Car Accident Lawyers in Austin, Texas
If you are involved in an auto crash, an Austin car accident lawyer can help you understand your legal options. The Carlson Law Firm has more than 40 compassionate injury lawyers who are ready to help. Call one of our injury law firm locations near you to schedule your free consultation. We offer virtual consultations and documentation signings for those who need or want social distancing options.
For the last two decades, Austin has been in the thick of a population boom. And with Tesla slated to begin operating its newest factory from the Texas capital city, residents can continue to expect its roads to swell. Being involved in a car crash on Austin roads or highways can range from a minor fender bender on IH-35 in rush hour traffic to a deadly high-speed crash on SH-130.
The Carlson Law Firm has been representing Central Texas’ most injured motorists for more than 40 years. You need an attorney on your side who is local and knows the Austin roads to elevate and tell your story. Call us today. We can help you through your recovery every step of the way.
Why Choose The Carlson Law Firm for an Austin Car Accident Attorney?
The Carlson Law Firm has been voted the Best Law Firm by Austin American Statesman readers. Our clients recognize that when you hire an auto injury attorney from The Carlson Law Firm you’re getting legal representation that is both compassionate and experienced. A qualified Austin car accident lawyer from our firm will do the following:
- Handle your case with no upfront costs to you.
- Communicate with the other driver’s insurance.
- Gather evidence proving the at-fault party’s negligence.
- Work with your doctors to ensure they provide the necessary medical information to prove damages.
- Help you recover medical expenses.
- Negotiate fair settlements.
- File a lawsuit on your behalf if the insurance company fails to agree to a fair settlement.
- Handle lien holds.
What sets The Carlson Law Firm apart is our dedication to our clients. Our firm has some of the most recognizable and respected injury attorneys in the nation. Our Austin lawyers have recovered significant damages for clients injured through various forms of negligence. Choosing The Carlson Law Firm means choosing a lawyer who won’t settle your case because of time or resource constraints. We have the resources to hire experts and take your case before a judge and jury should the insurance company deny or devalue your claim.
Do I Need to Hire a Car Accident Lawyer?
If you are injured after a car crash that you are not at-fault for, you will need the help of an experienced car accident attorney. In the aftermath of a car crash, you will have to deal with insurance companies. Your top priority should be focused on recovering from your injuries—not negotiating with insurance companies. While it may sometimes be difficult to see the value in hiring an accident lawyer in the aftermath of a crash, it may be an important step in your recovery.
The Carlson Law Firm has been assisting victims of negligent drivers for more than 40 years. Our Austin Car Accident Lawyers will help you recover from your physical injuries, emotional trauma, and financial losses that were the result of another person’s negligence.
Types of Cases our Austin Car Accident Lawyers Handle
Data from the U.S. Census Bureau shows that Austin has had a population increase of 177,079 people between April 1, 2010 – July 1, 2019. And this population boom doesn’t even include the population living in the greater Austin area such as Round Rock, Pflugerville, Kyle, Buda and Cedar Park. Austin is now the 11th most populous city in the U.S. With a growing population and barely growing roadways, it’s important for drivers to remain alert and attentive while driving. Unfortunately, the most common causes of car wrecks in Austin are from driver negligence. The injury lawyers in our Austin offices often see injuries from the following types of driver negligence:
- Drug use
- Failure to yield the ride of way
- Inattention to traffic signs and signals
Austin, Texas is on trend to surpass the number of car crash deaths the city experienced in 2019. So far, in 2020 there have been more than 53 fatalities in the city compared to August 2019 when there 46 fatalities. Our team of highly-skilled accident attorneys is able to handle a variety of auto collision cases. One of our attorneys can help you if you’ve been involved in one of the following accidents:
Austin Car Accident Statistics
The Travis County Austin-area has the sixth most car crashes in the state. Texas has some of the most congested roads in the nation. Further, the state is experiencing a significant population boom along the I-35 corridor—with Austin being the driving force behind the boom. Currently, the city has 14 of the most congested roads in Texas.
Car crashes in Travis County are declining thanks to several infrastructure investments by the Austin City Council. The city identified the most dangerous intersections and implemented practical changes such as elevated crosswalks to improve safety. As a result, the following dangerous intersections have seen significant declines in crashes:
- I-35 and MLK Boulevard – crashes dropped by 61% in 2019
- U.S. 183 and Cameron Road – there were 57% fewer crashes in 2019
- Lamar Boulevard and Parmer Lane – crashes are down 43%
- Lamar Boulevard between Rutland Drive and Rundberg Lane – wrecks dropped by 22%
Still, defensive driving is the key to avoiding car crashes. However, we recognize that sometimes even your best defensive driving won’t stop others’ negligence. It is important that if you find yourself injured in an auto accident, you’re prepared for what is to come.
