Killeen Car Accident Lawyers
Were you injured in a car accident in Killeen, Texas? If the answer is yes, the attorneys at The Carlson Law Firm can help you recover the money you deserve. Our team of attorneys, legal assistants, nurses and investigators will take a detailed look at your case. We will help you every step of the way through the physical and financial recovery process. Contact our Killeen law office today to schedule a free consultation with one of our car accident lawyers.
Injury Attorneys Near You
Since 1976, Killeen has been the home of The Carlson Law Firm. During this time, we’ve established ourselves as the injury lawyers to call when you want the best possible outcome on your case. For six consecutive years, our injury law office has been voted Best Law Firm in Central Texas by Killeen Daily Herald readers. We provide skilled and experienced legal representation for injury clients.
Why choose our legal team?
- All injury cases are taken on a contingency basis. You only pay if we win!
- Our Killeen injury attorneys have recovered millions in damages for past clients.
- We will communicate with the other driver’s insurance.
- Our team will gather evidence proving the at-fault party’s negligence.
- We will work with your doctors to ensure they provide the necessary medical information to prove damages.
- We can help you recover medical expenses.
- Our team will negotiate fair settlements.
- We will handle lien holds.
Finally, our attorneys are trial attorneys. Our law offices have the resources to provide the kind of legal representation you deserve to get the resolution you actually deserve.
FAQ: Car Accident Resources
Is it worth getting an attorney for an injury?
Any time you suffer an injury in a crash, you should consult with an injury attorney. Consulting with an attorney is the best way to receive sound legal advice to get the compensation you deserve.
What is considered a catastrophic injury after a wreck?
As mentioned above, speeding is one of the leading causes of crashes in Killeen. Often, car crashes at high speeds lead to more severe injuries. Catastrophic injuries are generally considered anything that leaves a victim permanently injured.
A qualified injury lawyer can help if you’ve suffered the following catastrophic injuries:
- Damage to internal organs
- Damage to orthopedic function
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
There are significant lifelong costs associated with catastrophic injuries. With the cost of living rising in the Central Texas area, it’s important you hire a catastrophic injury attorney who can get you the compensation needed to live a life as close to normal as possible.
When should I hire an attorney for a collision?
You should contact an attorney the moment you realize you’re injured or a loved one has been seriously injured or killed in a car crash.
How much do car accident lawyers charge?
You are not charged a penny unless we successfully resolve your case.
When you come to The Carlson Law Firm there is absolutely no risk to you. Our injury attorneys work on contingency meaning you will not pay any upfront costs or legal fees unless we obtain compensation for you. You can also speak with your attorney about help with medical bills. Hiring one of our Killeen injury lawyers means there will be no out-of-pocket expenses for you.
What is a reasonable injury settlement in Killeen, Texas?
The specifics of your case are unique and can influence how the insurance company will value your claim in its assessment. Additionally, the value of your claim may increase once you hire a car accident lawyer. On average, insurance companies pay out 3.5 times more when an attorney is involved in your case. Importantly, the information you may find online with a range of settlement numbers may not apply to your claim. For this reason, it’s best to speak with a lawyer at 254-526-5688 to discuss your potential claim through a FREE case evaluation.
We highly recommend that you do not try to settle or negotiate an injury claim with an insurance company on your own.
Do I have a case? How can I contact a car wreck lawyer?
If you were injured enough to go to the doctor, you may have a case. An injury lawyer from our team can help you take on the insurance company. The Carlson Law Firm has more than 40 trial lawyers who have successfully resolved thousands of cases and recovered millions of dollars for area clients. We care. We can help.
Call our Killeen law office today at 254-526-5688 or fill out our online contact form to schedule a free case review with a Killeen car accident lawyer.
Should I get a lawyer for a car crash that wasn’t my fault?
Yes. When someone harms or injures you, you have the right to hire a lawyer and seek compensation. It doesn’t matter where you were injured—in Killeen or anywhere else in Texas, one of our attorneys will be able to represent you.
How long after a wreck can you sue in Texas?
Generally speaking, Texas allows you two years to file a lawsuit related. For this reason, speaking with a legal professional as soon as possible after your accident is important.
Further, an attorney can help preserve evidence to help prove your claim. Consultations are free and we are available 24/7.
Who Can I Hold Accountable After a Car Crash?
There are several parties that our firm has successfully held accountable for negligent driving:
- Government agencies
- Employers of negligent parties
- Trucking companies
- Bus drivers
- Company vehicles
- Delivery drivers
- Uber drivers
The Carlson Law Firm has a reputation for handling complex motor vehicle crash cases—even among other law firms. We have successfully handled motor vehicle accidents involving the U.S. Military at Fort Hood, Texas, the City of Killeen and local police departments.
