Car Accident Lawyers in Austin, TX
Being involved in a car crash on Austin roads or highways can come with anything from a minor fender bender on I-35 in rush hour traffic to a deadly crash on SH-130. If you are involved in a crash, you have options. The Carlson Law Firm has compassionate Austin car accident lawyers who are ready to help.
For the last two decades, Austin has been in the thick of a population boom. And with Tesla slated to begin operating its newest factory from the capital city, the city can only expect to continue its swell.
The Carlson Law Firm has been representing Austin’s injured motorists for more than 40 years. You need an attorney on your side who is local and knows the Austin roads to elevate and tell your story. Call us today. We can help you through your recovery every step of the way.
Choose an Austin Car Accident Lawyer with Compassion
The Carlson Law Firm has been voted the Best Law Firm in Austin by Austin American Statesman readers. In addition, several of our Austin lawyers were voted Clients choose us because when you hire a Carlson Law Firm car accident lawyer you’re getting a lawyer who is both compassionate and experienced.
- Handle your case with no upfront costs to you.
- Communicate with the other driver’s insurance.
- Gather evidence proving the at-fault party’s negligence.
- Work with your doctors to ensure they provide the necessary medical information to prove damages.
- Help you recover medical expenses.
- Negotiate fair settlements.
- Handle lien holds.
What sets a Carlson Law Firm attorney apart from the rest is that our lawyers our trial lawyers. In other words, we’re unafraid to take your case to court when the insurance company isn’t giving you the compensation you deserve. Call us today to schedule a free case evaluation with your Austin car crash injury lawyer.
Should I Hire a Car Accident Lawyer?
Yes. In the aftermath of any car crash, you will have deal with insurance companies. Healing from a crash that you are not to blame for is complicated when you have to deal with the insurance company. Hiring a car accident lawyer in Austin means that you can focus on your recovery, while we handle the insurance company.
The Carlson Law Firm has been assisting victims of negligent drivers for more than 40 years. Our Austin Car Accident Lawyers will help you recover from your physical injuries, emotional trauma, and financial losses that were the result of another person’s negligence.
Types of Cases our Austin Car Crash Attorneys Handle
Austin, Texas is on trend to surpass the number of car crash deaths the city experienced in 2019. So far, in 2020 there have been more than 53 fatalities in Austin compared to August 2019 when there 46 fatalities.
The Carlson Law Firm handles the following types of car crashes in Austin:
Austin Car Accident Statistics
The Travis County Austin-area has the sixth most car crashes in the state. Texas has some of the most congested roads in the nation. Further, the state is experiencing a significant population boom along the I-35 corridor—with Austin being the driving force behind the boom. Currently, Austin has 14 of the most congested roads in Texas.
Car crashes in Travis County are declining thanks to several infrastructure investments by the city of Austin. The city identified the most dangerous intersections and implemented practical changes such as elevated crosswalks to improve safety. As a result, the following dangerous intersections have seen significant declines in crashes:
- I-35 and MLK Boulevard – crashes dropped by 61% in 2019
- U.S. 183 and Cameron Road – there were 57 percent fewer crashes in 2019
- Lamar Boulevard and Parmer Lane – crashes are down 43%
- Lamar Boulevard between Rutland Drive and Rundberg Lane – wrecks dropped by 22%
Still, defensive driving is the key to avoiding car crashes. However, we recognize that sometimes even your best defensive driving won’t stop others’ negligence. It is important that if you find yourself injured in an auto accident, you’re prepared for what is to come.
What Should I Do if I Was Involved in a Car Crash in Austin?
In early 2020, Austin traffic deaths hit a 4-year high with 41% of those being pedestrian crashes. The trend is Austin traffic deaths have persisted through the coronavirus pandemic which less traffic on the road. Further, while traffic fatalities in Austin are up, serious injuries have declined. It is important that you know what to do in the unfortunate event you are involved in a car crash. The following tips are what an Austin car accident attorney recommends in the aftermath of a crash:
- Stay put: Your first reaction may be to leave and get help or go somewhere safe. Leaving the scene of a car accident, especially if there is an injury or death, can bring about serious criminal charges.
- Assess the damage: The safety of yourself and those around you after a car crash is vital. Make sure you, and those affected by the accident, stay out of harm’s way of other vehicles that may still be in the vicinity. This will prevent additional collisions.
- Contact the authorities: By calling 9-1-1, you are making sure you get the medical care you need, as soon as possible.
- Watch what you say (and sign): Never apologize or sign anything taking responsibility for a wreck until you have consulted an experienced auto accident lawyer first.
- Gather information: It’s important to gather information from other parties involved in a car collision. Make sure to note the names, contact information and driver’s license number of other drivers, passengers, and even witnesses.
- Collect evidence: Pictures of your car and the scene of the crash can be an important resource later to prove damages. Make sure you take pictures of the entire scene, including street signs and roadways.
- Get help from a Car Accident Lawyer: Reach out to a car accident lawyer who specialized in this type of matter. An experienced car crash lawyer from The Carlson Law Firm will put your health first. Additionally, we will handle your auto accident lawsuit for you, so that you can focus on what really matters: your recovery.
The Carlson Difference
Car accidents can have lasting effects on your ability to live a happy and fulfilled life. The lawyer you want on your side will understand your losses and help start you on the road to recovery. An Austin car accident attorney from The Carlson Law Firm is ready to help.
Contact an Austin Car Accident Lawyer
If you’ve suffered injuries from a car crash, call an Austin Car Accident Lawyer at 800-359-5690. Our Austin Injury Lawyers are local and have the skills to handle your claim with the care and compassion you deserve.
The Carlson Law Firm’s Austin car accident lawyers are located in two convenient locations in North and South Austin. We’re here to serve the Austin community with our signature customer service and skilled legal representation.
11606 N N Interstate Hwy 35
Austin, TX 78753
135 W Slaughter Ln Suite A
Austin, TX 78748
How a car accident lawyer at The Carlson Law Firm can help
At The Carlson Law Firm, our clients come first. From the first moment you contact us, we will show you why we are the right choice. An Austin car accident lawyer from our firm understands the toll that a motor vehicle crash takes on you. We understand you will face challenges from the recovery process to mounting medical bills.
We can get you just compensation for your injuries or loss of a loved one with an Auto Accident Lawsuit. Our accomplished Texas personal injury lawyers have successfully represented thousands of complex personal injury claims.