Your Kerrville Car Accident Lawyer
The average household in Kerrville, Texas owns at least two vehicles. It is the county seat for Kerr County. As of 2019, the city had a population of about 24,000. Since 2000, Kerrville’s population has continued to grow. The city rising population along with the growth in popularity of the Texas Hill Country has continued to contribute car crashes in Kerrville and surrounding areas. It’s important to contact a qualified Kerrville car accident lawyer near you if you’ve been injured in a wreck.
Why Choose a Kerrville Car Accident Lawyer from The Carlson Law Firm?
The Carlson Law Firm is widely considered one best law firms in Texas by our clients because we provide skilled and experienced legal representation for injury clients. A qualified car accident attorney in Kerrville will:
- Handle your case with no upfront costs to you.
- Communicate with the other driver’s insurance.
- Gather evidence proving the at-fault party’s negligence.
- Work with your doctors to ensure they provide the necessary medical information to prove damages.
- Help you recover medical expenses.
- Negotiate fair settlements.
- Handle lien holds.
Not all injury lawyers are the same. In fact, there are several factors that set injury lawyers apart. At The Carlson Law Firm, we treat our clients with dignity and respect. The Carlson Difference is we are compassionate and caring trial lawyers. This is what sets our firm apart from other law firms in the area. We are unafraid to take your case to court if the insurance company is offering an unfair settlement. Contact us today for a free legal consultation.
About Our Kerrville Law Office
Compassionate Car Accident Lawyers
Our compassionate legal team will handle your case with sound judgment, honesty and dependability.
We have strong ties to our community which drives us to work tirelessly to get our clients the favorable outcomes they deserve.
Our attorneys consistently achieve some of the largest verdicts and settlements in the country.
Kerrville Car Crash Statistics
Historically, March and April are Kerrville’s highest months for car wrecks, followed closely by July. A majority of car crashes in Kerrville happen during the evening hours. Fortunately for Kerr county residents, the number of car wreck fatalities has dropped significantly since they peaked in 2013.
Between 2012-2014, the number of drunk driving in Kerrville outpaced the state averages.
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, there were 478 Kerrville car accidents in 2019.
Over the past five years, Kerrville has experienced the following number of crashes each year:
These crashes have resulted in thousands of injuries. It’s important if you’ve been injured through someone else’s negligence that you contact a Kerrville car accident lawyer as soon as possible. An injury lawyer from our firm can help you determine your legal options.
What Types of Cases Does a Kerrville Car Accident Lawyer Handle?
Auto crash lawyers in our Kerrville office often see injuries from the following types of driver negligence:
•Drug or alcohol use
•Failure to yield the right of way
•Inattention to traffic signs and signals
We’ve been representing car accident victims for over 40 years. Our team of highly-skilled car accident attorneys is able to handle a variety of auto collision cases.
What Should I do After a Kerrville Car Crash?
After seeking medical treatment, knowing how to preserve your rights and evidence after a crash can help in your recovery. The following tips are what a Kerrville car accident attorney recommends in the aftermath of a crash:
- Stay put. Your first reaction may be to leave and get help or go somewhere safe. Leaving the scene of a car accident, especially if there is an injury or death, can bring about serious criminal charges.
- Assess the damage. Ensuring your own safety as well as those of yourself around you after a car crash is vital in preventing more injuries. Make sure you, and those affected by the accident, stay out of harm’s way of other vehicles that may still be in the vicinity. This will prevent additional collisions.
- Contact the authorities. By calling 9-1-1, you are making sure you get the medical care you need, as soon as possible.
- Watch what you say (and sign). Never apologize or sign anything taking responsibility for a wreck until you have consulted an experienced auto accident lawyer first.
- Gather information. It’s important to gather information from other parties involved in a car collision. Make sure to note the names, contact information and driver’s license number of other drivers, passengers, and even witnesses.
- Collect evidence. Pictures of your car and the scene of the crash can be an important resource later to prove damages. Make sure you take pictures of the entire scene, including street signs and roadways.
