Car Accident Lawyer in Waco, Texas
With more than 144,000 residents, Waco, Texas sits on the I-35 corridor about halfway between Dallas and Austin. With its sizable population and a major interstate running through its city limits, the city sees a significant amount of traffic from both local residents and long-haul traffic. As a result, the drivers within Waco city limits are at risk of being involved in a major car crash—particularly with large trucks or company vehicles. A Waco Car Accident Lawyer From The Carlson Law Firm can help you hold another driver accountable when they fail to obey speed limits, traffic signs or drive under the influence.
Car crashes result in serious injuries that have the potential to negatively affect you for the rest of your life. In fact, car crash injuries are the eighth leading cause of death for all age groups. If you were involved in a car crash that left you with significant injuries and medical bills, call a compassionate Waco car accident lawyer to schedule your free case evaluation.
Why Choose Your Waco Law Office?
The car accident lawyers at The Carlson Law Firm have been consistently voted the best of the best by local polls. We offer skilled, compassionate, and experienced legal representation for clients who have been injured.
Why choose our Waco auto accident attorneys?
- All injury cases are taken on a contingency basis. You only pay if we win!
- Our Waco injury lawyers have recovered millions in damages for past clients.
- We will communicate with the other driver’s insurance.
- Our team will gather evidence proving the at-fault party’s negligence.
- We will work with your doctors to ensure they provide the necessary medical information to prove damages.
- We can help you recover medical expenses.
- Our team will negotiate fair settlements.
- We will handle lien holds.
Call our team today to see for yourself why we’re considered one of the best law firms in Waco, Texas.
Types of Cases our Waco Car Accident Attorneys Handle
Currently, Waco is the 23rd largest city in Texas and its population numbers are expected to grow by an annual rate of 2.07%. Additionally, an Amazon fulfillment center is under construction within the city’s limits at Bagby Avenue and Exchange Parkway. Once the fulfillment center opens, it’s expected to create more than 1,000 new full-time jobs and bring more traffic along with it. The common causes of car wrecks in Waco are the result of driver negligence. The Waco injury lawyers at The Carlson Law Firm often see injuries from the following types of driver negligence:
- Drug use
- Failure to yield the ride of way
- Inattention to traffic signs and signals
- Cell phone use
We’ve been representing car accident victims for over 40 years. Our team of highly-skilled car accident attorneys is able to handle a variety of auto collision cases. One of our attorneys can help you if you’ve been involved in one of the following accidents:
A Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me
Thousands of 18-wheelers drive through Waco every day. Because of their large size and heavy loads,18-wheelers and other company vehicles lead to some of the most severe and deadly crashes on the road. A fully loaded big rig can weigh as much as 80,000 pounds. Victims of trucking crashes are more likely to suffer from catastrophic injury and death.
What are the common causes of Trucking crashes in Waco, Texas?
Truck drivers are required to undergo specialized training in safety and federal regulations that establish the minimum safety procedures for both drivers and their companies. Unfortunately, there are many companies that have unrealistic and unsafe requirements for their drivers. When companies put profit ahead of safety, it threatens the well-being of other motorists on the road. Any of the following conditions can lead to a trucking crash:
- Driver fatigue
- Overloaded trucks
- Inattention to traffic
With road projects underway in Waco, it’s important for 18-wheeler operators to pay close attention to the road conditions and follow federal regulations. If you were injured in an 18-wheeler crash, call a Waco car accident lawyer at 254-772-5653.
Waco’s Amazon Fulfillment Center
With Waco set to be a hub for Amazon, locals can expect an increase in company vehicles in Waco, Woodway, Bellmead and the surrounding areas. In addition to an increase in vehicles on the road, the fulfillment center is expected to bring 1,000 jobs to Waco. As more vehicles are on the road, there are likely to be more car crashes, particularly with company vehicles.
Currently, the center is under construction on a more than 90-acre site at 2000 Exchange Parkway—just west of the Baylor Scott & White Hillcrest Medical Center. The new fulfillment center is scheduled to open in 2021.
To discuss your company vehicle claim with a qualified injury lawyer contact The Carlson Law Firm.
What should I do if I’m hit by an Amazon delivery vehicle?
If you were involved in an accident with an Amazon delivery vehicle, it is important that you take steps on the scene to preserve evidence that will be beneficial in pursuing your claim. While many of the steps in the aftermath of an Amazon car crash are the same as any other Waco car accident, there are some slight differences. If you’ve been involved in a car accident with an Amazon delivery vehicle, our Waco Car Accident Lawyers recommend the following:
- Photograph the scene, including surrounding areas.
- Photograph visible injuries you and your passenger sustained.
- Get the at-fault driver’s information, including insurance information.
- Collect witness information.
- File an accident report with the police.
- Depending on the type of Amazon delivery vehicle, a report may need to be filed with the company.
- Get treatment for your injuries.
- Contact a qualified Waco Car Accident Lawyer to handle the day-to-day negotiations of your claim.
Before contacting an insurance adjuster, it is important that you speak with a car accident lawyer. Hiring an attorney immediately after a crash means you can be certain that you have someone on your side who is ensuring your claim is taken seriously. When you’ve been injured by an Amazon delivery vehicle, you are entitled to the same type of compensation that you would be for any other kind of injury claim. Our Waco car accident lawyers will handle your claim so you can focus on your recovery.
