Legal Assistance for Hailstorm, Hurricane, and Tornado Damage Claims
Texas has some of the most intense weather patterns in the nation. Because of our location, our state sees the gamut of storms—hurricanes, tornadoes, intense thunderstorms, hail storms, and even intense winter storms. These natural disasters cause not only personal loss but also widespread property damage. Insurance companies often label these events as catastrophes, leading to a surge in claims. At the end of the day, the insurance company will do everything in its power to deny or devalue your claims. When this occurs, you need a skilled Storm Damage Lawyer to represent your best interests.
There is no excuse for insurance adjusters to miss crucial aspects of your case, resulting in delays, underpayments, or wrongful denials. If you’re struggling with damage to your property, business, vehicle, or personal belongings and find yourself at odds with your insurance provider, The Carlson Law Firm is here to help.
Our team offers a free case evaluation to review your claim and guide you through understanding your rights.
For a complimentary consultation, reach us online or at 800-359-5690. We also offer services in Spanish (Hablamos español).
Homeowner’s and Business Insurance
Determining the right kind of home and business insurance requires careful consideration of several factors.
Homeowner’s insurance typically covers the structure of your home, personal belongings, liability protection, and additional living expenses if you’re temporarily unable to live in your home.
Similarly, business insurance may cover property, liability, business interruption, commercial auto insurance, professional liability insurance, and more. Generally speaking, insurance addresses different aspects a person’s home or business may face.
There are several factors that can influence the type of insurance you need. Generally, this includes:
- Location-based risks such as flooding zones, earthquakes, or a higher likelihood of other natural disasters. This may require purchasing additional policies such as flood insurance—which is generally not standard in commercial property policies.
- Liability risks are a significant concern for both homeowners and business owners. Typically, this includes coverage for injuries or damages suffered by a third party. For a business, this can include product and professional liability. Homeowners typically see these policies for dog bites or slip and falls on a person’s property.
- Policy limits and deductibles must be carefully considered. It’s important to balance the risk with the cost of premiums.
Circumstances change constantly. It’s important for you to understand your policy. Regularly review the policy and make the necessary updates to ensure each aspect of your assets are protected.
Frequently Asked Questions
To expedite your insurance claim, follow these steps:
- Prompt Reporting: File your claim as soon as possible. Delays in reporting can lead to delays in processing.
- Documentation: Provide thorough damage documentation, including photos, videos, and a detailed inventory of affected items.
- Stay Organized: Keep records of all communications with the insurance company, including dates, names, and the details of conversations.
- Meet All Deadlines: Be punctual in submitting forms, information, or documents requested by the insurer.
- Understand Your Policy: Knowing the details of your policy can help you effectively communicate your needs and rights.
- Follow Up Regularly: Regular follow-ups can keep your claim on the insurer’s radar without being overly aggressive.
- Seek Legal Assistance: If necessary, consider hiring an attorney with significant experience in insurance claims to advocate on your behalf.
In Texas, insurance companies are regulated by the Texas Department of Insurance, which sets guidelines for claim processing times:
- Acknowledgment of Claim: Within 15 days after receiving your claim.
- Decision on Claim: Once the claim is filed, the insurer has 15 business days to accept or reject it. This period can be extended by another 45 days if the insurer gives a written notice explaining the need for more time.
- Payment of Claim: After agreeing to pay a claim, the insurer must send payment within five business days.
If your claim is denied:
- Review the Denial Letter: Understand the reasons for denial. Insurers are required to provide a valid reason.
- Review Your Policy: Ensure the denial is not due to coverage limits or exclusions.
- File an Appeal: If you believe the claim was wrongly denied, file an appeal with your insurance company.
- Documentation: Gather additional evidence and documentation to support your claim during the appeal.
- Legal Consultation: Consider consulting an attorney who specializes in insurance law.
- State Insurance Department: You can file a complaint with the Texas Department of Insurance if you believe the denial violates Texas insurance laws.
If you believe your claim is undervalued:
- Review the Insurer’s Valuation: Compare it with your own records and estimates.
- Gather Evidence: Collect evidence like independent estimates, receipts, and appraisals.
- Negotiate with the Insurer: Present your findings to the insurance company and negotiate for a fair valuation.
- Hire a Public Adjuster: Consider hiring a public adjuster for an independent evaluation.
- Legal Action: If negotiations fail, you may need legal advice for possible litigation.
Remember, the key to dealing with insurance claims, especially for storm damage, is staying informed, proactive, and organized. If the process becomes overwhelming or complex, seeking professional advice from a Storm Damage Lawyer may be beneficial.
Follow these Steps if You’ve Suffered Property Damage from a Texas Storm
When a natural disaster strikes, you may panic about the consequences for your family, especially when the future of your home is uncertain. This is why knowing the right steps can be crucial to protecting your property and rights.
Essential Steps to Follow:
- Ensure Your Safety: Your and your family’s safety is paramount. Make sure it’s safe to return to your property.
- Prevent Further Damage: Upon returning, immediately mitigate additional damage (such as turning off the water supply if pipes have burst or boarding up broken windows). Remember, escalating damages can adversely affect your claim.
- Document the Damage: Compile detailed evidence of the damage. Take photographs of all affected areas and items. This documentation is vital for your claim.
- Review Your Policy: Familiarize yourself with the specifics of your insurance policy. Before proceeding with a claim, understand your coverage, covered losses, and benefits.
