As our newest Partner, Ruth Rizkalla brings significant experience and victories to The Carlson Law Firm’s new Los Angeles office. She has leadership background in complex and mass torts litigations and has represented injured victims involving defective products and dangerous drugs and devices.
Experience on your side
Ruth has spent her almost two-decade career representing those injured through severe negligent acts of large corporations. She has served in multiple leadership positions in several coordinated complex and mass tort proceedings. Over her career, she has been appointed to positions in the following coordinated actions:
- Judge-appointed Co-Liaison Counsel for Zoloft JCCP 4771
- Judge-appointed Co-Liaison Counsel for Cymbalta JCCP 4825
- Judge-appointed Co-Lead Counsel for Xarelto JCCP 4862
- Judge-appointed Plaintiff’s Steering Committee Member for Pradaxa JCCP 4863
- Judge-appointed Plaintiff’s Steering Committee Member for 3M Earplugs MDL 2885
- Judge-appointed Plaintiff’s Steering Committee Member for Elmiron MDL 2973
- Judge-appointed Plaintiff’s Steering Committee Member for Paragard MDL 2974
- Judge-appointed Plaintiff’s Steering Committee Member for Acetaminophen – ASD-ADHD MDL 3043
- Judge-appointed Plaintiff’s Steering Committee Member for Social Media Adolescent Addiction/Personal Injury MDL 3047
Ruth has spoken and presented at multiple conferences and seminars, including:
- Elmiron MDL; American Association for Justice Education CLE
- Mass Torts Seminar; American Association for Justice Education CLE
- 3M Combat Earplugs Hearing Protection – the MDL; Harris Martin Publishing CLE Conferences
- 3M Combat Earplugs Litigation Conference: Military Discovery; Science and Other MDL 2885 Hurdles; Harris Martin Publishing CLE Conferences
- California Mass Tort and Class Action Conference: The Impact of Daimler and BMS-Plavix ; Harris Martin Publishing CLE Conferences
- Multi-district Litigation – Navigating the Landmines; Harris Martin Publishing CLE Conferences
- Acetaminophen ASD/ADHD Product Liability; Harris Martin Publishing CLE Conferences
Ruth has been interviewed and/or featured in several publications, including:
- “Mass Torts A to Z, Legal Industry Experts Reveal Everything Lawyers Need to Know to Start or Grow a Mass Torts Practice.”; Game Changer Publications
- ‘Women Empowering Women’: Touching Base With a New Wave of Leaders on the Plaintiff-Side of the Mass Torts and MDL Bar
- Ruth Rizkalla Credits Judges With Diversifying MDL Leadership. ‘A Judge’s Word Is Worth So Much More.’
- ‘I’m a Black Man’: Attorneys of Color Make Inroads in MDL Leadership
She graduated from Santa Clara University in 1998 with her B.S. and from the University of San Francisco with her Juris Doctorate in 2002. During the summer of 2000, Ms. Rizkalla attended the Udayana University School of Law in Bali, Indonesia and during the summer of 2001, she attended the Charles University School of Law in Prague, Czech Republic.
Ruth is admitted to practice in all California state courts, numerous Multi-district Litigation courts, and all California federal courts.
University of San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
Udayana University School of Law, Bali, Indonesia
Charles University School of Law, Prague, Czech Republic
Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, CA
Memberships and Recognitions
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Selected and recognized by the following professional organizations: Super Lawyers, Lawyers of Distinction, Best Lawyers, and Elite Lawyer.
- Named by Los Angeles Magazine as amongst a group of “Top Attorneys in Southern California”.
- Awarded The Wiley W. Manuel Pro Bono Award by The State Bar of California for volunteering significant time and expertise on behalf of low-income clients.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Women in Mass Torts, Member
Contact a Los Angeles Lawyer
If you need assistance navigating the legal system, call our compassionate attorneys. In addition to personal injury, we also handle family law and criminal defense.
Fill out the contact form or call us at 800-359-5690 to schedule your free, no-obligation case evaluation.