Car Accident Attorneys in Killeen, Texas
Killeen is seeing an increase in the number of car accidents reported every year. Your life can change in a split second because of another driver’s failure to pay attention, failure to follow posted signs or choose to drive under the influence. Car accidents can have lasting effects on your ability to live a happy and fulfilled life, but a good attorney will understand your losses and help start you on the road to recovery.
Every day, our local first responders see many different types of car accidents. Some are minor and leave much damage to the people or property involved. Others are major and can cause severe injury or death to those involved. If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident that has resulted in personal injuries, it is important you discuss your situation with a car accident lawyer right away. As a victim, you may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, pain, suffering and future medical procedures.
A car accident attorney at The Carlson Law Firm can help you prove the other driver is at fault. Our team of attorneys, nurses and investigators will take a detailed look at your case. We will help you every step of the way through the physical and financial recovery process. Contact our team today for a free consultation.
Why Choose Carlson For Your Killeen Car Accident Lawyer
Knowing the right injury lawyer to call can make all the difference in your case. The Carlson Law Firm has been voted Best Law Firm in Central Texas by Killeen Daily Herald readers because we provide skilled and experienced legal representation for injury clients. A Killeen car accident lawyer will do the following:
- Handle your case with no upfront costs to you.
- Communicate with the other driver’s insurance.
- Gather evidence proving the at-fault party’s negligence.
- Work with your doctors to ensure they provide the necessary medical information to prove damages.
- Help you recover medical expenses.
- Negotiate fair settlements.
- Handle lien holds.
Our attorneys are trial attorneys. In fact, this is what sets The Carlson Law Firm apart from other law firms in the area. We are unafraid to take your case to court if the insurance company is offering an unfair settlement. Contact us today for a free legal consultation.
Who Can I Hold Accountable After a Car Crash?
There are several parties who can be held accountable for the injuries you sustained from another driver’s negligence. For this reason, it is incredibly important that you hire a qualified Killeen Car Accident Lawyer to investigate your case and identify all responsible parties. This is not something you can do on your own. Our firm has in-house private investigators who are prepared to gather all necessary information. In addition to the driver of another passenger vehicle, our team of legal professionals may find the following parties contributed to the circumstances around your crash:
- Government agencies
- Employers of negligent parties
- Trucking companies
- Bus drivers
- Company vehicles
- Delivery drivers
- Uber drivers
The Carlson Law Firm has a reputation for handling complex motor vehicle crash cases—even among other law firms. We have successfully handled car accident cases involving the U.S. Military at Fort Hood, Texas, the City of Killeen and local police departments. You may not know if your case calls the experience of a trial attorney, but no matter what your case calls for, The Carlson Law Firm has a team of more than 40 attorneys ready to offer compassionate legal assistance.
Types of Crashes Killeen Car Accident Attorneys Handle
Killeen currently has a population of 150,000. However, experts say that the Killeen population is projected to balloon to 180,000 by 2030—bringing more drivers and traffic to the city. The common causes of car wrecks in Killeen are from driver negligence. The injury lawyers in our Killeen office often see injuries from the following types of driver negligence:
- Drug use
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Inattention to traffic signs and signals
We’ve been representing injured victims from our Principal Office for over 40 years. Our team of highly skilled auto wreck attorneys is able to handle a variety of auto collision cases.
Our Killeen injury attorneys can help you if you’ve been involved in one of the following accidents:
Greater Killeen Area Car Crash Statistics
The following are notable Killeen car accident statistics from 2020:
- At least 70% of the traffic crashes that occurred in Killeen resulted in some sort of injury.
- There were 17 fatal crashes in city limits.
- 18 fatalities in Killeen car crashes.
- There were 2,102 car accidents in 2020.
Harker Heights, Texas
The following are notable Harker Heights car accident statistics from 2020:
- A little more than 50% of car crashes resulted in an injury.
- There were zero fatalities in city limits.
- There were 401 car crashes in Harker Heights in 2020.
Copperas Cove, Texas
The following are notable statistics about Copperas Cove car crashes from 2020:
- Approximately 46% of crashes resulted in an injury.
- There were 3 fatalities in city limits.
- There were 378 car crashes in Copperas Cove in 2020.
The following are notable statistics about car crashes in Nolanville:
- Approximately 55% of car accidents in Nolanville resulted in an injury.
- There were 2 fatalities within the city’s limits.
- There were 169 car crashes in Nolanville in 2020.
