Personal Injury Lawyers in Waco, TX
Waco Personal Injury Lawyers
Waco, TX 76706
Compassionate Injury Lawyers in Waco, TX
After a serious accident, having an injury lawyer with trial experience is crucial to your recovery. The Carlson Law Firm has nearly 50 years of experience successfully representing clients against defendants like car insurance companies, big box stores, trucking corporations and more. Our Waco personal injury lawyers aggressively pursue justice for the wrongfully injured. The most important act you can do after an injury is assert your rights. Our compassionate injury lawyers are here to handle the details of your claim while you focus on your recovery.
Helping Injury Victims in Waco Since 1976
Not only is our injury staff a warm-hearted, caring team, but they are also ready to give you immediate legal assistance. Our team will get right to work on your behalf to preserve evidence, contact witnesses and gather proper documentation to maximize the financial outcome of your case.
Since 1976, The Carlson Law Firm has remained dedicated to our friends, family and neighbors in Waco and the surrounding communities like Lorena, Bruceville-Eddy, Marlin and throughout all of Central Texas. Our success is rooted in delivering exceptional legal representation while offering our signature customer service. We offer free, no-obligation case reviews—no matter the time of day. We’re available 24/7.
Our Waco Partner, Dominic Braus was named Waco’s Best Trial Attorney (2017, 2018 and 2021). He has also been named Waco Tribune Herald’s Best Attorney since 2019. As the cherry on top, The Carlson Law Firm was also named Waco’s Best Law Firm in 2020 and 2021.
The Waco Injury Attorneys advocate for their clients from a genuine place of concern for their physical, mental and financial recovery. Our team spends time with clients to understand their specific situations during an initial case evaluation. Clients can rest assured that their rights will be fiercely protected from the first meeting to the final resolution of their case. That resolution may come from a negotiated settlement or litigation in the courtroom.
Our personal injury lawyers don’t charge any upfront fees. Consultations are free, and we only collect attorneys fees if we successfully resolve your case.
The Waco lawyers at The Carlson Law Firm have been putting their heart and soul into helping their community for over 20 years. We are a small but mighty team. If you’ve been injured through little to no fault of your own, a Waco personal injury lawyer will be your guide through the legal process. Our Waco team has the resources needed to handle your legal case no matter what it takes.
With Carlson’s Waco injury lawyers, you’re never alone.
We are legal experts who have handled a wide range of personal injury cases, including those that involve:
- Motor Vehicle Wrecks. Our law office has recovered millions of dollars assisting with car accidents, motorcycle wrecks, drunk driving wrecks, company vehicle wrecks, pedestrian accidents and more.
- Premises liability. Those injured through slip and falls, dog bites, building code violations, attractive nuisance or any other premises liability claim should contact our firm.
- On-the-job injuries. We assist clients in need of representation after construction injuries, oil and gas field injuries, maritime injuries and other workplace injuries.
- Product liability. The Carlson Law Firm’s attorneys are record-breaking for defective motor vehicle recoveries. Our team has also helped families recover millions for button batteries, tool malfunctions, prescription medication and defective medical equipment.
Types of Cases We Handle in Waco, Texas
If you have been involved in any type of accident that has been caused by little to no fault of your own, we encourage you to share your story with our compassionate legal team. Medical bills can pile up; long-term medical devices are expensive—especially when you’ve had to miss work due to someone else’s negligence. Without legal representation, you could be risking your right to secure an economic recovery. A personal injury lawyer can ensure that you receive the money you need to cover these expenses. Our law firm handles a variety of personal injury cases, including but not limited to the following:
- Car accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Oilfield injuries and accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Premises liability
- Nursing home abuse
- Dangerous drugs
- Product liability
Our compassionate and experienced team of personal injury attorneys in Waco, TX can help you pursue maximum compensation after a life-changing accident. Pursuing justice on behalf of our clients is important to us. We work tirelessly and go the extra mile to secure the right outcome for our clients.
What is a Personal Injury?
In Texas, a personal injury lawsuit may be filed when your injuries were caused by another person’s misconduct or negligence. Instances where you may be injured include the following:
- Slip and falls
- Dog bites
- Workplace injuries
- Motor vehicle wrecks
- Defective equipment
- and more
Our personal injury lawyers see far more types of accidents than those listed. If you suspect you may have a claim because of circumstances that were not your fault, don’t hesitate to call The Carlson Law Firm. We offer free consultations to everyone who contacts us.
What damages can I recover?
In most cases, an injured person may be entitled to economic and non-economic damages.
A successful personal injury claim in Waco can provide financial compensation for all of your accident-related injuries. In Texas, the law allows injured victims to seek reimbursement for the following:
- Medical expenses. All medical costs related to your accident may be recovered, including doctor’s appointments, hospital visits, surgeries, treatments, medications and long-term medical care.
- Lost income and earning capacity. Both past and future lost wages can be recovered. In addition, our Waco personal injury lawyers may be able to help you recover compensation for future earning capacity due to temporary or permanent disabilities.
