Experience on your side
Emily has obtained multi-million-dollar trial verdicts as second-chair trial counsel against some of the nation’s largest companies, including 3M. She has litigated cases in state and federal courts across the country involving mass torts, high stakes product liability disputes, complex commercial litigation, complex first-party property insurance disputes, and RICO matters. She has helped her clients obtain more than $250 million in recoveries stemming from both trial verdicts and settlements.
Emily takes a proactive approach to every case in order to obtain the most efficient and beneficial result for her clients as possible. She has broad experience at all stages of litigation, including significant written and oral advocacy, as well as handling over 150 depositions as first-chair counsel. Most recently, Emily’s practice has focused on the representation of thousands of U.S. Military service members suing 3M Company for its defective Combat Arms Earplugs sold to the U.S. Military for upwards of 15-years. She has been co-counsel and an integral part of the trial teams responsible for obtaining recent verdicts against 3M Company, including:
- $55 million verdict – Ronald E. Sloan v. 3M, et. al., 7:20-cv-0001 (N.D. Fla.).
- $1.8 million verdict – Lloyd E. Baker v. 3M, et. al., 7:20-cv-0039 (N.D. Fla.).
- $7.1 million combined verdict – consolidated trial of Luke Estes (7:20-cv-0137), Stephen Hacker (7:20-cv-0131), and Lewis Keefer (7:20-cv-0104) v. 3M, et. al., (N.D. Fla.).
Emily’s background also includes significant experience in complex commercial and insurance litigation. Representing both individuals and corporations in a variety of civil, property, and tax matters. Notable victories include but are not limited to:
- Confidential $10+ million pre-litigation settlement of Hurricane Harvey first-party insurance dispute on behalf of YPI Properties.
- $10 million settlement obtained on behalf of Brownsville Independent School District in a complex insurance dispute against Texas Windstorm Insurance Association, et. al.
- Confidential multi-million dollar settlement on behalf of Cameron County Housing Authority in a complex insurance dispute against Texas Windstorm Insurance Association, et. al.
- Obtained National Flood Insurance Policy limits of $126,000.00 on behalf of Clydine Morgan, in the matter of Morgan v. Texas Farmers Insurance Company (covered by multiple news media outlets).
Emily graduated from the University of Texas at Austin, where she obtained a Bachelor of Science, was a Dean’s Honor Student, and a proud member of Alpha Epsilon Phi Sorority. She thereafter attended South Texas College of Law in Houston, Texas, where she was a Dean’s Honor student and an award-winning member of the school’s nationally-ranked Trial Advocacy program.
South Texas College of Law
The University of Texas at Austin
Memberships and Recognitions
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
State Bar of Texas
Contact a Round Rock Personal Injury Lawyer
If you or someone you love was injured, call our compassionate injury lawyers. You could be entitled to significant compensation.
We can investigate your claim to find all responsible parties. Fill out the contact form or give us a call at 512-671-7277 to schedule your free, no-obligation case evaluation.
The Carlson Law Firm in Round Rock, TX
1717 N Interstate Hwy 35 Suite 305
Round Rock, TX 78664