Fort Hood, Texas
Fort Hood is a significant economic driver in the greater Killeen area. Across the entire post, the posted speed limit is 30. Even with speeds this low, Fort Hood experiences some of the most severe auto accidents our injury attorneys see. The severity of these crashes can be attributed to the size of military vehicles such as tanks. The Carlson Law Firm has represented clients who have been hurt in a Fort Hood, Texas car accident and helped recover millions of dollars.
Contact a Killeen Car Accident Lawyer
Contact a Killeen Car Accident attorney at 254-526-5688, or fill out a contact form if you or a loved one is suffering from injuries.
The Carlson Law Firm in Killeen is located at 100 E. Central Texas Expy Killeen, TX 76541.
Schedule a free consultation with the law firm voted the best in Central Texas.
What should I do if I was involved in a Killeen Car Accident?
It is important that you know what to do in the unfortunate event you are involved in a car crash.
If you’re in a car accident in Killeen, our injury attorneys urge you to do the following:
- Stay put: Your first reaction may be to leave and get help or go somewhere safe. Leaving the scene of a car accident, especially if there is an injury or death, can bring about serious criminal charges.
- Assess the damage: The safety of yourself and those around you after a car crash is vital. Make sure you, and those affected by the accident, stay out of harm’s way of other vehicles that may still be in the vicinity. This will prevent additional collisions.
- Contact the authorities: By calling 9-1-1, you are making sure you get the medical care you need, as soon as possible.
- Watch what you say (and sign): Never apologize or sign anything taking responsibility for a wreck until you have consulted an experienced auto accident lawyer first.
- Gather information: It’s important to gather the information from other parties involved in a car collision. Make sure to note the names, contact information and driver’s license number of other drivers, passengers, and even witnesses.
- Collect evidence: Pictures of your car and the scene of the crash can be an important resource later to prove damages. Make sure you take pictures of the entire scene, including street signs and roadways.
- Get help from a Car Accident Lawyer: Reach out to a Temple car accident lawyer who is skilled in this type of matter. An experienced car crash lawyer from The Carlson Law Firm will put your health first. Additionally, we will handle your auto accident lawsuit for you, so that you can focus on what really matters: your recovery.
For a step-by-step guide on how to document the scene of your crash, view our Car Accident Checklist.
Contact a Killeen Car Accident Lawyer
Contact a Killeen Car Accident attorney at 254-526-5688, or fill out a car accident contact form if you or a loved one is suffering from injuries.
The Carlson Law Firm in Killeen is located at 100 E. Central Texas Expy Killeen, TX 76541.
Schedule a free consultation with the law firm voted best in town.
What common car accident Injuries can I recover money for?
Unfortunately, car accidents on Central Texas roadways can cause injury to almost every part of the body. However, the severity of your injuries depends on the type of crash; as well as the severity of the impact. Common car accident injuries include the following:
- Head: Eye injuries, partial vision loss, concussion, facial or jaw fractures and dental injuries
- Neck and Back: Whiplash, strained muscles, and disk injuries
- Abdominal: Injuries to abdominal organs including the liver, spleen, and kidneys
- Broken Bones: Tibia/fibula, femur, rib, hip, pelvis, facial and back fractures are most commonly caused by high-impact crashes.
- Leg and Knee: Bruises, fractures, and meniscus tears
- Feet: Ankles, feet, and toes can be strained, sprained or broken
- Catastrophic Injuries: Auto accidents are the leading cause of catastrophic personal injuries. These injuries typically have a life-long effect.
Because there are so many different types of car accident injuries that you can suffer a result of a car crash, it is important you seek an examination from a medical professional as soon as possible. A doctor will be able to diagnose the type and extent of any injuries or confirm that no injuries occurred. Even if you do not believe that you suffered an injury, it is still a good practice to visit a doctor or other qualified medical professional.
Proving the Other Driver's Negligence
When you suffer car crash injuries, your injury attorney must establish that the person who caused the wreck was negligent in order for you to collect compensation for your injuries. By definition, negligence is the failure to use ordinary care. In other words, when a person or business fails to do what a person of ordinary prudence would have done under the same or similar circumstances they are negligent.
How to determine negligence after a car accident
In order to win a negligence case, your injury lawyer will look for the following elements:
- Duty: The defendant owed a legal duty to the plaintiff under the circumstances
- Breach: The defendant breached that legal duty by acting or failing to act in a certain way
- Causation: It was the defendant’s actions (or inaction) that actually caused the plaintiff’s injury
- Damages: The defendant’s actions harmed or injured the plaintiff
Injuries from a car crash are more than physical. When you’ve been hurt in a Killeen car accident your mental health can be seriously affected. For this reason, the law generally allows for you to collect several types of damages when you’ve suffered harm and losses. An injury attorney will be able to help you determine the type of compensation you may be eligible to receive for your injuries.