- Pain and suffering. Most don’t realize that pain and suffering includes both physical pain and suffering in addition to the emotional trauma of an injury. You may be able to recover for emotional distress, mental anguish, psychological trauma, and lost quality or enjoyment of life.
- Property damages. This may include repair or replacement of a vehicle in a car accident case, or it may include property damage in a dog bite case.
In addition, some personal injury lawsuits may also allow a plaintiff to collect punitive damages. These are damages on top of compensatory awards that are often intended to punish the defendant for gross negligence or malicious intent to harm. Call a Waco personal injury lawyer for an evaluation of the unique circumstance of your case.
How much does it cost to hire a personal injury lawyer?
For injury clients, you pay no upfront fees—no consultation fees and no billing fees. We only get paid if we successfully resolve your claim.
What is the lawsuit process?
Every personal injury case is unique. However, they typically follow the following steps:
- Investigate. In order to build your case, the first step your attorney will take is to gather documentation and evidence of your injuries. This includes collecting reports, scene examinations, insurance, photographs, and other records related to your claim.
- Negotiate. Once our attorneys have gathered the necessary information and evidence to prove your claim, we will begin negotiation talks with the defendant’s insurance company.
- Litigate. If the defendant’s insurance company fails to offer a fair settlement during negotiations, your attorney will be ready to present your case in a courtroom.
How long will my case take?
Generally speaking, injury claims can take anywhere from 18 months to several years to resolve — depending on the complexity of the claim. Your Carlson Law Firm legal team will explain the legal process to you and keep you updated along the way.
Why The Carlson Law Firm?
The Carlson Law Firm is recognized for its excellent customer service and outstanding legal representation. Each client is treated with the respect and dignity they deserve when they’ve been hurt through little to no fault of their own. Let our Waco injury law office handle the following so you can focus on your recovery.
- All injury cases are taken on a contingency basis. You only pay if we win!
- Our Waco injury attorneys have recovered millions in damages for past clients.
- We will communicate with the other driver’s insurance.
- Our team will gather evidence proving the at-fault party’s negligence.
- We will work with your doctors to ensure they provide the necessary medical information to prove damages.
- We can help you recover medical expenses.
- Our team will negotiate fair settlements.
- We will handle lien holds.
What is Negligence?
If a party fails to meet the level of care a reasonable person would exercise, then that is considered negligence.
Negligence is the centerpiece of most injury cases. To obtain compensation for your Waco personal injury, you or your accident lawyer may have to prove negligence. To do so, your attorney will need to prove the following elements:
- Duty of care
- Breach of duty
If you fail to establish the four elements of negligence, you will not be successful in securing compensation for your injuries.
Who is the best Waco Law Firm?
The Carlson Law Firm has been consistently voted the best law firm in Waco. We have 16 offices in Texas, all created with one idea: to deliver quality legal representation using the unique facts of your case. Our lawyers will sit down with you and discuss the specifics of your case to best help you navigate the complex American legal system. We have the resources to get you the best possible outcome by hiring experts, preserving evidence and investigating your case.
Your Personal Injury Lawyer in Waco, TX
A Team that Works Tirelessly for You
Companies deploy teams of lawyers immediately after an incident to deny or devalue your claim. They may even try to place the blame on you for their negligence. You need a team with the same mission. The Carlson Law Firm’s attorneys, legal assistants, nurses, private investigators and support staff are available around the clock to take your call. We’re here to help you, no matter what.
Advocates for Mental Health
We take our titles as counselors at law seriously. Our Waco personal injury lawyers are here to guide you through the aftermath of traumatic events in cases of serious wrongdoing. We are a team known for both our compassion and victories. We are committed to seeing our clients recover physically, mentally and financially.
Helping People. Helping Families. Helping Texans.
For nearly 50 years, we’ve represented families across Texas with the same enthusiasm for justice we continue to carry today. Our clients will tell you that a Carlson Law Firm attorney is the type of attorney you need on your team. We will fight to get you the much-needed medical compensation to ensure you can afford lifestyle accommodations after lifelong injuries—we’re the team that is here for you. Clients trust us to find the answers, get results and get you started on the journey to rebuilding your life.
When you need someone in your corner, we’re here.
Waco’s Best Law Firm
The Carlson Law Firm in Waco is consistently voted one of the best law firms and lawyers by our clients and neighbors because of the award-winning service we provide. Schedule your free consultation today.
Contact a Waco Personal Injury Lawyer
Living in pain? We can help. Sometimes no one can understand the pain you are feeling. We’re here to be your advocates. In addition to the complexities of our legal system, we know that it can sometimes be difficult to find the language to describe just how injured you are. In fact, when you’re dealing with doctor visits, talking with the insurance company can add unneeded stress.
Our caring attorneys know that struggling with the pain of a personal injury is overwhelming. We’re here to lift the burden of dealing with insurance companies so that you can focus on your recovery. You can be confident that our proven legal team will get you the compensation you are owed.
We can investigate your claim to find all responsible parties. Fill out the contact form or call us at 254-772-5653 to schedule your free, no-obligation case evaluation.
The Carlson Law Firm in Waco, TX
Waco, TX 76706