Negligent Drivers are Always Unexpected
Injuries happen when you least expect it. Even the best drivers in the world can become victims to the negligence of others. Negligence is the leading cause of car wrecks and may be apparent in the following ways:
- Drug use
- Distracted driving
- Fatigue driving
- Defective Equipment
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Dangerous roads
- Inattention to traffic signs and signals
No matter the cause of you wreck, you may be entitled to monetary payments from the at-fault party. Our legal team can seek compensation for you.
Greater Killeen Area Car Crash Statistics
Every day, first responders on the I-14 corridor see different types of car crashes. Some are minor and don’t leave much damage to the people or property involved. Others are major and can cause severe injury or death to those involved. If you or a loved one has been involved in a wreck that has resulted in personal injuries, it is important you discuss your situation with an injury lawyer right away. As a victim, you may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, pain, suffering, disfigurement, and future medical procedures.
A study conducted by outdoorsy.com using data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration found that Killeen has some of the country’s most dangerous drivers. According to the research, Killeen drivers are 3.9% more likely to experience a traffic crash compared to the rest of the nation.
Other notable statistics about Killeen car crashes include the following:
- At least 70% of the traffic crashes that occurred in Killeen resulted in some sort of injury.
- There were 17 fatal crashes within city limits.
- 8.1 car accident fatalities for every 100k residents
- There were 2,102 wrecks in 2020.
Harker Heights, Texas
The following are notable Harker Heights motor vehicle collision statistics from 2020:
- A little more than 50% of car crashes resulted in an injury.
- There were zero fatalities within city limits.
- There were 401 car crashes in Harker Heights in 2020.
Copperas Cove, Texas
The following are notable statistics about Copperas Cove car crashes from 2020:
- Approximately 46% of crashes resulted in an injury.
- There were 3 fatalities within city limits.
- There were 378 car crashes in Copperas Cove in 2020.
The following are notable statistics about car crashes in Nolanville:
- Approximately 55% of car accidents in Nolanville resulted in an injury.
- There were 2 fatalities within the city’s limits.
- There were 169 car crashes in Nolanville in 2020.
Fort Hood, Texas
Fort Hood is a significant economic driver in the greater Killeen area. Across the entire post, the posted speed limit is 30. Even with posted speeds this low, Fort Hood experiences some of the most severe auto accidents our attorneys see. The severity of these crashes can be attributed to the size of military vehicles such as tanks. The Carlson Law Firm has represented clients who have been hurt in a Fort Hood, Texas wreck and helped recover millions of dollars.
Why Contact Your Killeen Car Accident Lawyers?
Choosing the right attorney is crucial and it can feel overwhelming. The best personal injury lawyer for your case will have these characteristics:
- Compassionate – After a car wreck, you are dealing with significant pain and stress. The best attorney will be empathetic about your mental and physical health to provide compassionate care as they guide you through the complex legal system.
- Responsive – You need an attorney who will answer your questions, return your calls and communicate openly. The size of our firm allows us to be 100% responsive to our clients’ needs.
- Involved – A lawyer who is on top of your case will be involved in every aspect of your case.
- Trial experience – When you’re deciding on a lawyer, it’s important that you find a lawyer with a track record of success in the courtroom. A lawyer with trial experience is paramount to ensuring the value of your case is maximized.
- Good reputation – Your attorney should have a good standing among current and past clients, as well as a stellar reputation among their peers.
How Can I Contact a Car Accident Lawyer Near Me?
Our attorneys are available 24/7. Give us a call at 254-526-5688, or fill out a contact form if you or a loved one is suffering from injuries. Our Killeen law office serves Lampasas, Copperas Cove, Harker Heights, Fort Hood, Nolanville, Gatesville, Florence, and any of the surrounding areas along the I-14 corridor.
The Carlson Law Firm’s injury lawyers are located at 100 E. Central Texas Expy Killeen, TX 76541. We have the resources to come to you, meet virtually or over the phone if you’re unable to come to our office.
Schedule a free consultation with the law firm voted the best in Central Texas.
What should I do if I was involved in a Killeen Car Accident?
It is important that you know what to do in the unfortunate event you are involved in a car crash.
If you’re injured on a Bell County road, our injury attorneys urge you to do the following:
- Stay put: Your first reaction may be to leave and get help or go somewhere safe. Leaving the scene of a motor vehicle wreck, especially if there is an injury or death, can bring about serious criminal charges.
- Assess the damage: The safety of yourself and those around you after a car crash is vital. Make sure you, and those affected by the accident, stay out of harm’s way of other vehicles that may still be in the vicinity. This will prevent additional collisions.
- Contact the authorities: By calling 9-1-1, you are making sure you get the medical care you need, as soon as possible.
- Watch what you say (and sign): Never apologize or sign anything taking responsibility for a wreck until you have consulted an experienced auto accident lawyer first.