The Carlson Law Firm’s personal injury attorneys work tirelessly on behalf of our clients. Our injury attorneys will look over every detail in your case to determine available compensation. Once we’ve done this, we will provide compassionate legal counsel to help you determine your next legal step.
At The Carlson Law Firm, a car accident lawyer from our team will help you to file a claim to recover compensation for:
Killeen Car Accident FAQs
Is it worth getting an attorney for a Killeen car accident?
Any time you suffer an injury in a crash, you should consult with a Killeen car accident lawyer. Consulting with an attorney is the best way to receive sound legal advice to get the compensation you deserve.
What is considered a catastrophic injury after a Killeen car accident?
As mentioned above, speeding is one of the leading causes of crashes in Killeen. Often, car crashes at high speeds lead to more severe injuries. Catastrophic injuries are generally considered anything that leaves a victim permanently injured. A qualified Killeen car accident lawyer can help if you’ve suffered the following catastrophic injuries:
- Damage to internal organs
- Damage to orthopedic function
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
There are significant lifelong costs associated with catastrophic injuries. With the cost of living rising in Killeen, it’s important you hire a catastrophic injury attorney in Killeen who can get you the compensation needed to live a life as close to normal as possible.
What sets your injury lawyers apart?
Other firms may pride themselves on the number of settlements they achieve. However, settling a car accident claim isn’t always a good thing. At The Carlson Law Firm, we aren’t just personal injury lawyers, we’re personal injury trial lawyers. This means, we can take your claim to court when the insurance company is being unfair—and they usually are.
When should you hire an attorney for a car accident?
You should contact a car accident attorney the moment you realize you’re injured or a loved one has been seriously injured or killed in a car crash.
Should I get a lawyer for a Central Texas car accident that wasn’t my fault?
Yes. When someone harms or injures you, you have the right to hire a lawyer and seek compensation. It doesn’t matter where you were injured—in Killeen or anywhere else in Texas, one of our attorneys will be able to represent you.
What is a reasonable settlement for a Killeen car accident?
The specifics of your case are unique and can influence how the insurance company will value your claim in its assessment. Additionally, the value of your claim may increase once you hire a car accident lawyer involved in your claim. In many cases, the information you may find online with a range of settlement numbers may not apply to your claim. For this reason, it’s best to speak with a lawyer at 254-526-5688 to discuss your potential claim through a FREE case evaluation.
We highly recommend that you do not try to settle an injury claim with an insurance company on your own.
How long do I have to file a lawsuit after a car accident in Killeen, Texas?
Generally speaking, Texas allows you two years to file an injury lawsuit. For this reason, speaking with a legal professional as soon as possible after your accident is important.
Further, an attorney can help preserve evidence to help prove your claim. Consultations are free and we are available 24/7.
Carlson: A Community-Focused Law Firm
At The Carlson Law Firm, our clients come first. From the moment you contact us, we will show you why we are the right choice. The Carlson Law Firm has more than 45 years of experience in personal injury law—experience that started right here in Killeen, Texas. Additionally, our accomplished injury lawyers have successfully represented thousands of complex legal claims.
We have a legal team that can provide you the answers you need if you’re wondering if a lawsuit is the right choice for you. As one of the largest injury firms in Central Texas, our attorneys and staff offer a wide range of skills that benefit you. Let us help you by advocating for the maximum amount of compensation available in your claim. We’ll take on the insurance company, so you can focus on your recovery.
We support our Killeen neighbors!
The Carlson Law Firm has been named “Business of the Year” by the Killeen Chamber of Commerce. Our firm continues to support our community through our charitable organization Carlson Cares. We actively build community relationships through the following:
- Supporting Families in Crisis
- Donating to Communities in Schools
- Sponsoring the Cen-Tex Race Series
- Our annual Veteran’s Day Food Truck Rally
- Hosting car seat checks
- Volunteering with local non-profit organizations
- Supporting local elementary schools
For 45 years, The Carlson Law Firm has represented personal injury victims in Killeen, Harker Heights, Copperas Cove, Nolanville, Fort Hood and beyond. Our firm first opened its doors in Killeen in 1976. Since then, we have helped thousands of Bell County residents recover millions of dollars in the aftermath of car collisions. A skilled Killeen car accident lawyer at The Carlson Law Firm can help you prove the other driver is at fault. Our team of attorneys, nurses, and investigators will take a detailed look at your case. In addition, we will help you every step of the way through the physical and financial recovery process.