- Get help from a Car Accident Lawyer. Reach out to a car accident lawyer who specialized in this type of matter. An experienced car crash lawyer from The Carlson Law Firm will put your health first. Additionally, we will handle negotiations or file an auto injury lawsuit for you.
What Common Car Accident Injuries Can I Recover Money For?
Auto accidents in the Texas Hill Country can cause injury to almost every part of the body. However, the severity of your injuries depends on the type of crash; as well as the severity of the impact. Common car accident injuries include the following:
- Head: Eye injuries, partial vision loss, concussion, facial or jaw fractures and dental injuries
- Neck and Back: Whiplash, strained muscles, and disk injuries
- Abdominal: Injuries to abdominal organs including the liver, spleen, and kidneys
- Broken Bones: Tibia/fibula, femur, rib, hip, pelvis, facial and back fractures are most commonly caused by high-impact crashes.
- Leg and Knee: Bruises, fractures, and meniscus tears
- Feet: Ankles, feet, and toes can be strained, sprained or broken
- Catastrophic Injuries: Auto accidents are the leading cause of catastrophic personal injuries. These injuries typically have a life-long effect.
Because there are so many different types of car accident injuries that you can suffer a result of a car crash, it is important you seek an examination from a medical professional as soon as possible. A doctor will be able to diagnose the type and extent of any injuries or confirm that no injuries occurred. Even if you do not believe that you suffered an injury, it is still a good practice to visit a doctor or other qualified medical professional.
How can a Kerrville Car Accident Attorney Help Me Prove the Other Driver's Negligence?
When you suffer car crash injuries, a Kerrville car accident attorney must establish that the person who caused the wreck was negligent in order for you to collect compensation for your injuries. By definition, negligence is the failure to use ordinary care. In other words, when a person or business fails to do what a person of ordinary prudence would have done under the same or similar circumstances they are negligent.
How to Determine Negligence After a Car Accident
In order to win a negligence case, the injured party has to prove four points to show that a person at fault acted negligently:
- Duty: The defendant owed a legal duty to the plaintiff under the circumstances
- Breach: The defendant breached that legal duty by acting or failing to act in a certain way
- Causation: It was the defendant’s actions (or inaction) that actually caused the plaintiff’s injury
- Damages: The defendant’s actions harmed or injured the plaintiff
An accomplished PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER from The Carlson Law Firm can help you to determine the above elements.
FAQs: Car Accident Lawsuit Process
How Long is the Car Accident Claim Process?
Once you submit an auto collision contact form, The Carlson Law Firm’s intake team will reach out to you immediately to gather more information about your claim. Next, we will schedule your free consultation. Our team can conduct the consult over the phone, via video chat, or in person at a convenient location for you. After consultation, we will begin the pre-litigation stage of your claim. This involves investigating and gathering documents and evidence to support your claim.
The true length of your car accident claim ultimately depends on how complex it is.
Should I Consult with a Car Accident Lawyer?
Yes. We highly recommend that you do not try to settle a car accident claim on your own. Without a doubt, the insurance company will undervalue your injuries. The insurance company should cover your medical bills. The Carlson Law Firm can help you get what you deserve.
How Long do I have to Contact an Injury Attorney After a Wreck?
Generally speaking, you have two years to contact a car accident lawyer after the incident. Contact a Kerrville personal injury attorney as soon as you recognize you’re injured.
What Compensation Can I Get if I'm Injured in a Kerrville Car Accident?
Texas law allows injured to ask for money when they’ve been hurt through someone else’s negligence—even if you’re partially at fault. Our compassionate injury attorneys may demand liable parties cover the following expenses:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Wrongful death
This list may not be exhaustive of all the compensation that the defendants owe you. A Kerrville Car Accident Lawyer from our firm can identify other expenses defendants should fully compensate you for. If we can’t get the settlement you deserve through negotiations, we will take your case to court.
How Much Money Will I Get For My Car Accident?
