A car accident lawyer understands lives can change in the blink of an eye. While we can’t undo the past, our legal team can help with what comes next: your recovery. There are many different kinds of car accidents. Some are minor and do not incur much damage to those involved. Others are major and cause severe injury or even death to those involved. If you or a loved one has been involved in a car crash that has resulted in an injury, it is important to discuss your situation with a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. You may be entitled to compensation for the medical bills, pain, suffering and even future medical procedures. At The Carlson Law Firm, a car accident lawyer can help you prove that the other person is at fault by taking a detailed look at the case.
In the event of negligence on the part of the other individual, our firm can help show that the driver was at fault. For 44 years, The Carlson Law Firm has helped victims of car crashes. We have recovered millions of dollars on behalf of our car crash clients. We have a team of attorneys, nurses, and investigators on staff with the experience to not only helping you recover physically but also financially. At The Carlson Law Firm, we can help you through every step of the process of filing a personal injury claim. Contact our team today for a free consultation with a personal injury attorney. A car accident lawyer is available to talk 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Common Car Crashes a Car Accident Lawyer Can Help With
We’ve been representing victims of car crashes for over 40 years. Our team of highly skilled personal injury attorneys is able to handle a variety of auto accident cases, from single-vehicle accidents to collisions with commercial vehicles. If you have suffered an injury through no fault of your own, a car crash lawyer can help. At The Carlson Law Firm, a car accident lawyer can handle the following auto accident lawsuit types:
What to do after a Car Crash: Advice from a car accident lawyer
In 2015 alone, almost 2.44 million people were injured in traffic accidents in the United States, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). It’s important that if you find yourself injured in an auto accident, you’re prepared for what is to come. Filing an auto accident lawsuit might be the best next step for you.
Keep the following tips in mind after a car accident:
- Stay put: Your first reaction may be to leave and get help or go somewhere safe. Leaving the scene of a car accident, especially if there is an injury or death, can bring about serious criminal charges.
- Assess the damage: The safety of yourself and those around you after a car crash is vital. Make sure you, and those affected by the accident, stay out of harm’s way of other vehicles that may still be in the vicinity. This will prevent additional collisions.
- Contact the authorities: By calling 9-1-1, you are making sure you get the medical care you need, as soon as possible.
- Watch what you say (and sign): Never apologize or sign anything taking responsibility for a wreck until you have consulted an experienced auto accident lawyer first.
- Gather information: It’s important to gather the information from other parties involved in a car collision. Make sure to note the names, contact information and driver’s license number of other drivers, passengers, and even witnesses.
- Collect evidence: Pictures of your car and the scene of the crash can be an important resource later to prove damages. Make sure you take pictures of the entire scene, including street signs and roadways.
- Get help from a Car Accident Lawyer: Reach out to a car accident lawyer who specialized in this type of matter. An experienced car crash lawyer from The Carlson Law Firm will put your health first. Additionally, we will handle your auto accident lawsuit for you, so that you can focus on what really matters: your recovery.
Common car accident Injuries
Auto accidents can cause injury to almost every party of the body. However, the severity of your injuries depends on the type of crash; as well as the severity of the impact. Common car accident injuries includes the following:
- Head: Eye injuries, partial vision loss, concussion, facial or jaw fractures and dental injuries
- Neck and Back: Whiplash, strained muscles, and disk injuries
- Abdominal: Injuries to abdominal organs including the liver, spleen, and kidneys
- Broken Bones: Tibia/fibula, femur, rib, hip, pelvis, facial and back fractures are most commonly caused by high-impact crashes.
- Leg and Knee: Bruises, fractures, and meniscus tears
- Feet: Ankles, feet, and toes can be strained, sprained or broken
- Catastrophic Injuries: Auto accidents are the leading cause of catastrophic personal injuries. These injuries typically have a life-long effect.
Because there are so many different types of car accident injuries that you can suffer a result of a car crash, it is important you seek an examination from a medical professional as soon as possible. A doctor will be able to diagnose the type and extent of any injuries or confirm that no injuries occurred. Even if you do not believe that you suffered an injury, it is still a good practice to visit a doctor or other qualified medical professional.
How does a car crash lawyer Determine Fault in an auto accident?
In a majority of states, auto insurance is fault based. Because of this, proving who is at fault is crucial. In order to collect compensation for your injuries and property damage through an auto accident lawsuit, first, a car accident lawyer must prove that the person who caused the crash was negligent, or at fault. Your car wreck attorney will prove fault through an investigation. Your attorney will search for surveillance footage of the accident, request law enforcement reports, pull medical records of your injury and possibly reconstruct the accident.
This is why it is so important to take photographs and get witness information right after an accident. Your attorney will need the information to begin building your case to get you the best settlement possible.
How to determine negligence after a car accident
Negligence is defined as the failure to use ordinary care, or, failing to do what a person of ordinary prudence would have done under the same or similar circumstances.
In order to win a negligence case, the injured party has to prove the following four elements to show that the person at fault acted negligently:
- Duty: The defendant owed a legal duty to the plaintiff under the circumstances
- Breach: The defendant breached that legal duty by acting or failing to act in a certain way
- Causation: It was the defendant’s actions (or inaction) that actually caused the plaintiff’s injury
- Damages: The defendant’s actions harmed or injured the plaintiff
An accomplished Personal Injury Lawyer from The Carlson Law Firm can help you to determine the above elements
How a car accident lawyer at The Carlson Law Firm Can Help You
At The Carlson Law Firm, our clients come first. From the very first moment you contact us, we will show you why we are the right choice. A car accident lawyer understands the toll that a motor vehicle crash takes on you. We understand the new challenges you will face after a car wreck. A car wreck attorney from The Carlson Law firm is here to help you. We can get you just compensation for your injuries or loss of a loved one with an Auto Accident Lawsuit. The Carlson Law Firm has more than 40 years of experience in personal injury law. Additionally, our accomplished Texas personal injury lawyers have successfully represented thousands of complex personal injury claims.
We also help our clients pursue wrongful death claims against at-fault drivers in order to get justice for their loved ones and provide future security for their families. With 13 locations statewide, The Carlson Law Firm has car accident attorney ready to handle your case.
We have a legal team that can provide you the answers you need if you’re wondering if an auto accident lawsuit is the right choice for you. Our legal team has a wide range of skills for your benefit. We have a 40 year proven history of success in recovering compensation for car crash victims. A car accident lawyer will fight for the maximum amount of compensation available. Moreover, our team will work tirelessly to achieve a resolution that can allow you to fully recover from your injuries. Contact a Texas car accident lawyer from our firm at your earliest convenience.