- Gather information: It’s important to gather information from other parties involved in a car collision. Make sure to note the names, contact information and driver’s license number of other drivers, passengers, and even witnesses.
- Collect evidence: Pictures of your car and the scene of the crash can be an important resource later to prove damages. Make sure you take pictures of the entire scene, including street signs and roadways.
- Get help from an injury lawyer: Reach out to a Killeen car accident lawyer who is skilled in this type of matter. An experienced car crash lawyer from The Carlson Law Firm will put your health first. Additionally, we will handle your auto accident lawsuit for you, so that you can focus on what really matters: your recovery.
For a step-by-step guide on how to document the scene of your crash, view our Car Accident Checklist.
What common car accident Injuries can I recover money for?
The severity of your injuries depends on the type of crash; as well as the severity of the impact. Common car wreck injuries include the following:
- Head: Eye injuries, partial vision loss, concussion, facial or jaw fractures and dental injuries.
- Neck and Back: Whiplash, strained muscles, and disk injuries.
- Abdominal: Injuries to abdominal organs including the liver, spleen, and kidneys.
- Broken Bones: High impact crashes commonly cause Tibia/fibula, femur, rib, hip, pelvis, facial and back fractures.
- Leg and Knee: Bruises, fractures, and meniscus tears.
- Feet: Ankles, feet, and toes can be strained, sprained or broken.
- Disfigurement: One of the most common severe injuries sustained in car accidents.
- Catastrophic Injuries: Auto accidents are the leading cause of catastrophic personal injuries. These injuries typically have a life-long effect.
Because there are so many different types of injuries that you can suffer as a result of a car crash, it is important you seek an examination from a medical professional as soon as possible. A doctor will be able to diagnose the type and extent of any unseen injuries. Even if you do not believe that you suffered an injury, it is still a good practice to visit a doctor or other qualified medical professional.
Proving the Other Driver's Negligence
When you suffer crash injuries, your injury attorney must establish that the person who caused the wreck was negligent.
Under Texas law, this is the only way you can collect compensation for your injuries. By definition, negligence is the failure to use ordinary care. In other words, when a person or business fails to do what a person of ordinary prudence would have done under the same or similar circumstances they are negligent.
How to determine negligence after a collision
In order to win a negligence case, your injury lawyer will look for the following elements:
- Duty: The defendant owed a legal duty to the plaintiff under the circumstances
- Breach: The defendant breached that legal duty by acting or failing to act in a certain way
- Causation: It was the defendant’s actions (or inaction) that actually caused the plaintiff’s injury
- Damages: The defendant’s actions harmed or injured the plaintiff
Injuries from a car crash are more than physical. Injuries can seriously affect mental health. For this reason, the law generally allows for you to collect several types of damages when you’ve suffered harm and losses. An injury attorney will be able to help you determine the type of compensation you may be eligible to receive for your injuries.
The Carlson Law Firm’s personal injury attorneys work tirelessly on behalf of our clients. Our injury attorneys will look over every detail in your case to determine available compensation. Once we’ve done this, we will provide compassionate legal counsel to help you determine your next legal step.
At The Carlson Law Firm, an injury awyer from our team will help you to file a claim to recover compensation for:
Carlson: A Community-Focused Law Firm
At The Carlson Law Firm, our clients come first. From the moment you contact us, we will show you why we are the right choice.
The Carlson Law Firm has more than 45 years of experience in personal injury law—experience that started right here in Killeen, Texas. Additionally, our accomplished injury lawyers have successfully recovered millions of dollars for people right here in our own community.
We have a legal team that can provide you the answers you need if you’re wondering if a lawsuit is the right choice for you. As one of the largest injury firms in Central Texas, our attorneys and staff offer a wide range of skills that benefit you. Let us help you by advocating for the maximum amount of compensation available in your claim.
We’ll take on the insurance company, so you can focus on your recovery.
We support our Killeen neighbors!
The Carlson Law Firm has been named “Business of the Year” by the Killeen Chamber of Commerce. In addition, our firm continues to support our community through our charitable organization Carlson Cares. We actively build community relationships through the following:
- Supporting Families in Crisis
- Donating to Communities in Schools
- Sponsoring the Cen-Tex Race Series
- Our annual Veteran’s Day Food Truck Rally
- Hosting car seat checks
- Volunteering with local non-profit organizations
- Supporting local elementary schools
For 45 years, The Carlson Law Firm has represented personal injury victims in Killeen, Harker Heights, Copperas Cove, Nolanville, Fort Hood and beyond. Our firm first opened its doors in Killeen in 1976. Since then, we have helped thousands of Bell County residents recover millions of dollars in the aftermath of car collisions.
A skilled Killeen car accident lawyer at The Carlson Law Firm can help you prove the other driver is at fault. Our team of attorneys, nurses, and investigators will take a detailed look at your case. In addition, we will help you every step of the way through the physical and financial recovery process.