- Prepare Necessary Paperwork: Prepare all relevant paperwork and financial details for the insurance adjuster. This preparation can expedite the process and avoid delays.
- File Your Insurance Claim: Submit a formal claim with your insurance company, providing comprehensive details and proof of your losses.
Our hailstorm attorneys will be by your side while dealing with the insurance company. Our expert legal team is here to ensure you receive everything owed to you under your insurance policy. Contact us for a free consultation at 800-359-5690.
Property Damaged? We Can Help.
The Carlson Law Firm helps both home and business owners when their property has been damaged in the following situations:
- Wind damage
- Winter storms
- Hail storm damage
- And more
Schedule your free consultation with a Texas Storm Damage Lawyer at 800-359-5690.
Get Prepared for a Storm and Stay Ready
Storm Damage Your Insurance Policy Likely Covers
This is one of the most common types of storm damage. High winds, hail, and heavy rain can strip off shingles, cause leaks, and lead to structural damage in severe cases. Consistent exposure to the elements can further deteriorate the roof, leading to more significant issues inside the home.
Texas’ geographical location makes it susceptible to flooding, particularly during hurricanes or heavy rainfall. Floodwaters can damage the foundation, walls, and flooring of a home. This type of damage often requires extensive repairs and can lead to long-term issues like mold growth and structural weakening.
Strong winds can break windows, tear off siding, and cause damage to external structures like porches and decks. Wind can also transform everyday objects in the yard into projectiles, leading to additional damage.
Hail can cause significant damage to roofs, siding, and windows. The impact of hailstones can lead to broken glass, dented metal, and compromised roof integrity, resulting in leaks and interior damage.
Lightning and Electrical Damage
Lightning strikes can damage electrical systems, cause fires, and ruin electronic devices and appliances. The sudden surge of power can fry circuits and lead to costly repairs.
Tree and Debris Damage
High winds and saturated soil conditions can cause trees to fall, potentially damaging the home’s structure, breaking windows, and damaging vehicles. Accumulated debris can also block drainage systems, leading to additional water damage.
Interior Water Damage
Property damages such as roof leaks or broken windows can allow rainwater to enter the home. Water damage can ruin carpets and furniture, leading to mold and mildew growth, posing health risks.
Severe storms can lead to foundational shifts, cracked walls, and other structural issues. These damages are often complex and require professional assessment and repair.
Water from leaks can saturate insulation, reducing its effectiveness and leading to increased energy costs and potential mold issues.
Drainage and Landscape Damage
Heavy rains can erode landscaping, flood yards, and damage drainage systems, which can lead to further water damage issues and affect the property’s overall aesthetics and value.
Each of the above damages requires a specific approach for repair and restoration. Understanding these nuances is crucial for homeowners in Texas to prepare and respond to storm-related damages adequately.
Top Storm Damage Law Firm in Texas
We can help if your claim has been denied, delayed, or underpaid.
Our compassionate legal team will handle your case with sound judgment, honesty, and dependability.
We have strong ties to our community, which drives us to work tirelessly to get our clients the favorable outcomes they deserve.
Our attorneys consistently achieve some of the largest verdicts and settlements in the country.
Storm Damage Attorneys Advocate in Your Time of Need
Understanding the complexities of storm damage insurance claims is crucial. Your potential compensation depends on various factors, including the extent of damage, covered losses, and more. Common damages in these claims can range from structural and roof damage to loss of business income and additional living expenses.
Suppose your property has suffered due to a natural disaster. In that case, taking immediate steps to secure your safety, mitigate further damage, document losses, review your policy, prepare the necessary paperwork, and file your insurance claim is important.
Are you facing an insurance dispute? Contact The Carlson Law Firm. We’re committed to fighting for your rightful compensation, which may include initial claim amounts, interest, and compensation for emotional and economic distress.
The Carlson Law Firm: Your Advocates for Storm Damage Insurance Claims
Our Storm Insurance Attorneys understand the upheaval and distress caused by storm damages. We are a law firm known for our compassion, tough advocacy, and strong track record of securing favorable results. We are ready to help you get everything you deserve from the insurance company you trusted to help during a devastating time in your life.
How to Contact a Storm Damage Lawyer
Contact us at 800-359-5690 for a free consultation where our team can answer your questions and help ease your concerns. We have extensive experience dealing with insurance companies and adjusters after hurricanes, tornadoes, and hailstorms.
Get Paid What You're Owed with Our Free Home Inventory Checklist
Free Consultation | Call (800) 359-5690 | Hablamos Español
Instant Case Review
Carlson On Your Side
How Can We Help?
When filing a personal injury claim, one of the most important steps you can take is to find…
We’ve always believed that one person can make a difference in the world and that one person’s story…
Navigating a divorce, child custody agreement or other family-centered court cases requires the help of a qualified and…
The Carlson Law Firm is committed to representing military members facing criminal charges, UCMJ violations, and other administrative…
Texas has the highest percentage of one and two-star nursing homes in the country. Unfortunately, elder care facilities…
Qui Tam Lawsuits are a powerful tool where the government recovers funds lost to fraud. Anyone who is…
Throughout the Gulf of Mexico and the coastal regions of Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, seamen, dockworkers, and…
The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) is a federal law that provides a range of rights to employees,…
All of us are consumers. We purchase and use products and services on a daily basis. But all…
If you’ve suffered financial hardship due to flood damage, a Flood Insurance Claims Lawyer from the team of…