Pedestrians and Bikers
In 2018, Austin pedestrian deaths reached a record high. In fact, that year pedestrians made up 42% of all traffic deaths.
What Should I Do if I Was Involved in a Car Crash?
If you are involved in a collision on Austin roads, our personal injury attorneys urge you to do the following:
- Stay put: Your first reaction may be to leave and get help or go somewhere safe. Leaving the scene of a crash, especially if there is an injury or death, can bring about serious criminal charges.
- Assess the damage: The safety of yourself and those around you after a car crash is vital. Make sure you, and those affected by the accident, stay out of harm’s way of other vehicles that may still be in the vicinity. This will prevent additional collisions.
- Contact the authorities: By calling 9-1-1, you are making sure you get the medical care you need, as soon as possible.
- Watch what you say (and sign): Never apologize or sign anything taking responsibility for a wreck until you have consulted an experienced auto accident lawyer first.
- Gather information: It’s important to gather information from other parties involved in a car collision. Make sure to note the names, contact information, and driver’s license number of other drivers, passengers, and even witnesses.
- Collect evidence: Pictures of your car and the scene of the crash can be an important resource later to prove damages. Make sure you take pictures of the entire scene, including street signs and roadways.
- Get help from a Car Accident Lawyer: Reach out to an attorney who experienced in this type of matter. An experienced car crash lawyer from The Carlson Law Firm will put your health first. Additionally, we will handle your auto accident lawsuit for you, so that you can focus on what really matters: your recovery.
The Carlson Difference
Auto collisions can have lasting effects on your ability to live a happy and fulfilled life. The lawyer you want on your side will understand your losses and help start you on the road to recovery. An Austin injury attorney from The Carlson Law Firm is ready to help.
How can an Austin Injury Lawyer Help me Prove the Other Driver's Negligence?
When you suffer car crash injuries, an Austin car accident lawyer must establish that the person who caused the wreck was negligent in order for you to collect compensation for your injuries. By definition, negligence is the failure to use ordinary care. In other words, when a person or business fails to do what a person of ordinary prudence would have done under the same or similar circumstances they are negligent.
How to determine negligence after an auto accident?
In order to win a negligence case, the injured party has to prove four points to show that a person at fault acted negligently:
- Duty: The defendant owed a legal duty to the plaintiff under the circumstances
- Breach: The defendant breached that legal duty by acting or failing to act in a certain way
- Causation: It was the defendant’s actions (or inaction) that actually caused the plaintiff’s injury
- Damages: The defendant’s actions harmed or injured the plaintiff
An accomplished Injury Lawyer from The Carlson Law Firm can help you to determine and prove the above elements
Contact an Austin Car Accident Lawyer
When you are injured a car crash, contact a Car Accident Lawyer in Austin at 800-359-5690, or fill out the contact form above. We are available to speak with you 24/7.
The Carlson Law Firm has two convenient locations in North and South Austin here to serve your legal needs:
11606 N N Interstate Hwy 35
Austin, TX 78753
135 W Slaughter Ln Suite A
Austin, TX 78748
Schedule your free consultation with an Austin injury lawyer near you.
How an Austin car accident lawyer at The Carlson Law Firm Can Help
At The Carlson Law Firm, our clients come first. From the moment you contact us, we will show you why we are the right choice. Our injury lawyers understand the toll that a motor vehicle crash takes on you. We understand the new challenges you will face after a car wreck. A car wreck attorney from The Carlson Law firm is here to help you. We can get you just compensation for your injuries or loss of a loved one with an Auto Accident Lawsuit. The Carlson Law Firm has more than 40 years of experience in personal injury law. Additionally, our accomplished Texas personal injury lawyers have successfully represented victims in thousands of complex injury claims.
We also help our clients pursue wrongful death claims against at-fault drivers in order to get justice for their loved ones and provide future security for their families. With 13 locations statewide, The Carlson Law Firm has an injury attorney near you ready to handle your case.
We have a legal team that can provide you the answers you need if you’re wondering if an auto accident lawsuit is the right choice for you. Our legal team has a wide range of skills for your benefit. We have a 40-year proven history of success in recovering compensation for car crash victims. A car accident lawyer will fight for the maximum amount of compensation available. Moreover, our team will work tirelessly to achieve a resolution that can allow you to fully recover from your injuries. Contact a Texas injury lawyer from our firm at your earliest convenience.
We are injury lawyers who support Austin!
The Carlson Law Firm continues to support our community by hosting “Parties with a Purpose” through our charitable organization Carlson Cares. Further, we continue to build community relationships through our work with these Austin organizations:
- Hope Alliance
- Reset Mentoring
- Caritas Community Kitchen
- Mobile Food Pantry in Manor, Texas