Motor vehicle accident verdicts and settlements can vary depending on various factors. Your state, the jurisdiction where the accident occurred and the facts of the case can influence award amounts. Generally speaking, hospital bills, car repair bills and quotes from mechanics influence what an insurance company is willing to pay.
Can I File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit for a Lost Loved One in a Car Accident?
Yes. If a person is killed due to a negligent or wrongful act on a Texas roadway, immediate family members of the deceased are eligible to file a wrongful death claim to receive compensation.
More Car Accident FAQs
Minor car crashes don’t always have minor injuries, especially if you were rear-ended. Brushing off a car accident, no matter how small it may seem, is the biggest mistake a person can make. Often, injuries may not appear for several days. It’s important to file a police report, seek medical attention and meet with an attorney as soon as possible.
Our injury attorneys do not charge any upfront fees. It will not cost you a dime to speak to a member of our personal injury legal team.
The most common accident injuries our Killeen attorneys see include the following:
- Airbag injuries
- Back injuries
- Neck injuries
- Internal injuries
In severe cases, these types of injuries are immediately apparent. However, unseen injuries may take several days to set in before you realize you were injured. It’s best to get checked immediately after a crash to ensure there is no internal bleeding.
Under Texas law, car crash victims are entitled to compensation under the law. As such, if you suffered any injuries, you should consult with an injury attorney as soon as possible. Car accident settlements are agreements to pay someone who has suffered an injury or harm in a car accident or other personal injury.
In order to reach a settlement, the injured person needs to file a personal injury claim or lawsuit against the at-fault party and their insurance company.
A personal injury lawyer will be able to get full and fair compensation for your injuries. Most defendants in car accident claims are represented by insurance companies. As such, those insurance companies, despite their many commercial promises, are not obligated to take care of you. They will defend their client and their bottom line. Their defense is at your expense by devaluing and denying your legal standing and your injuries.
Our Injury Attorneys will work tirelessly to help you recover compensation for damages like:
- Lost wages
- Medical bills,
- Punitive damages
- Loss of limb
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Physical Impairments
- Traumatic amputation
- Emotional trauma
- Wrongful death claims
We may also be able to help you recover the cost of future medical bills and income.
Our Killeen Car Accident Lawyers have been representing car accident victims for nearly 50 years. We are a team of highly-skilled car accident attorneys capable of handling various auto collision cases. If you’ve been involved in any of the following, contact our team:
If you’re hurt in a hit-and-run or the other driver is uninsured, you may still be able to recover for your personal injuries. For example, if you have Uninsured Motorist (UM) or Personal Injury Protection, contact a car accident lawyer to discuss how to proceed with your claim. In addition, The Carlson Law Firm has a successful track record of tracking down hit-and-run offenders and holding them responsible.
Call 254-526-5688 to schedule your free consultation with an injury lawyer. Our legal team can meet with you over the phone, in our office at 100 E. Central Texas Expy. Killeen, Texas 76541 or we will come to you. The Carlson Law Firm is available 24/7.
Start working with a car accident lawyer as soon as possible following your car accident. Our injury attorneys will even make hospital visits. By reaching out to our legal team early on, you will avoid some of the pitfall of handling a claim on your own. Our Killeen car wreck attorneys will ensure you receive the money you deserve for your medical bills and lost wages.
When selecting a car accident lawyer, focus on the following:
Courtroom Experience. While most injury cases settle, a small portion of injury cases are so complex that they require an attorney with courtroom experience. Big insurance knows the names of attorneys who are willing to settle your claim and those who are prepared to advocate for you before a judge and jury.
- Resources. Injury cases require extensive research, expert testimony, and money to handle upfront costs such as filing fees. It’s important to hire an attorney with the connections and a long history of success to ensure your case can be seen all the way through.
- Focus. Find an attorney who is focused on injury law. At The Carlson Law Firm, our firm is broken up by departments. Our injury lawyers handle injury cases.
