Texas Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
In Texas, ever-evolving state regulations and more insurance companies choosing to drag out claims to trial has made the insurance claims process after a motorcycle crash more difficult and complex than ever. Motorcycle accidents are more than medical matters, they’re legal ones too. It’s important to retain a qualified Texas injury lawyer to help.
A motorcycle accident lawyer understands the severity of injuries that bikers experience after a crash. The injuries are some of the most severe and deadliest that our injury attorneys see on any given day. If a motorcycle crash has changed your or your family’s life, you may be able to take legal action against the driver who caused your crash. Contact a Texas Motorcycle Accident Lawyer at 800-359-5690 to schedule a free consultation.
Should I hire a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer?
Yes, you should consider hiring a motorcycle accident lawyer in the aftermath of a crash. Recovering from a motorcycle crash requires both physical recovery and, in many cases, financial recovery. It is your constitutional right to pursue the negligent party or parties who are responsible for your injuries. When you contact a lawyer, you are taking a step toward protecting your rights. Our injury lawyers will work to ensure that you have the best chance at recovering the money you are owed for your injuries. Our Motorcycle accident lawyers will immediately begin working to build your claim by assisting with the following:
- Gathering evidence from the scene
- Scrutinizing police reports
- Witness statements
- Investigating the driving history of the at-fault party
- Crash scene reconstruction
- Review of your medical records
- Expert consultation
- Communicate with the at-fault driver’s insurance company
- Handle lien holds
What sets The Carlson law Firm Firm apart from other law firms is that we have more than 40 trial attorneys on our staff. In other words, we are unafraid to fight for your rights when the insurance company is offering an unfair settlement. Speak with a qualified legal representation at no charge.
When should I Contact A Texas Motorcycle Attorney?
You should contact a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer as soon as possible if you’ve been involved in a crash. However, we realize that often the severity of injuries sustained in a motorcycle crash can prevent you from contacting a lawyer in a timely manner. The Carlson Law Firm has the resources to come to you, no matter where you are, for a free consultation.
According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), in 2019 there were 410 motorcycle accident fatalities in Texas. There were an additional 1,143 non-injury crashes. When it comes to a motorcycle crash, we know that no matter how careful you are, you cannot control the choices of truck and car operators. Motorcycle accidents are more likely to be deadly than accidents involving only passenger cars. Motorcycles provide no protection from impact and motorcycle riders routinely are thrown from their bikes in a crash. It is usually the motorcycle rider who dies in an accident or suffers serious and life-changing injuries.
What are Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Texas?
The most common cause of a motorcycle accident is an automobile or truck driver’s failure to yield the right of way to the motorcyclist. This is especially true at an intersection when the motor vehicle is making a left turn in the face of an oncoming motorcycle. Because of their relatively small size, motorcycles may be difficult to see on the road. Often, this requires other drivers to pay attention to their driving and the road ahead of them and obey all traffic signs and signals. Another common cause of motorcycle accidents is roads that are in unsafe condition, either because of potholes or uneven surfaces.
Researchers at Texas Tech University found that the human brain has a harder time accurately perceiving small objects that are close by than larger objects that are farther away. Further, the implication for motorcycle riders is that drivers in cars and trucks may have a hard time accurately knowing how close motorcyclists are to their vehicles and may be unable to judge the motorcyclist’s speed, increasing the chance of an accident.
If you have been in a motorcycle accident, you are not alone. Over 5,000 people die each year in motorcycle accidents, and over 100,000 motorcyclists and their passengers suffer injury.
The most common reasons for motorcycle accident injuries include the following:
- Driver Error: The most common motorcycle crashes occur when a car turns in front of a bike, hits the motorcyclist while changing lanes, or runs into the rider at a stoplight. Common reasons for the driver not seeing the motorcyclist are inattention, distractions, blind spots, and that the driver is looking for cars rather than motorcycles. Motorcycles can easily fit into blind spots and drivers looking for cars aren’t psychologically programmed to see motorcycles.
- Faulty Equipment: Accidents can happen even when no driver is at fault. Vehicle defects that slip past the manufacturer can cause an accident or faulty safety equipment may fail to protect the travelers the way it should. When products fail and cause avoidable harm, a skilled motorcycle accident lawyer may find it necessary to pursue a product liability case.
- Dangerous Conditions: Motorcycle technology has developed over the years to improve rider safety. Many bikes now come equipped with anti-lock braking systems and traction control. These developments still may not eliminate all dangers. Additionally, poorly maintained roads, liquids that are leaked or spilled on surfaces, or improperly engineered streets and highways can lead to accidents and injuries.