A Waco Truck Accident Lawyer Who Gets Results
Trucking accident litigation requires extensive knowledge, skill and resources. Crashes involving company vehicles are expensive to investigate and can lead to a lengthy process. As a result, lawyers without experience may not know what to look for or they may have limited resources to full prove your case. For this reason, it is imperative that you hire a Truck Accident Lawyer in Waco who is backed by a firm with the resources and knowledge to fully represent you in your claim.
What will a Truck Accident Lawyer do?
If you’ve been injured in a crash involving a semi-truck, delivery truck or another company vehicle, a Truck Accident Lawyer will do the following:
- A Truck Accident Lawyer will examine the scene of the crash. To do this, we will analyze the truck, your vehicle, review police reports and witness statements. Additionally, we will look at data and information stored in the company vehicle’s computer systems to find out speed, braking and other information provided in the vehicle’s black box.
- Next, our skilled team will determine liability. Using the information gathered, we will determine who is liable for your injuries. Liability can rest on the truck driver, the owner of the vehicle, the person or company that employs the driver or even the vehicle’s manufacturer.
- Assert our experience and knowledge of state and federal regulation. Our team of Truck Accident Lawyers and the legal team that backs them are knowledgeable about federal regulations that govern company vehicles and the trucking industry. Through our research, we will uncover and violations by the driver or company that may have led to your injuries.
- Identify your damages. As injury lawyers, we know that injuries from a trucking crash extend beyond the physical. Your physical injury can range from minor to severe injuries that require surgery. In addition, you may be entitled to compensation for property damage and emotional trauma.
- File a lawsuit if needed. A Truck Accident Lawyer from The Carlson Law Firm is a trial lawyer. When an insurance company is not offering you a fair offer, our lawyers are prepared to take your case before a judge and jury to ensure your voice is heard and you get the money you are owed.
The Danger of Waco Trucking Crashes
Because of their large size and heavyweight, company vehicle or trucking crashes lead to some of the most severe injuries in roadway collisions. We understand that when you are injured in a crash that you may be unable to come into our office for a consultation. Members of our legal team are happy to meet with you wherever you are. No matter if you are recovering in the hospital, at home or still at the scene of the accident, we will meet with you to make sure you get the legal representation you need as soon as possible.
A skilled trucking accident lawyer will know what type of damages to seek to help you get as close to your pre-accident life as possible.
What Does it Take to Prove Negligence After a Car Crash?
Negligence is defined as the failure to use ordinary care or failing to do what a person of ordinary prudence would have done under the same or similar circumstances.
To prove negligence, an injured party generally has to prove four points to show that a person at fault is liable for their injuries:
- Duty: The defendant owed a legal duty to the plaintiff under the circumstances
- Breach: The defendant breached that legal duty by acting or failing to act in a certain way
- Causation: It was the defendant’s actions (or inaction) that actually caused the plaintiff’s injury
- Damages: The defendant’s actions harmed or injured the plaintiff
When you call to speak with a car accident attorney in our Waco office, we will immediately get to work investigating your claims. A Waco car accident attorney must first establish that the person who caused the wreck was negligent in order for you to collect compensation for your injuries.
Contact a Waco Car Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one were injured in a car or trucking crash in Waco, Texas, call one of our Waco car accident lawyers at 254-772-5653 or fill out a contact form. Speaking with an injury attorney from The Carlson Law Firm is free and there is no risk in scheduling a time to discuss your legal options after a car or truck accident.
We are Lawyers with Compassion
The Carlson Law Firm’s Waco location boasts a board-certified injury to assist in your legal journey. Dominic Braus has been voted by best Trial Attorney by Waco residents. In addition, Braus and Waco Associate Ryan Luna have both received recognition for Top 100 Verdicts and settlements in Texas.
We Support our Waco Neighbors!
How a Car Accident Lawyer at The Carlson Law Firm Can Help You
At The Carlson Law Firm, our clients come first. From the first moment you contact us, we will show you why we are the right choice. A car accident lawyer understands the toll that a motor vehicle crash takes on you. We understand the new challenges you will face after a car wreck. A car wreck attorney from The Carlson Law firm is here to help you. We can get you just compensation for your injuries or loss of a loved one with an auto injury lawsuit. The Carlson Law Firm has more than 40 years of experience in personal injury law. Additionally, our accomplished Texas personal injury lawyers have successfully represented thousands of complex personal injury claims.
We also help our clients pursue wrongful death claims against at-fault drivers in order to get justice for their loved ones and provide future security for their families. With 13 locations statewide, The Carlson Law Firm has a car accident attorney ready to handle your case.
We have a legal team that can provide you the answers you need if you’re wondering if an auto accident lawsuit is the right choice for you. Our legal team has a wide range of skills for your benefit. We have a 40 year proven history of success in recovering compensation for car crash victims. A car accident lawyer will fight for the maximum amount of compensation available. Moreover, our team will work tirelessly to achieve a resolution that can allow you to fully recover from your injuries. Contact a Texas car accident lawyer from our firm at your earliest convenience.