Texas Nursing Home Injury Attorneys
CONTACT THE CARLSON LAW FIRM FOR A FREE CONSULTATION – 800.359.5690
At The Carlson Law Firm, we represent individuals who have suffered injury or neglect in a nursing home or managed care facility. We also represent families who have lost a loved one due to negligence, substandard care or abuse.
We handle a wide range of nursing home accident and injury cases, including:
- Falls caused by carelessness on the part of facility staff
- Bed sores/pressure sores/decubitus ulcers caused by improper care
- Malnutrition or dehydration
- Untreated infection
- Injuries sustained during elopement (escape) caused by inadequate security
- Injuries caused by intentional abuse, either by nursing home employees or other residents
- Sexual abuse
- Wrongful death due to neglect or substandard care
We trust nursing homes to look after our loved ones when they are most vulnerable. When that trust is abused and an elderly person suffers, we believe someone should pay. The team of experienced lawyers at The Carlson Law Firm is dedicated to fighting for justice and improving the quality of nursing home care in central Texas, one case at a time. We will fight for you.
Signs of Nursing Home Abuse
It is an unfortunate fact that many of the people who live in nursing homes and assisted-living facilities are subjected to various types of emotional, physical, and sexual abuse on a regular basis. If you have reason to suspect that an elderly loved one is being subjected to some type of abuse or mistreatment in a nursing home, then don’t hesitate to take action to handle the situation. Your family member’s health, safety, and well-being could be at stake. Some of the most common warning signs to watch for include:
- Unexplained bruises, cuts, or other injuries
- Development of bed sores/pressure sores
- Hospitalization for a broken bone or similar injury
- Major decline in personal hygiene
- Squalid personal quarters
- Inexplicable changes in mood or behavior, such as expressions of anxiety or fear
- Aversion to being left alone
Taking Action Against the Nursing Home
By proving that the nursing home staff has subjected your family member to some form of elder abuse, you may be able to recover financial compensation for everything from medical expenses to damages for pain, suffering, and emotional distress. You can claim similar damages in a wrongful death lawsuit. Keep in mind that by taking legal action now, you will not only be helping to secure justice for your family member, but you also will be saving others from suffering similar abuse by holding the guilty parties responsible.
Contact a Texas Nursing Home Abuse Attorney Who Cares
Don’t let another day pass without an experienced advocate on your side. Contact The Carlson Law Firm for a free consultation with an experienced nursing home abuse attorney. We have someone available to speak with you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We have 12 offices across the state of Texas, which makes it easy for us to serve clients state-wide. No appointment is required and bilingual staff members are available to assist our Spanish-speaking clients.