Common Types of Motorcycle Injuries
Victims of bike crashes may suffer injuries to any part of their body. In fact, more than 80% of all reported motorcycle crashes result in the injury or death of the rider. If the victim survives, they will likely live with life-altering pain and injuries. Survivors of motorcycle crashes face an uphill battle of recovering from an injury such as:
Insurance Companies Make Motorcycle Injury Claims Difficult
A common question that injured victims Google on the internet is “why should I hire a motorcycle accident lawyer?” You should hire a motorcycle accident lawyer because the insurance company will do everything in its power to deny your claim. As a result, these claims are generally difficult to file alone or with an inexperienced lawyer. If you were injured in a crash, an attorney can help you understand your legal options. You are entitled to recovering money for the losses and damages you suffered after your crash.
Riders injured in a bike crash often have to file a lawsuit to claim compensation. You cannot do this alone and expect to get the maximum amount you deserve. A Carlson Law Firm Motorcycle Accident Lawyer has the experience, skills and in-house resources to help you navigate a insurance claim, litigation and potential lawsuit.
A motorcycle crash is just as much a legal issue as it is a medical one. Bikers are often the victims of negligence when drivers don’t see them or behave in other reckless ways in their larger vehicles. Generally, a motorcycle accident lawyer will handle your claim through the following process:
1. Gathering Information
In order to build your case, the first step your Motorcycle Accident Lawyer will take is to gather documentation and evidence of your crash and injuries. This includes collecting medical records, medical bills, insurance policies and other records related to your claim.
Once our motorcycle attorneys have gathered the proper paperwork, they will begin looking for supporting evidence to build your case. We have in-house private investigators who can gather evidence such as witnesses, security footage, dashcam footage, police records and more.
With the evidence built up from the information gathering and investigation stages, your motorcycle accident lawyer will begin negotiating a settlement with the insurance company. If the insurance company fails to offer a fair settlement, your Carlson Law Firm lawyer will be ready to present your case in a courtroom.
Insurance companies often drag out the claims and negotiations process in hopes that you will settle. During this process, they will often offer settlements that are unfair and do not compensate you justly for your injuries. If this happens, it is extremely important that you have an injury lawyer on your side who has argued a case before a judge.
What Type of Compensation Can You Recover After a Motorcycle Crash?
In negotiations or litigation against an insurance company or negligent party, the attorneys in our office may be able to help you recover compensation for the following:
- Past and Future Medical Expenses: Victims can file to receive compensation for emergency visits, hospital care, surgery etc. if the injuries were directly related to the accident.
- Lost Wages: Motorcycle accident victims can claim compensation for wages they could have earned if the accidents hadn’t taken place. Victims can recover compensation for the period of time they had to be away from work to recover.
- Pain and Suffering: As motorcyclists may not be offered PIP insurance, they may file a lawsuit to claim compensation to combat their pain and suffering after the accident. To determine whether the victim requires compensation, courts will consider factors such as the nature of the injury, along with the duration and extent of pain.
- Mental Anguish: Victims and families may also be provided compensation for the emotional pain they had to face after the incident. Emotional suffering includes feelings of fright, embarrassment, nervousness, worry, and grief.
- Loss of Consortium: The surviving spouse may receive compensation for the loss of services, assistance, aid, society, and companionship of his or her loved one in the case of a wrongful death caused by a motorcycle accident. Surviving parents may receive compensation for the loss of love, affection and companionship of their minor children as a result of their wrongful death. Likewise, minor children may receive compensation for the loss of services, assistance, aid, society and companionship of their parents as a result of their wrongful death.
Contact a Qualified Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
A motorcycle lawyer from The Carlson Law Firm will champion your rights and get you the money you need to help in your full recovery. If another driver hit you, you should contact a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer at 800-359-5690. We accept personal injury clients statewide and are available 24/7.
Injured? Hire a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer from one of our 13 office locations:
- Corpus Christi
- Round Rock
- San Antonio
We have two convenient locations in North Austin and South Austin; and two convenient locations in San Antonio. Our Motorcycle Accident Lawyers serve all Texans statewide.
How a Texas Motorcycle Accident Lawyer at The Carlson Law Firm Can Help You
We are a full-service personal injury law firm offering personalized attention and exceptional client service. With 14 locations across the state, there is a Carlson Law Firm injury attorney near you. We offer aggressive legal representation to provide help to motorcycle accident victims throughout Texas and across the nation. Don’t wait another minute. Contact a qualified Texas motorcycle accident lawyer for help today.
In fact, at The Carlson Law Firm, we have made it our goal to effectively help clients through their specific and individual circumstances involving motorcycle accident injuries. A motorcycle injury attorney from our firm can pursue just compensation for your injuries. A bike crash lawyer is available to assist you 24/7. If you or someone you love has been injured in a motorcycle accident, contact us today for a free initial case evaluation with a motorcycle accident injury lawyer. Don’t suffer from your motorcycle injuries alone
We care, we can help.
There's a Carlson Law Firm Near You
With 13 locations throughout Texas, there’s a Carlson Law Firm near you. We have law offices located in Killeen, Temple, Waco, Round Rock, Austin, San Antonio, Laredo, Bryan, Lubbock, Midland and Corpus Christi.