damages. If you suffered injury under the following conditions, contact The Carlson Law Firm to speak with a qualified San Antonio Work Injury Lawyer right away:
- Defective equipment or machinery
- Toxic substances
- Employer negligence
- The employer doesn’t carry workers’ compensation insurance
- A third party caused your injury
The Bureau of Labor Statistics released a December 2017 report showcasing an increase in the number of on the job fatal injuries. Fatal workplace injuries hit a 13-year low in 2009, but have steadily increased since. The latest statistics from 2016 show that 4,098 wage and salaried workers died from work injuries that year alone.
In 2015, a report from the Texas Tribune showed that Texas leads the nation in the number of work-related fatalities. The article also mentioned that “Hispanic and Latino workers accounted for nearly 17 percent of all workplace deaths” in the United States.
There is nothing more painful than losing a loved one in an accident. You fully expect your spouse, parent or child to come home safe from work every day. While some costs are recoverable through a workers’ compensation claim, it may not be enough to truly cover the extent of your loss.
- Funeral expenses
- Loss of income and future earning capacity
- Loss of counsel (advice, childcare, and guidance)
- Mental and emotional anguish
- Companionship loss
- Therapy and counseling costs
- Loss of future inheritance
- Punitive damages
It is important to remember that you can sue your loved one’s employer in the event of gross negligence or intentional oversight that resulted in wrongful death. Contact a Carlson Law Firm San Antonio Workplace Injury Lawyer for a free consultation.
A San Antonio Work Injury Lawyer Can Help
Injuries can happen a number of ways in the workplace. Equipment malfunctions or other safety failures can result in a number injuries. For example, traumatic brain injuries, broken bones, crushed or mangled limbs are some of the many types of cases we’ve handled. We have also helped victims of who have been exposed to dangerous chemicals. Our team of experienced work injury lawyer can handle a wide range of cases.
- Construction site accidents
- Industrial and manufacturing injuries
- Farm and ranch accidents
- Oilfield accidents (fires, explosions, oil well blowouts, equipment failure, etc.)
- Gas explosions
- Foodservice injuries like burns and kitchen slip-and-fall accidents
- Back injuries and other lifting accidents
- Health care worker injuries
- General workplace injury in the office or warehouse
Our team of San Antonio work injury lawyers have a commitment to standing up for the rights of construction workers, factory employees, petrochemical workers and others who have suffered as the result of third-party negligence. For these reasons, The Carlson Law Firm’s has earned the reputation as the premier personal injury law firm in Texas.
Call The Carlson Law Firm for Reliable Help
Work injury litigation requires specialized knowledge. For over 40 years we have represented injured workers and their families in wrongful death cases. As a result, we have an advantage when handling these types of cases. Don’t let another moment pass without an experienced advocate on your side. We will fight for your recovery and protect your rights to just compensation. Contact us for a free consultation with a San Antonio Work Injury Lawyer in Central or South San Antonio.
We serve injured workers statewide. Our staff is available to speak 24/7 to discuss your legal options. No appointment is necessary during normal business. Our bilingual staff members are available to assist our Spanish-speaking clients. Hablamos tu idioma.