- Reputation. Reviews from previous clients and recommendation from other attorneys are the upmost compliments an attorney can receive. Get an attorney with a reputation for being helpful and responsive.
- Location. It’s important to hire local counsel who will be able to go out and investigate the scene of your crash.
The Carlson Law Firm has been serving Killeen, Copperas Cove, and Harker Heights long before it experienced the population boom it’s experiencing now. We’ve been fighting for our friends, neighbors and all of our community in Bell County courts since 1976.
Car accidents can lead to being out of work for several days, weeks or months. In addition, you may also deal with extensive damage to your vehicle. If you were injured, you may be eligible for compensation for all of the expenses you incurred as a result of someone else’s negligence, such as:
- Lost wages
- Medical bills (hospitalizations, medications, physical therapy, medical equipment and more)
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional Distress
- Loss of future wages
- Future medical bills
Police reports can help document the details of a car accident. You will very likely need to relay your story to several parties throughout the process of your injury claim. It’s important that you have documentation so that you don’t forget important details.
If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident in Killeen, consider doing the following:
- Stay put: Your first reaction may be to leave and get help or go somewhere safe. Leaving the scene of a crash, especially if there is an injury or death, can bring about serious criminal charges.
- Assess the damage: The safety of yourself and those around you after a car crash is vital. Make sure you, and those affected by the accident, stay out of harm’s way by moving vehicles off the roadway if you are able and if it is safe to do so. In addition, move away from the shoulder of the road as this is the most dangerous place to be. Taking these acts will prevent additional collisions.
- Contact the authorities: By calling 9-1-1, you ensure you get the medical care you need as soon as possible.
- Watch what you say (and sign): Never apologize or sign anything taking responsibility for a wreck until you have consulted an experienced auto accident lawyer.
- Gather information: It’s important to gather information from other parties involved in a car collision. Make sure to note the names, contact information, and driver’s license number of other drivers, passengers, and even witnesses.
- Collect evidence: Pictures of your car and the scene of the crash can be an important resource later to prove damages. Make sure you take pictures of the entire scene, including street signs and roadways.
- Get help from a Killeen Car Accident Lawyer: Reach out to an attorney who is experienced in this type of matter. Reach out to The Carlson Law Firm at 254-526-5688. We Care. We Can Help.
Yes. Car accidents involving delivery vehicles are extremely complex legal matters that require the skills of trial attorneys. Companies like Amazon, FedEx or UPS have lawyers ready to fight you at every turn. However, our team has gotten million-dollar plus recoveries for our clients hurt through the negligent actions of these companies.
Instant Case Review
Carlson On Your Side
Car Accident Resources
Flowchart: Injury Claim Process
Car Accident Checklist
Contact a Kerrville Car Accident Lawyer Near Me
When you are injured in a car crash, contact an attorney with the experience and know-how to represent you. Our Kerrville Car Accident Lawyers can be reached at 830-353-6688, or fill out a car accident contact form.
The Carlson Law Firm in Kerrville is located at 301 Junction Highway, Suite 100, Kerrville, Texas 78028. Schedule a free consultation with a car accident lawyer in Kerrville near you.
How Can We Help?
When filing a personal injury claim, one of the most important steps you can take is to find…
We’ve always believed that one person can make a difference in the world and that one person’s story…
Navigating a divorce, child custody agreement or other family-centered court cases requires the help of a qualified and…
The Carlson Law Firm is committed to representing military members facing criminal charges, UCMJ violations, and other administrative…
Texas has the highest percentage of one and two-star nursing homes in the country. Unfortunately, elder care facilities…
Qui Tam Lawsuits are a powerful tool where the government recovers funds lost to fraud. Anyone who is…
Throughout the Gulf of Mexico and the coastal regions of Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, seamen, dockworkers, and…
The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) is a federal law that provides a range of rights to employees,…
All of us are consumers. We purchase and use products and services on a daily basis. But all…
If you’ve suffered financial hardship due to flood damage, a Flood Insurance Claims Lawyer from the team of…