Find a Location
Car Accident Lawyer in Baytown, Texas
In most instances, car accidents are caused by driver error. Unfortunately, even the most alert driver can become a victim of careless behavior. Working with an injury attorney in Baytown, Texas means getting yourself the best chance at maximum recovery. In other words, to get everything you’re entitled to, you should speak with a Baytown car accident lawyer as soon as possible.
In 2020, Baytown experienced 1,822 crashes in its city limits, while Harris County experienced 97,201 crashes. The prevalence of car accidents in the area makes it important to go with an experienced legal team. Our firm has the resources to advocate for you no matter how hard the insurance company fights.
The Carlson Law Firm has represented Baytown’s injury victims for more than 45 years. Hiring an attorney who is local and familiar with your community is important to ensure you get the legal representation you need. Our firm’s injury lawyers have a highly qualified legal team who will take a detailed look at your case to fight for the recovery you deserve.
Why Choose Carlson for your Baytown Car Accident Lawyer?
Knowing the right injury lawyer to call can make all the difference in your case. The Carlson Law Firm is a client-first law firm that provides skilled and experienced legal representation for injury clients. Our Baytown car accident lawyers will do the following:
- Handle your case with no upfront costs to you.
- Communicate with the other driver’s insurance.
- Gather evidence proving the at-fault party’s negligence.
- Work with your doctors to ensure they provide the necessary medical information to prove damages.
- Help you recover medical expenses.
- Negotiate fair settlements.
- Handle lien holds.
All of our injury attorney attorneys are experienced litigation and trial attorneys. This means no matter what your case calls for, we can get you the maximum compensation you deserve.
Hire a Local Trucking Crash Lawyer in Baytown
Because of its proximity to Houston, Baytown sees thousands of 18-wheelers driving through its city limits every day. Because of their large size, when large company vehicles are involved in a crash they cause severe injuries. Victims of trucking accidents are more likely to suffer from catastrophic injuries and death.
It’s important that you have an attorney who has an office local to you and understands the roads that you drive every day. Call The Carlson Law Firm to speak with a qualified and local trucking accident attorney near you. We will take on the stress of dealing with an insurance company that is ready to deny and devalue your injuries.
What is Auto Accident Negligence?
Negligence is defined as the failure to use ordinary care or failing to do what a person of ordinary prudence would have done under the same or similar circumstances.
In order to win a negligence case, the injured party has to prove four points to show that a person at fault acted negligently:
- Duty. The defendant owed a legal duty to the plaintiff under the circumstances.
- Breach. The defendant breached that legal duty by acting or failing to act in a certain way.
- Causation. The defendant’s actions (or inaction) actually caused the plaintiff’s injury.
- Damages. The plaintiff was harmed or injured as a result of the defendant’s actions.
When you call to speak with a car accident attorney in our Baytown office, we will immediately get to work investigating your claims. A car accident attorney must first establish that the person who caused the wreck was negligent in order for you to collect compensation for your injuries.
What Should I Do if I Was Involved in a Car Crash in Baytown?
If you’re in a car accident in Baytown, our injury attorneys urge you to do the following:
- Stay put: Your first reaction may be to leave and get help or go somewhere safe. Leaving the scene of a car accident, especially if there is an injury or death, can bring about serious criminal charges.
- Assess the damage: The safety of yourself and those around you after a car crash is vital. Make sure you, and those affected by the accident, stay out of harm’s way of other vehicles that may still be in the vicinity. This will prevent additional collisions.
- Contact the authorities: By calling 9-1-1, you are making sure you get the medical care you need, as soon as possible.
- Watch what you say (and sign): Never apologize or sign anything taking responsibility for a wreck until you have consulted an experienced auto accident lawyer first.
- Gather information: It’s important to gather the information from other parties involved in a car collision. Make sure to note the names, contact information and driver’s license number of other drivers, passengers, and even witnesses.
- Collect evidence: Pictures of your car and the scene of the crash can be an important resource later to prove damages. Make sure you take pictures of the entire scene, including street signs and roadways.
- Get help from a Car Accident Lawyer: Reach out to a Baytown car accident lawyer who is skilled in this type of matter. An experienced car crash lawyer from The Carlson Law Firm will put your health first. Additionally, we will handle your auto accident lawsuit for you, so that you can focus on what really matters: your recovery.
Contact a Baytown Car Accident Lawyer
If you’ve suffered injuries from a car crash, call a car accident lawyer in Baytown, Texas at 832-806-6155. Our Baytown Personal Injury Lawyers are local and have the skills to handle your claim with the care and compassion you deserve.
We’re here to serve the Baytown community with our signature customer service and skilled legal representation.
Types of Crashes Our Baytown Car Accident Lawyers Handle
Harris County experienced a 17% increase in car accidents involving speeding between 2019 to 2020. Most often, car wrecks in Baytown are the result of driver negligence. The car accident lawyers in our Baytown office often see injuries from the following types of driver negligence:
- Drug use
- Failure to yield the ride of way
- Inattention to traffic signs and signals
Our firm has represented car accident victims for nearly 45 years. We have a team of highly skilled injury lawyers who handle a variety of auto wreck cases.
Our Baytown injury lawyers can help you with the following types of motor vehicle accidents:
At The Carlson Law Firm, a Baytown car accident lawyer from our team will help you to file a claim to recover compensation for:
A Carlson Law Firm Car Accident Lawyer Can Help
At The Carlson Law Firm, our clients come first. From the very first moment you contact us, we will show you why we are the right choice. A Baytown car accident lawyer from our firm understands the toll that a motor vehicle crash takes on you. We understand the new challenges you will face after a car wreck. A car wreck attorney from The Carlson Law Firm is here to help you. We can get you just compensation for your injuries or loss of a loved one with an Auto Accident Lawsuit. The Carlson Law Firm has 45 years of experience in personal injury law. Additionally, our accomplished Texas personal injury lawyers have successfully represented thousands of complex personal injury claims.
There’s a Carlson Law Firm personal injury lawyer near you
With over a dozen locations throughout Texas, there’s a Carlson Law Firm near you. We are one of the largest personal injury law firms in Texas with offices conveniently located in Killeen, Temple, Waco, Round Rock, Austin, San Antonio, Laredo, Bryan, Lubbock, Midland, and Corpus Christi.