Wrongful Death Injury Attorneys
Free Consultations Available 24/7
One of the most tragic circumstances that can arise is that of a wrongful death. In Texas, when a loved one dies as a result of another’s careless actions or negligence, the law does not take this situation lightly. Victim’s families can receive compensation for the wrongful death of another individual to care for those who are suffering and facing heartache as a result of the accident, with the help of wrongful death attorneys. When a loved one is lost to wrongful death, the family is entitled to substantial compensation. The main problem with this situation, however, is proving liability of the individual who caused the circumstance, especially with few or no witnesses present.
At The Carlson Law Firm, we are diligent in our pursuit of investigating wrongful death cases. Contact one of our 12 offices today for a free consultation.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death
- Automobile Accidents – Distracted drivers, drunk or impaired drivers, aggressive drivers, road construction and pedestrian fatalities are among the leading causes of death in America, and the most common causes of wrongful death lawsuits.
- Truck Accidents – Truck accidents are not only the most deadly of crashes, but they also commonly result in complex legal cases. The victims of deceased truck accident victims will require experienced legal counsel well versed in this unique field of the law to fully protect their legal rights.
- Pedestrian Accidents – Because they are completely unprotected in a collision with a moving vehicle, pedestrians are often seriously injured or even killed when they’re struck by any type of motor vehicle. In 2010, there were 4,280 pedestrian fatalities, averaging out to one death every 2 hours that year. Older adults and children are at a high risk of being injured or killed in a pedestrian accident, although anyone can suffer from this type of accident. Common factors in pedestrian accidents include reckless driving, limited field of vision, and lack of pedestrian walkways.
- Medical Malpractice – When medical professionals fail to provide the required level of care resulting in the death of a patient, the family may seek a wrongful death lawsuit based on facts that indicate a possible prescription error, misdiagnosis, emergency room error, surgical injury, misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis, or even medical equipment malfunction.
- Products Liability – The designers, manufacturers, distributors, and sellers of products must minimize the risk of harm from their products to the public. A death that results from faulty design, defective manufacturing process, or failure to warn of possible injuries or death can be the basis for a wrongful death lawsuit.
- Work Related Accidents –Any death that occurs in the workplace as a result of company negligence can be the basis of a wrongful death lawsuit, and these commonly include illness due to unsafe work environments, fires or explosions, faulty equipment, or improper training and machine related incidents.
How The Carlson Law Firm Can Help
When a loved one is lost, there is not enough compensation in the world to make up for the pain and suffering that is taking place. Families are forced to deal with logistical and expensive situations, such as a funeral and burial. An attorney from our firm can discuss this scenario with you and can take the burden upon ourselves. We can also aggressively pursue compensation for the lost loved one. We understand that this is a difficult and emotionally challenging situation, and therefore, we can fight right by your side. Our goal as wrongful death attorneys is to protect your rights and ensure that your family gets the compensation that you deserve.